Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2024, 05:49 PM   #1

Boom Evolution 50cc

At 75 iam selling my 1500cc suzuki and getting a small scooter just for the fun of it and wanted to know is the evolution a decent scooter.

Old 01-22-2024, 09:10 PM   #2

Not sure about that particular one, most are generic in nature though with the same engine/cvt setup and such.

I do have some general cautions though.

1. 50cc bikes are usually small. I mean 5 foot tall teenage girl small. There are a few full size ones but the little ones are cramped to ride for a grown man.

2. Make sure you get the 139qmb engine. It is the standard China scooter 4 stroke engine. You will want to install a big bore kit which jumps the CC to 75/80. It costs little, can be done in an afternoon, and just about doubles your power. Believe me, you will want the extra power. I am 5'10" and go 200 pounds and I had to duck peddle mine to get it moving in 50cc trim.

3. Most of the 50s have 10" wheels and a down the hill at 45mph run gives you rear wheel shimmy like a TT superbike! Scares the crap out of me! Go for one with 12" wheels.

The top speed on a 50cc is going to be 25-35mph and people will flat out run over you and beep at you like your presence is an insult. The BB kit will give you an extra 20 mph and better acceleration.

If you have your motorcycle certification already you can get a 150cc scooter that is still compact, handles well and tops out at 55-60. Insurance on mine is $15 a year and tags vary by state.

Price on the 150cc from most makers is little more than a 50cc.