Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Riding > Ride Reports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2016, 06:29 PM   #1

First Off Road Ride - Colombia AKT 250 TT

Trying to rack up the miles. Truthfully I think I am looking for problems after my original experience. But I havent found a single issue. The bike is running fantastic. I was looking for some backroads/trails to ride today and stumbled upon a pretty good one. The GPS led me astray but I got some good video out of it anyway. Headed into the Eastern Plains right outside of town. Its a popular vacation area with lots of small farms and vacation cottages scattered about. This area is popular since its right outside the Andes mountains as the landscape slopes south towards the Amazon and its pretty warm...actually hot all the time. We are very close to the equator here and the elevation is low, probably about 700´ above sea level where I was riding today. The city where I live is right on the slope leaving the Andes and its about 1500´. The forst stop was a fallen soldier memorial right near the local military base. Got the new action camera out and mounted. Really happy with the versatility of the mounts and ease of use. The camera only has 4 buttons and a full menu on the screen to get it set up. The only issue I have been having is making sure I am hitting the record button on and off properly. I turned the volume of the beep up to hopefully it will now be a non-issue. As I said before the camera records in 10 minute blocks. This is probably the best. The bike handled the rocky trail very well. I was really happy with the performance. This is probably as aggressive as I want to get when going off road, especially alone. Some of these rocks are pretty good size and of course the tires are drawn right to them. Heard one loud bang from a rock that kicked up into the bash plate so it did its job well today. Since I vibrated the hell out of the bike today I triple checked all of screws when I got home and everything is secure. My 8 year old went through the bike for me on Thursday and put a nice coat of fingernail polish on all the exposed threads. I cant find loctite here so I hope this does the trick to keep anything from loosening up. SO far so good but Ill keep a close eye on it.
The more I ride the bike the happier I get with my decision to purchase it. The customer service experienced from AKT after the original purchase really helped my comfort level with the RX3 and now with a bike that seems to be just about perfect I know I made the right decision. Not sure how to post with a video in the pst so here is a link and a couple of pics. One is yours truly showing the camera mount. Everything you see there came in the kit that I bought online for $53 plus lots of other items in the accessory case thats in the rear case of the moto.

Camera post is here .... http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=15713

https://youtu.be/O4GiXL0rnPU
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160102_134951.jpg (95.5 KB, 259 views)
File Type: jpg 20160102_135000.jpg (97.6 KB, 268 views)
File Type: jpg 20160102_143758b.jpg (77.4 KB, 218 views)

Old 01-04-2016, 05:38 PM   #2

Mountain Climbing!!

Found this road/trail on Google maps. It showed it a a loop so I thought I would give it a go. Turned out to be a one lane road that turned into a rocky, dirt, washed out, bumpy, kidney jarring trail. And it was tons of fun. The RX3 was awesome. I had a blast but of course the picture dont show just how steep parts of this road were. Heres a link to a portion of the video I made with the new clone action camera. The last pictures are from the dead end at the top of the mountain. Beautiful views of the plains on one side and Andes mountains on the other.

This was steep!!!!
Name:  DSCN2581.jpg
Views: 303
Size:  97.8 KB

Name:  DSCN2606.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  95.7 KB

Name:  DSCN2605.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  90.9 KB

Old 01-05-2016, 11:08 AM   #3

Thanks for the ride! The perspective was not lost on me; it looked very steep in some places. Beautiful countryside.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-05-2016, 02:28 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Thanks for the ride! The perspective was not lost on me; it looked very steep in some places. Beautiful countryside.
X2. That was a great video, Mike.

I suggest you install some hand guards to protect your levers. Also, I think you would really enjoy the extra torque from a 13T, counter shaft sprocket.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894