Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2016, 07:08 AM   #1

Head Scratching Roketa DB-07k vc Roketa DB-07?

Can anyone tell me the difference between the Roketa DB-07k vc Roketa DB-07? Thanks

Old 07-15-2016, 11:52 AM   #2

I don't know the difference, but I have a DB-07. If you have specific questions about it, fire away.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 07-15-2016, 12:31 PM   #3

Head Scratching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
I don't know the difference, but I have a DB-07. If you have specific questions about it, fire away.
I was just on the phone with Roketa and they said the DB-07k is the OEM ver but didnt know anything about whats different from the DB-07. I just bought the DB-07k ver and I hope it has the counterbalance engine. I wont know until it gets here. So Iam trying to find out what is different between the two manly if the k ver still has a counterbalance engine? Is there anyone here with a DB-07k? Thanks

Old 07-15-2016, 12:44 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Do you have any closeup pics of the sides of your engine looking from towards the front? I could match them up with the pics from the website I bought mine from. Thanks

Old 07-15-2016, 01:16 PM   #5

What website did you get the 'K' from?

Did you ever get the refund back from the other sale?

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 07-15-2016, 01:42 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhule View Post
What website did you get the 'K' from?

Did you ever get the refund back from the other sale?
I got a check but dont know if it is any good? I should know by the end of the month. The K comes from here:
http://www.roketa.com/product/produc...=0&proID=59732

This link shows the DB-07 with and with out the k. Notice the difference in the description of the two bikes:
http://www.roketa.com/product/product_list.jsp?cateID=7
Check out the pic of the engine. Looks like a counterbalance bulge to me?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DB-07k engine.jpg (41.4 KB, 192 views)

Old 07-15-2016, 01:46 PM   #7

Did you sign up to be a dealer? How did you order direct from 'Roketa'?

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 07-15-2016, 01:47 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhule View Post
Did you sign up to be a dealer? How did you order direct from 'Roketa'?
I ordered from http://www.superiorpowersports.com/2...k250db-07k.htm

Old 07-16-2016, 12:47 AM   #9

In stock?

I talked to them the other day and they said they where out of stock? Most likely 3 to 4 weeks wait time. If they ship please let me know. I'm also looking for Bashan Storm.

Old 07-16-2016, 09:32 AM   #10

To me, at least according to the pics in your links...I dont see any difference between the 07 and 07k. It's the older "darth vader" headlight bucket (like my X-Moto) and the older, hard plastics.

If it was up to me, I'd save the extra 100.00 and wait for Superior to stock and get the "08" (Storm).

That's just me though.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 07-16-2016, 09:50 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
To me, at least according to the pics in your links...I dont see any difference between the 07 and 07k. It's the older "darth vader" headlight bucket (like my X-Moto) and the older, hard plastics.

If it was up to me, I'd save the extra 100.00 and wait for Superior to stock and get the "08" (Storm).

That's just me though.
Its been wait for 3 or 4 weeks for months? My riding season is almost over here at 9000 feet. But I really want a storm.

Old 07-16-2016, 11:02 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
Do you have any closeup pics of the sides of your engine looking from towards the front? I could match them up with the pics from the website I bought mine from. Thanks
I'll dig around and see. The engine is in a bunch of pieces right now. It is not counter-balanced and it is an OHC motor. It's an early China bike, but it came with front and rear discs and inverted forks.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 07-17-2016, 12:31 AM   #13

If you look at the pictures closely you can seen they are very similar with a number of differences. It appears that DB-07K is a Bashan BS250GY-63. Roketa seems to think they are similar enough so say that it's a direct replacement for the DB-07. If I'm not mistaken the original DB-07 was a shine ray (xy250gy-?). The Bashan has the same standard GY back plastics but if you look at the headlight on the DB-07K its the standard horizontal rectangle. Something you might actually see on a Jap bike. Superior is using pictures from the original DB-07.

Old 07-17-2016, 02:07 PM   #14

Nonone, I agree that the DB-07 is just like the Shineray; I'm not sure if one came from the other or they were concurrently produced in different factories. Neither answer would surprise me.

Old 07-18-2016, 01:41 AM   #15

I can't remember / not sure either. I think the DB-07's may have been part of that Roketa scandal where the owner ended up in jail. I'm fairly sure there were at least some were Shine ray's. I don't think they will pull that again. I looked though the '13 - '16 EPA sheets looking for 230's and 250's from china but I didn't see anything abnormal.All companies I've seen before. I don't believe Roketa is branding anything anymore. It seems like anything past 2010 or 2011 model year does not have Roketa branding and sometimes will not have any. Possibly referred to as OEM style. China sourcing normally dictates OEM as unbranded but with vehicles you never know.

Last edited by nonone; 07-18-2016 at 02:19 AM.