Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2006, 09:30 AM   #1

Nice looking 250cc

http://seeyes.manufacturer.globalsou...GetProduct.htm

Old 11-09-2006, 10:25 PM   #2

Wow that is nice, Doesnt say so but it appears to have 2 exhaust pipes could that be a twin cylinder. Let me know when the 350s arrive :wink:

Old 11-21-2006, 12:10 PM   #3

Will the real manufacturer please stand up?????

I wonder who really is the maker, Xingyu or Xyngyue? I have been researching this bike and now wonder who makes what, the picture of this one is the same bike but with no background, I am just curious. What do you guys think? http://www.chinaxingyu.com/XY-DB01.htm

Old 11-21-2006, 01:03 PM   #4

Both companies seem to to be located in the same town...
They probably both manufacture these bikes. There are numerous companies in China making similar looking bikes under different brands, copies of copies of...

Quote:

Zhejiang Xingyu Industry & Trade Co., Ltd. Is located in Yongkang of Zhejiang, the world hardware manufacturing base. We pride ourselves on being a professional manufacturer within this community. Since our establishment in 1996, the company has witnessed rapid growth with annual output increasing .

Quote:

China Xingyue Group lies in Yongkang city of Zhejiang province---the capital of hardware of China. It founded in 1989. The comprehensive strength of Xingyue Group runs No. 62nd in top 500 Chinese Civil Enterprises, and it comes out No. 19th in the top 100 Tax Paying Private Enterprises of China;

Edit: This post officially made me a "super cool boy" - feels a bit odd, now I must live up to that pressure also :wink:

Old 11-21-2006, 01:36 PM   #5

Yes, I think you are right, I just thought how the picture was the same for both companies, one had back ground, the other had no background except the shadow inside the front rim. I just find little things like that interesting. The picture is identical, I just wonder if one makes for the other, the graphics and everything are exactly identical anyhow I think I am getting one soon!

Old 11-21-2006, 03:02 PM   #6

This bike has been shown a few times here and there. I know it hasn't made it to the US, yet, unless someone was able to get a container in. (New emissions law make it vitually impossible to import bikes without EPA certification). I have no idea why it hasn't made a bigger inroad anywhere, unless it is still a prototype...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CathastrophiX

Edit: This post officially made me a "super cool boy" - feels a bit odd, now I must live up to that pressure also :wink:
You must use the power wisely...

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 11-21-2006, 10:00 PM   #7

Well I just got a reply from xingyu company and they sent a copy of the epa cert. and it is from the xingyue company, it doesn't make sense, but I am going to keep researching it, it looks like a cool bike. wonder if the 'yu company is a division of the 'yue company?????? I am going to just come out and ask them whats up.

Old 11-21-2006, 10:21 PM   #8

It says on the site that they do OEM manufacture. Since I got into these Chinese bikes a few years ago, and have seen a few companies go from importers to "manufacturers" (i.e. Jetmoto, Roketa) it has intrigued me to be a manufacturer. If that company doesn't release that bike soon, someone should slap their own name on it and bring it out worldwide!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 11-22-2006, 01:33 AM   #9

Yes, I can see it now!

CULCUNE MOTORCYCLES releases the Culcune 250, Chairman Culcune says "Our goal is to beat competitors like Fukang, remember I´m a Mega Cool Boy"

Old 11-22-2006, 09:39 AM   #10

maybe the "POHOE DT 250" the little catch phrase could be "who needs a FUKANG bike when you could be riding a POHOE" I would just like to know who actually builds it, just my little curiosity. It looks good but I wonder the quality, sucks when you can't see it in real life. I hope it isn't a hand gernade. wait, how is this "IF YOU WANT MORE THAN JUST A FUKANG, YOU'LL GET A LIFETIME OF RIDING FUN WITH A POHOE DT250, TEST RIDE A POHOE TODAY, WE KNOW YOU WILL BE SATISFIED".
Monica Lewinski could be the spokesmodel.

Old 11-22-2006, 10:59 AM   #11

You can't forgot about the 'Wusi' company; never underestimate the competition!!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 11-23-2006, 02:52 AM   #12

In Turkey you can buy them, they´re called Brave 250:

http://www.speedmotors.com.tr/b250.html

Old 11-23-2006, 12:42 PM   #13

Brave, now thats a good name, wonder if I buy a sample what could I name it. The Frank 250, I don't really know how to say Xingyu, I need phonics on that one, is it zing-you, or x-ing-you, I don't know the language.

I just wonder if I could swing buying one, seems like a lot of trouble, and what if the bike sucks, not like I can get a refund. The picture looks so good, but just like building a house, it's the guts that ultimatley count, all the gingerbread doesn't make it quality. Sortta like street bike phrase, chrome don't get ya home. I owned some rat harleys, but they always ran much better than they looked. As we all deal with limited budgets, ya have to sacrifice looks sometimes for perfomance. And the Chinese are giving us the ability to afford a dirtbike. I've said before, for the price of a comparible Japanese bike, I could buy a 883 sportster, strip it down, lighten it, and put knobbies on it, and resproket the thing and have one bad ass dirt bike. And the metal tank would bring me back to the 70's when I started dirt biking. Damb it would be my 72' Yamaha DT360 with a big twin. Hell, Evil Kineivel did his thing on Sportsters. I can't see paying $6,599.00 for a CRF250! In fact the 883 is less expensive.

Old 11-23-2006, 12:48 PM   #14

Ask for opinions at a turkish motorcycle forum?

Old 11-23-2006, 12:57 PM   #15

good call, thats why this sight is so cool, input is such a good thing thanks