Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2015, 05:10 PM   #46

Hi funonemax. I'll try to answer your question as well as I can.

From what you explain on the long warm-up symptoms, it sounds like the PZ27 carb is set up out of the factory like most of them. Lean. If you can access the idle mixture screw, try resetting that first. I got 1 3/4 turns out and adjust from there. Depending on your elevation, you may need rejetting. I've had good luck with the Kehin copies but I'm trying the Mikuni this time just because....

Regarding the suspension, the shocks do suck but I adjusted mine to the lowest (softest) settings front and rear last night and it actually bounces now. Try that first. No fancy wrench needed. Twist the lower spring seats with a pair of channel locks.

The spacers I ordered was from a ballpark measurement I took so hopefully they'll work. I ordered these 4/110 2" spacers. If they don't fit, I'll remeasure when it's not 27' in my garage. I'll keep you posted after I receive them.

http://www.amazon.com/Factory-Spec-F...+wheel+spacers

Of the China quads, these are about as tall of tires they come with. Regarding a twist throttle, Mrs 2LZ would love one on the 150 ATV I'm looking at for her. Her Jetski had a thumb throttle and she hated it. I'd like to hear from someone who did the conversion.

The motor is probably the 167FMM. It's most likely a 229/230. My tank had a 250 sticker on it, the website says a 200cc and the frame tag says 150! LOL! Keep fresh oil in that motor and it will give you years of good service.

Looks like a ton of fun in your pics! Thanks for posting!

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 12-08-2015, 11:03 PM   #47

twist throttle

I had bought a adapter twist throttle at CABELA.. you just remove the rubber grip slide it on.. and it pushes the thumb throttle when you turn the handle grip... works good.. check them out... or on ebay .

Old 12-09-2015, 12:58 AM   #48

A twist throttle is tough to use on a machine that you actually steer. Bikes lean more than steer, so a twist throttle works there.

I use a thumb extender on all the quads I've ridden. It makes all the difference.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 12-09-2015, 09:48 AM   #49

mods on the way

Purchased a twist throttle AND a thumb adaptor.

Holding off on the read spacers until I see that they work, if they do then I will get them shipped right away.

Thanks for the heads up on the shocks, I will give that a shot first. Channel locks and twist to the lowest level. Maybe second lowest if it will stop it from being bouncy.

I have messed with the idle screw and marked it with a sharpie. Since then I have had to adjust it 3 separate times. Not a big deal, but it would be nice to have it as one and done. Re jetting may just be the way to go, I will see if she is serious about it or going to transfer over to the apollo motorcycle that I have been tweaking.

Either way, its a good day in the woods. Thank you for the quick reply, following this post for more updates.

Old 12-09-2015, 10:45 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLASHLIGHTBOY View Post
I had bought a adapter twist throttle at CABELA.. you just remove the rubber grip slide it on.. and it pushes the thumb throttle when you turn the handle grip... works good.. check them out... or on ebay .
Wow! I like that Handy Throttle idea! I looked it up on Cabela's as you suggested and it could do the trick. Wife wants a new comforter from them so maybe I can biggyback her order for the free shipping.

2009 Q Link XP 200

Old 12-09-2015, 10:52 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by funonemax View Post
Purchased a twist throttle AND a thumb adaptor.

Holding off on the read spacers until I see that they work, if they do then I will get them shipped right away.

Thanks for the heads up on the shocks, I will give that a shot first. Channel locks and twist to the lowest level. Maybe second lowest if it will stop it from being bouncy.

I have messed with the idle screw and marked it with a sharpie. Since then I have had to adjust it 3 separate times. Not a big deal, but it would be nice to have it as one and done. Re jetting may just be the way to go, I will see if she is serious about it or going to transfer over to the apollo motorcycle that I have been tweaking.

Either way, its a good day in the woods. Thank you for the quick reply, following this post for more updates.
Understanding that they're brand new, my shocks barely budged on the middle settng and I'm 190 pounds. I'll take it out this weekend and see how the lowest setting works.

