Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2024, 09:58 PM   #1561

I ordered mine Sunday night and it's expected delivery of Wednesday. Faster than Amazon shipping! I'm impressed! Mine shipped out from Texas coming to central Florida.

Of course tomorrow is Valentines day. Got to keep the missus happy . Probably won't get to unpacking it until Thursday, and getting off work early Friday so that I may work on the bike.

Old 02-14-2024, 03:56 PM   #1562

My Templar X got delivered. I'm going to be pretty busy the next few days and so will only have a little time here and there to put it together. I'm going to take apart pretty much everything to make the build as bullet-proof as I can. Honestly so far, I'm impressed. It's a pretty burly unit. The wheel bearings and shells are stout and well finished. The wheelset itself is a little heavy but nothing crazy. The welds that I've inspected on the frame so far look great. The suspension bits are better than I expected. I'm still very early in the build though....

Old 02-14-2024, 05:38 PM   #1563

I'm in the same situation! Bike was delivered today. No shipping damage I saw. Took off all the plastic wrap and zip ties. Looks very well built. Waiting until Friday to start working on it as my Amazon orders still haven't came in yet with all the oils and locktite etc.

Old 02-14-2024, 09:03 PM   #1564

The Templar X looks to be sold out. I snoozed I loozed I guess. What's the difference between the standard Templar and the M ? I am not in a hurry, maybe I will wait for a fresh batch of Xs

Edit: powersportsmax just replied, ETA about 2 months.

Last edited by ctbale; 02-14-2024 at 11:00 PM.

Old 02-15-2024, 09:07 AM   #1565

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctbale View Post
The Templar X looks to be sold out. I snoozed I loozed I guess. What's the difference between the standard Templar and the M ? I am not in a hurry, maybe I will wait for a fresh batch of Xs

It has been my experience that they say "2 months" as a standard and the reality is usually a couple weeks. I would wait for the X as it's adjustable suspension, 6pd, and counterbalanced motor are quite nice especially at this price point.
GasGas TXT 125

Old 02-15-2024, 10:49 AM   #1566

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctbale View Post

That could be my fault. I just ordered one through Powersportsmax on the 13th, they only had blue available. When I was poking around on the site yesterday morning I noticed that they were out of stock.

Old 02-15-2024, 11:41 AM   #1567

Thanks for the replies! In Minnesota so I can definably wait.

I know most of the differences between the regular and the X .......but what is the difference with the M?

You guys have a preference who to buy these from?

Old 02-15-2024, 12:02 PM   #1568

How tall is the templer X vs regular

Hi,

I have been looking at the templers for a while but at 5' 8" (30 inch leg) and 170 I thought the X and M were out of reach. I have heard the base model is on a 9/10 frame and have seen reviews of someone 5'8" getting both feet down.
I read in this thread where someone 5'8" ordered an X and I guess it is working out though he weighed 30lbs more. The photo I have seen of a lowered X via a second hole to lower the shock still had the seat at 34.5".

Also what gas mileage does the X get if used for commuting?

Has anyone tried fitting the 3.3 gallon gas tank from the hawk on to a Templer?

Thanks

Old 02-15-2024, 12:47 PM   #1569

Quote:
Originally Posted by adb1779 View Post
Hi,

I have been looking at the templers for a while but at 5' 8" (30 inch leg) and 170 I thought the X and M were out of reach. I have heard the base model is on a 9/10 frame and have seen reviews of someone 5'8" getting both feet down.
I read in this thread where someone 5'8" ordered an X and I guess it is working out though he weighed 30lbs more. The photo I have seen of a lowered X via a second hole to lower the shock still had the seat at 34.5".

Thanks
Mike Festiva has a YouTube channel and has a great review of the standard Templar and gets into sizing in detail about midway Link:

Old 02-15-2024, 01:53 PM   #1570

Have you tried just going straight through X-Pro?

Old 02-15-2024, 03:16 PM   #1571

Quote:
Originally Posted by adb1779 View Post
Hi,

Thanks

I am 5'8", here's a pic with my X, both feet on the ground (balls of both feet not heels). It's not really an issue as it has a low center of gravity and feels lighter than it is.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20230615_183425.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	1.93 MB
ID:	30829  
GasGas TXT 125

Old 02-15-2024, 03:54 PM   #1572

That's helpful,thank you.

Old 02-15-2024, 04:11 PM   #1573

My Templar X just arrived at noon. The Trucking company didn't call or make arrangements in advance for delivery. I got a call at lunchtime from the driver saying "I'm at your house and no one is here". I work only a few minutes away so could run home and take delivery. Just be aware you may or may not get a call for arrangements. The pallet was in taters but the box and shipping frame were fine.

Old 02-15-2024, 05:16 PM   #1574

I'm glad it worked out. I was worried about something like that happening so I called the local office and literally made an appointment with them as to a window to drop it off.

Old 02-15-2024, 05:17 PM   #1575

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weresquatch View Post
Have you tried just going straight through X-Pro?
I was going to send them an email tonight. Both sites show not available. I hope they dont get discontinued. I really want one. I am a motocrosser from the 1970s and an airplane mechanic and I like to tinker. The bike sounds perfect for my "old self".