Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2022, 02:32 PM   #211

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutcracker View Post
Ok here's the results on sprockets. First off the I incorrectly measured the bolt pattern it's 153MM not 150. I will attach the link for the sprocket I used. So I tried 2 sprockets. 38 tooth and 42 tooth. The angle from the swing arm to the front sprocket is to much causing the majority of the chain to ride on the guide. Gearing was very high 20MPH plus 1st gear. I did not trust high speed with so much chain laying on the guide. I'm sure it would hit 80.. Not what I'm after. So the 42 tooth is FANTASTIC! The bike preforms so much better. I put 50 miles on the bike today. 42 tooth gave me about a 5 to 6 mph gain in each gear. Making 55MPH achievable at only 5K RPM. The harmonics from the non-counter balanced engine is not noticeable. Very comfortable. It hits 70 still pretty wound out but not like it's going to explode.. I'm still very able to lug thru trails no issue the engine has a good low end torque and has plenty of spin when I punch the throttle just lugging along.
Would you be able to attach the link for the sprockets you used? I would really appreciate it!

Thanks!

Old 05-24-2022, 07:13 PM   #212

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck369 View Post
Try the Shinko 244's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Kenda K270 4.60-18 and 2.75-21 are good, and about $135 for the pair.
For all of the extras, this bike is the best deal around for off-road riding. With a Full 250cc 19hp engine, adjustable suspension, skid plate, big caged foot pedals, folding gearshift and all lights to sneak around on the roads! It isn't even that heavy weighing in at about 260lbs.

This bike is not so much for road use though, and really barely dual sport. It is more oriented towards Enduro. Yes, you can put Enduro tires on it, but a Bashan Brozz or a Hawk are more dual sport. And with off road only MCO, you may not be able to plate it anyway. Frankly, that is the only real drawback to this TemplarX.
Thanks fellas.
Honestly I just don’t know how to read motorcycle tire sizes-and looking for tires that fit a 2.15x18 tire has been frustrating. I can’t find much in the original tire size, so what sizes should I be looking for to fit these?

I would agree with your assessment of the bike, but how did you come up with that weight? It “feels” heavier than that but my feelers aren’t calibrated lol. Did you weigh it?

If I can get the bike to cruise at 40mph at 4500 or less rpm then it’ll be perfect for the dirt/gravel roads where we live-not great for highways though.
I’ll just get a DR650 for them lol.
2023 Royal Enfield Classic 350 “Trigger”

Old 05-24-2022, 07:21 PM   #213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Wojo View Post
Would you be able to attach the link for the sprockets you used? I would really appreciate it!

Thanks!
I think this is it-153mm spacing on the bolts.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0068OC2T4...v_ov_lig_dp_it

Old 05-24-2022, 07:23 PM   #214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Wojo View Post

Thanks!
This is the one I used. Get a quality 6mm Allen Wrench & sprocket wrench. They went a little crazy on lock-tite..

JT Sprockets JTR210.42 42T Steel Rear Sprocket , black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0068OC2T4...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Old 05-24-2022, 09:07 PM   #215

Holy smokes-I’ve never seen a more restricted intake than on this bike.
On a lark I decided to see what the filter looked like…didn’t realize that the whole top half was basically blocked by the battery tray, and that it effectively had zero airflow.
There has to be a better way! Lol

Old 05-25-2022, 08:20 AM   #216

Quote:
This is the one I used. Get a quality 6mm Allen Wrench & sprocket wrench. They went a little crazy on lock-tite..

JT Sprockets JTR210.42 42T Steel Rear Sprocket , black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0068OC2T4...ing=UTF8&psc=1
You will probably have excess chain length after installing a much smaller rear sprocket. If you haven't got one, you can get a "chain break tool" for under $20 to push out the shaft and remove as many as you need to. Just remove the master link first, determine the number of overlapping links, and take them off at the end of the chain, then reconnect the master link. Pin the chain break in a vice. It is much easier that way.

Name:  chainbreak.jpg
Views: 1431
Size:  36.1 KB

Explained here... the one thing not explained clearly is that you need to back off the center post so that pin is retracted into the link clamping anvil (adjustable side). Once the link is firmly pinched (not too tight!), then drive out the link pin:

Old 05-25-2022, 01:38 PM   #217

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okierider View Post
Thanks fellas.
Honestly I just don’t know how to read motorcycle tire sizes-and looking for tires that fit a 2.15x18 tire has been frustrating. I can’t find much in the original tire size, so what sizes should I be looking for to fit these?

I would agree with your assessment of the bike, but how did you come up with that weight? It “feels” heavier than that but my feelers aren’t calibrated lol. Did you weigh it?

If I can get the bike to cruise at 40mph at 4500 or less rpm then it’ll be perfect for the dirt/gravel roads where we live-not great for highways though.
I’ll just get a DR650 for them lol.
There are 3 weights listed in the specs under the photos on the website for the bike (powersportsmax). Net weight is listed as 258. KTM 250 is about 250 wet weight. Not sure if the listed TemplarX net weight is wet weight, or how accurate it is. But the KTM is a $10k bike!