The idle mixture screw that points straight down does have a tendency to move sometimes. I don't recall a spring on them. I check mine once in a blue moon just because, anyway. I rejetted the Keihin clone on my Xmoto and set up the mixture and that throttle is very snappy. Instant response. I can't remember what jetting it was but it made a huge difference. It's ths standard rejet everyone here uses for both pilot and main.

2009 Q Link XP 200

Old 12-12-2015, 07:31 PM   #52

Spacers!

Before I get into the spacers, To all of you who have a Rhino or 250D and you can't figure out why the rear rack won't mount straight, the four up-spars are all slightly tweeked exactly the same. Put one end in a vise, the other in a large crescent wrench and tweek to straight.

Now, on to the spacers. They arrived today so I got right on it. The rear end is over 6" more narrow than the front. I bought the 4 X 110-two inch spacers and they fit like a glove.
You'll have to get longer 10mm shoulder bolts to mount to the axle and still get the lock nuts on the back. Not a big deal, just an added trip to the hardware store.

After I mounted the spacers, I measured again and saw I could have easily gone further so I bought an extra inch by swapping the wheels side to side. The valve stems are still easily reachable on the inside of the rim. Anyway, big difference in appearance and side hill stability.

2009 Q Link XP 200

Last edited by 2LZ; 08-29-2016 at 10:54 AM.

Old 12-12-2015, 07:36 PM   #53

Three more plus before and after. Unfortunately, the after pic is blotched up by some old guy who's wife insisted be in it.

2009 Q Link XP 200

Old 12-12-2015, 10:03 PM   #54

Those look like pretty nice pieces... Hopefully we'll get a 150D soon.. I'll have to check the bolt pattern and see if it's the same..

Old 12-13-2015, 12:34 PM   #55

Nice spacers! Those look like quality pieces at a fair price.

I recommend that you make another trip to the hardware store for spacers that are even a little longer; 10mm more will do. It's best to have the threads extend beyond the nyloc by at least the diameter of the bolt. You don't want them backing off on you.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 12-13-2015, 12:51 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Nice spacers! Those look like quality pieces at a fair price.

I recommend that you make another trip to the hardware store for spacers that are even a little longer; 10mm more will do. It's best to have the threads extend beyond the nyloc by at least the diameter of the bolt. You don't want them backing off on you.
Yep... These are the nice, grade 8 bolts I originally bought (compared to the stockers) for the job that were more than long enough, but not being shoulder, I couldn't get a socket on them. :-( I assembled with the stock bolts for "photo purposes". I'll be replacing them soon with the longer shafts in a shoulder bolt. Nice catch! ;-)

2009 Q Link XP 200

Old 12-13-2015, 03:09 PM   #57

If you can't find shoulder bolts in the metric size you need, you can always use socket head cap screws with washers. Stainless might even be a good plan.

Old 12-13-2015, 08:02 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
If you can't find shoulder bolts in the metric size you need, you can always use socket head cap screws with washers. Stainless might even be a good plan.
I hit my local hardware store and also Lowes today. No metric in the correct size in either cap head or flange bolts. I'll have to hit a place next time I go to Sac. Never simple, right????

2009 Q Link XP 200

Old 12-14-2015, 09:48 AM   #59

Typical, even in Canada. I go to a great little shop called Precise Bearing in Abbotsford, and they have had almost every fastener I've ever needed. Perhaps you'll find a one-stop shop like that.

Old 12-14-2015, 11:42 AM   #60

Everything was camo so I could not see anything

Sent those adapters to my girlfriends sister. Hopefully she will buy them and we can get the proper bolts from Fastenal (decent store nearby). I think it looks great, really like the improved stability of kicking the rears out, however not sure I will "Flip the rims" for another inch until she runs them around the first time.

Really looking good. I will post up some pics next weekend of her updates if we make any before riding around christmas week.