Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2023, 04:15 PM   #61

Took the Templar out on the streets and dirt roads for 20 miles today. Stoped at the motorcycle shop to get an inspection sticker. Required her in NH. The guy said “what is this”, so I explained and he said “that’s a hell of a deal”. Then he asked if all the lights worked I said yes and he slapped the sticker on. Didn’t even verify one light! When I went to start it back up, the engine kept cranking and cranking, but wouldn’t start. After panicking for a while, I pushed the killswitch to run, and she fired up. On my snowmobiles nothing happens if the kill switch is off. Overall very happy with the whole bike. I’m not sure what a suspension is supposed to feel like so no much I can say to that and the rear shock preload. I did notice on some rocks and bumps the front suspension rebounded with a thunk if the wheel went off the ground. Like the opposite of bottoming out if that’s such a thing. Will need more seat time to tell what I need to adjust or modify.

Old 04-22-2023, 06:53 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by btr22 View Post
Took the Templar out on the streets and dirt roads for 20 miles today. Stoped at the motorcycle shop to get an inspection sticker. Required her in NH. The guy said “what is this”, so I explained and he said “that’s a hell of a deal”. Then he asked if all the lights worked I said yes and he slapped the sticker on. Didn’t even verify one light! When I went to start it back up, the engine kept cranking and cranking, but wouldn’t start. After panicking for a while, I pushed the killswitch to run, and she fired up. On my snowmobiles nothing happens if the kill switch is off. Overall very happy with the whole bike. I’m not sure what a suspension is supposed to feel like so no much I can say to that and the rear shock preload. I did notice on some rocks and bumps the front suspension rebounded with a thunk if the wheel went off the ground. Like the opposite of bottoming out if that’s such a thing. Will need more seat time to tell what I need to adjust or modify.

That happened to me a couple of times. It's a relief when it instantly fires up once the kill switch is turned on!!!!

Old 05-15-2023, 10:33 PM   #63

JTR897.44 on top of JTR210.46 for visual comparison. So close yet so far away.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20230515_215130157.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	534.1 KB
ID:	29219

Old 05-18-2023, 10:36 PM   #64

I finally installed my new JTR897.44 today, it fits perfectly and I love the new drive ratio. Exactly what I was hoping for. The oem 47 tooth was great for off road but terrible on road. This is a much better compromise. I can enjoy 45mph roads and still have decent gearing for off road.

I'm still trying to aim my crappy headlight. I used all the available adjustment and it's still shining in the trees. The beam pattern is horrible. I think I should just get a new headlight.

Old 06-16-2023, 05:37 PM   #65

Replacement headlamp for Templar

The stock headlamp on the Templar is worthless. It's a reflector housing which only works well with incandescent bulbs but it is fitted with a very cheap, low output LED bulb. The only incandescent bulbs that fit the BA-20D base are low wattage and useless for a headlight. I tried installing a better LED but although much brighter, it had a terrible beam pattern (as expected). It was blinding to on-coming traffic with a weak, scattered pattern extending from roadway to sky.

LED headlights require a projector housing to work properly so I decided to test this dual projector replacement headlamp assembly from Amazon.

Attachment 29443

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BRQ1ZZL3...roduct_details

Watch for coupons on this item. I got 40% off and today it's 20% off. The same headlamp is also available with a plastic number plate and mounting straps on Amazon for ~$60.

Installation was a breeze. The light assembly is a direct fit replacement for the oem unit. The new light includes a separate pigtail connector to allow you to change the wiring pinout to match the oem 4-pin male harness plug. The oem wire color assignments are listed below:

Green - ground
White - low beam/running light*
Brown - running light/low beam*
Blue - high beam

* Interchangeable. Both are +12v when headlamp switch is 'on'

I wired mine:

OEM - New
Green - black (gnd)
white - white (RL)
blue - brown (HB)
brown - blue (LB)

The results are amazing! The beam pattern is near perfect, the cut-off is clean and well defined and the light output is very impressive. I would definitely buy it again. It is the single biggest improvement to my Templar yet. I don't plan to ride a lot at night but at least now I can and with confidence.

Note: I have no idea if this fits the Templar X or M number plate but the version with a new plate should fit without issue.

Old 06-16-2023, 11:27 PM   #66

Name:	IMG_20230617_194343166.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	1.00 MB
ID:	29463 Off

Name:	IMG_20230617_194540586.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	900.0 KB
ID:	29464 On

Name:	IMG_20230617_212109798.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	630.8 KB
ID:	29465 low beam

Name:	IMG_20230617_212149362.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	591.9 KB
ID:	29466 high beam

Name:	IMG_20230617_212310848.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	724.2 KB
ID:	29467 cut-off

Last edited by Fast_Freddy; 06-18-2023 at 01:33 AM.

Old 06-18-2023, 01:35 AM   #67

New pics^^^

Old 04-25-2024, 06:48 PM   #68

So I tore the front off. When I am going over a bump or driving around at my house I am hearing a creaking sound. From where I can hear it is the lower steerhead bracket. I took it all apart the bearing is well packed with grease and so is the upper. Put all back together and still hearing this sound. Does anyone know what size bearings these are? Only thing I can think is to replace bearing and seals and see if that fixes my problem but I have no clue how big the bearings are other than top is smaller than the bottom one.

Last edited by Maiville06; 04-25-2024 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Spelling error