Old 05-25-2022, 03:28 PM   #218

Quote:
There are 3 weights listed in the specs under the photos on the website for the bike (powersportsmax). Net weight is listed as 258. KTM 250 is about 250 wet weight. Not sure if the listed TemplarX net weight is wet weight, or how accurate it is. But the KTM is a $10k bike!
I saw the gross weight of 326 and figured that was wet weight, but honestly I have no idea.

Old 05-25-2022, 06:06 PM   #219

Quote:
I saw the gross weight of 326 and figured that was wet weight, but honestly I have no idea.
Not sure what gross weight could be. I thought, let's see... 326-258 = 68 lbs
EDIT! The freight weight is 326lbs. It is on the bill of lading (R&L carriers, freight). So Gross is the crated shipping weight! So 258 might be dry weight, might be wet weight... Not bad at all, either way

Hmmm... gasoline weighs 6 pounds per gallon and it is just a <2.5 gallon tank (less than 15 pounds of gasoline). Oil is a little heavier, but just one quart so less than 2 pounds, right!?

Yeah... no idea what they mean by gross weight! Maybe that's after inflating the tires

But seriously, if the thing weighs 260 pounds before fuel/oil, that should mean under 280 wet weight then? That isn't much more than the KTM. Will we ever know the truth? Maybe I can find a scale after I assemble it. Uh, yes I did order one

I would like a GPX TSE250R 38hp 2-stroke is tantalizing! But for about a third of the price, I will take my chances. Here we go

Last edited by Thumper; 05-27-2022 at 05:19 PM.

Old 05-25-2022, 07:43 PM   #220

Quote:
Not sure what gross weight could be. I thought, let's see... 326-258 = 68 lbs
Hmmm... gasoline weighs 6 pounds per gallon and it is just a <2.5 gallon tank (less than 15 pounds of gasoline). Oil is a little heavier, but just one quart so less than 2 pounds, right!?

Yeah... no idea what they mean by gross weight! Maybe that's after inflating the tires

But seriously, if the thing weighs 260 pounds before fuel/oil, that should mean under 280 wet weight then? That isn't much more than the KTM. Will we ever know the truth? Maybe I can find a scale after I assemble it. Uh, yes I did order one

I would like a GPX TSE250R 38hp 2-stroke is tantalizing! But for about a third of the price, I will take my chances. Here we go
I wonder if the gross weight is the shipping weight? That would make the net weight of 260 make sense.
So maybe 275 wet? Not bad.

Edit: alright! One more on team Templar lol.
I’m really tempted to order the stripped down version too. Same power, even lighter

Old 05-25-2022, 10:09 PM   #221

Quote:
Edit: alright! One more on team Templar lol.
I’m really tempted to order the stripped down version too. Same power, even lighter
It is $1499 (!) for that "stripped down" bike right now. That is truly amazing. Even with $300 shipping, it is great! Stripped down means you only get...
well it still has the 249cc 19hp engine, a 520 chain/sprockets, a battery, USD front forks (!), folding stubby short shifter (!), tucked in brake, tucked in kickstart, AND electric start, full led lighting/turn signals, the full sized 21"/18" wheels (!), tiny compression release lever for easy start (or whatever that is), throttle cam roller, kill switch, digital display with fuel gauge and tach, digital gear indicator...oh, and a new Lime green color option! Frame is painted color option on the Templar, not the Templar X (flat black frame), and Templar X is 6" longer wheelbase. Also, Front fork travel is longer on the X. Swingarm geometry looks different too.

Losing the rack, ballonet/adjustment rear shock feature, engine guard, some plastic covers, and other changes saves (258-232 =) 26 lbs. Yup, I agree. Nice. I wanted the rack and adjustable shocks, so I paid the extra $350. Still a good deal!

Last edited by Thumper; 05-25-2022 at 10:54 PM.

Old 05-26-2022, 04:04 PM   #222

Quote:

Do you know if the other sprockets have the same spacing measurement as your 42T, like the 44T or higher?

Old 05-27-2022, 12:06 AM   #223

Templar 250X is discontinued. Wayu Zuumva is no longer manufacturing for Powersportsmax. I'm guessing increasing cost had to play a factor. I would like to think there making room for EFI version or 300cc like EGL, Orion, Kayo... These bikes were a bargain there's no way they could last.. Kicking myself I should have bought another one...

Old 05-27-2022, 10:15 AM   #224

Wow! I guess I ordered mine just in time. I checked the website and yup, gone. Only the Templar 250 there now (I like that lime green).

I wonder what color I will get? Must have been slim Pickins when it shipped yesterday. I chose orange first, black second. I will probably get red (but I like that too!)

Last edited by Thumper; 05-29-2022 at 09:00 AM.

Old 05-27-2022, 01:29 PM   #225

Quote:
Wow! I guess I ordered mine just in time. I checked the website and yup, gone. Only the Templar 250 there now (I like that lime green).

I wonder what color I will get? Must have been slim Pickins when it shipped yesterday.
You got lucky. I email my Order on Monday and received a call on Tuesday saying all they could offer me was a Remanufactured bike shipped completely preassembled on a pallet with Xtra wrapping she said. "Remanufactured".. That Could be scary.. Oh well. If your unhappy with yours and your close to Tennessee I'll buy it...