Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2016, 11:35 AM   #1

Newbie, Wolverhampton UK

Hi All

Just joined, as I've got a collection of chinese bikes. Not new to riding bikes, with my current collection standing at.

CFMOTO CF650TR(TK)
Royal Enfield 350 Bullet
Mash 400 Roadstar
Skyteam V-Raptor 125 (Which seems to have been commandeered by my brother in law in the summer, but is now 'protecting' my other bikes)

I sometimes go to the Bassets Pole on a Tuesday, usually with said brother in law, and stepson, you're most likely to see me with my Enfield at the Bassets Pole.

Previously, I started off with a Chituma CTM-125, then progrerssed to a Jinlun JL-250, Honda VTX1300, Suzuki GS500, Lifan LF400, Triumph America, Skyteam V-Raptor, Lexmoto Arrow & Yamaha Diversion 600, usually owning at least 3 at any one time !!

Cheers

Tony

Old 01-07-2016, 12:01 PM   #2

Welcome, Tony! Thanks for joining us. We could use a person with Linux experience.

Please show us pics of your bikes.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-07-2016, 01:03 PM   #3

Mash 400 Roadstar you say?! Now that's a new kid on the block! You'd better start talking, mate

Plus:

Old 01-07-2016, 02:26 PM   #4

Hi All

Well, if I can help with anything Linux based, I'll see what I can do :-)

Now then, for pics, I'll pop up pictures of my current bikes ...

The V-Raptor, when it was shiny & new .. Actually still looks pretty good :-)

The Mash 400

My Enfield 350, granted not a chinese bike, but lovely all the same :-)

And finally, my CF650TR

I've had the Mash since July, and absolutely love it, the CF, I've only had for about 3 weeks, and the weather hasn't been overly condusive to taking it out. However, since the photo above, I've put on a radiator guard, paddock stand cotton reel bobbins and a top box.

I'll be fitting a sat nav to it as well, and then hopefully, when the weather improves, I'll put some miles on the clock :-)

Cheers

Tony

Old 01-07-2016, 03:08 PM   #5

Thanks for posting the photos. You have a nice stable of motorcycles.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 01-07-2016, 05:09 PM   #6

Hi All

I've posted a review from my perspective of the Mash 400 in the the mash thread

http://www.chinariders.net/showthrea...533#post202533

There are plenty of reviews of the V-Raptor & CF650 around, but if people want I will write reviews for them as well, although, could do with a little more time on the CF, as I've hardly rode it yet.

Cheers

Tony

Old 01-07-2016, 11:26 PM   #7

Nice fleet there, Tony.

I really like your Enfield, miss having the option of shifting with the right foot, silly legislators. I also never understood why more manufacturers didn't incorporate a neutral finder as RE used.

Old 01-08-2016, 01:37 AM   #8

Hi thanks

Yeah I like my Enfield, it's got character :-) And if you think chinese bikes need plenty of tinkering & tlc, you ain't seen nothing compared to the Enfield.

I have to admit, I do Royal Enfield have missed a trick with the 350, they've made a compliant 500, with what on the face of it looks a fairly simple set of changes, but not the 350, which, being a smaller engine, also drops it into the lower road tax / VED bracket, well, at least it does here in UK & I think Europe.

Still for all it's quirks, i do like it, and I'm happy to say, it doesn't tie in too much with the 'oil' Enfield name !! :-)

Old 01-08-2016, 11:20 AM   #9

The same is true in British Columbia, Canada; a 400cc bike would be much less expensive to insure than a 500.

If you have Linux Mint experience, I'd love to hear about it. I have an old tower that I can play with, so I'm considering Mint as an OS for my workshop PC. Perhaps we could even start a thread on it.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-08-2016, 11:39 AM   #10

Hi there

Mint is probably the most user friendly Linux, I tend to use Fedora, mainly because for work I use use redhat based systems. I did try ubuntu for a while, but fedora is much more familiar to me :-)

I'll help whatever I can though :-)

Last edited by linuxyeti; 01-08-2016 at 12:16 PM.

Old 01-08-2016, 01:16 PM   #11

Nice bikes!

I really like Mint myself, although I've been using Peppermint for most installs recently. Very similar to Mint, but it is geared towards cloud based applications.

After 12ish years with Ubuntu I just cannot migrate to a non-debian distro; I like apt-get too much!

Old 01-09-2016, 03:00 PM   #12

Hi

Yeah, apt is definitely a plus, however, yum wasn't too bad, in the main, and now dnf is even better, think I've just about got used to systemd :-)

Old 01-11-2016, 12:16 AM   #13

I need to learn this language.

Old 03-24-2016, 12:20 PM   #14

Hi All

Oh well, after 5 years, the Skyteam has gone, to a very happy new owner, to be replaced as my manky weather bike by this Zhongshen RX3 (Otherwise known as the Honley Venturer). First off, why has the skyteam gone, my last 125, well, I was keeping it going for 2 reasons, brother in law only has a CBT, and since failing his mod 1 twice, has become disheartened, so, has decided not to renew his cbt. Secondly, I was using the skyteam when the weather was bad, which is was great for, however, it was just too slow to use on the motorway, so, more than doubling my travel to work time :-) So, with no need for a 125 for the brother in law, I decided to get a 250, I nearly got one of these a little over a year ago, but ended up with the Mash.

This one, although I'm the first registered keeper, is not new, as it has been used by a dealership in Glasgow as a demo bike, and it does show, it was quite mucky, and had some damage, such as one of the crash bar welds broken, one of the skid plate mounts snapped, front brake lever scuffed, and some scratched on the crash bar. Anyhow, crash bar weld, and skid plate mounting fixed with some spot welding, the scratches & scuffs tidied with a touch of hammerite satin black, and then just a generally good clean.

The good news is, the bike runs well, and will enable me to use the motorway in the bad weather :-)

Anyhow, here's a couple of pics :-

Old 03-24-2016, 03:01 PM   #15

Your Honley looks great. Thanks for posting the photos.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Tags
cf650, huonaio, lexmoto, mash, skyteam