Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2016, 12:07 PM   #91

that's the hope. Plus I already had it inspected before I went for plates.

Old 06-06-2016, 01:49 PM   #92

maybe it's a big city vs small town thing. I hope it works out for you.

Old 06-06-2016, 10:05 PM   #93

Congratulation Eldric1 ..... Ride smart be safe and have run!

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 06-06-2016, 10:09 PM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
Don't worry folks, the government will take care of you !
I think I'm gonna be sick!

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'
Ronald Reagan
40th president of US

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 07-03-2016, 08:19 AM   #95

I'm looking at getting a Hawk and it looks like it's hit and miss on getting a tag here in NC. I'm right up the road from Sport Rider but in a rural county. Not sure if I want to go through the headache of fighting NC or not. How hard was it to get a SD tag?

Last edited by LunaTech; 07-03-2016 at 09:02 AM.

Old 07-04-2016, 10:25 PM   #96

Mad

Hey lunatech, when I get my title i will sell you mine.

Old 07-05-2016, 03:20 PM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaTech View Post
I'm looking at getting a Hawk and it looks like it's hit and miss on getting a tag here in NC. I'm right up the road from Sport Rider but in a rural county. Not sure if I want to go through the headache of fighting NC or not. How hard was it to get a SD tag?
it's not hard. just takes a little time and $. I posted a link on here to forms, etc that you need in order to send them in. I sent mine 2 day via UPS and included a 2-day return envelope. those cost me $30 each way. if you're willing to wait on mail, it can be cheaper.

Old 07-06-2016, 10:39 PM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaTech View Post
How do I know if my state will allow the hawk 250?

Old 07-07-2016, 08:41 AM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyderc99 View Post
How do I know if my state will allow the hawk 250?
what state are you in? we may have folks on here who have been through it. the alternative is to check with your state DMV.

Old 07-07-2016, 06:07 PM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Rider View Post
what state are you in? we may have folks on here who have been through it. the alternative is to check with your state DMV.
I am in wisconsin. I just want to make sure everything will work.
-Insurance
-Title
-Everything I want it to do
This is going to be my 16 yr old form of transportation . So its not like I can just wing-it with all of this. If one part of this doesnt work im out a few thousand dollars witch is a few years of work.
Thanks!

Old 07-07-2016, 08:15 PM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldric1 View Post
Hey lunatech, when I get my title i will sell you mine.
Why do you want to get rid of yours?

I'm also torn between the Hawk and a Storm. Not sure if a new Storm can still be registered in NC or not. Living in Yadkin Co. I might be able to get either one tagged/titled. I'm looking at getting 2 of what ever I get along with two 125cc dirt bikes for my daughters. Leaning towards the Apollo DB-007 for them. I might even get my oldest daughter (16) a 250cc (instead of the 125) and tag it so she can get her motorcycle endorsement. So looking at possibly 3 that I want to get on the road you all can understand I don't want to get shot down at the NC DMV when I go down there. I only have about $4k to work with so I don't have the $$$ to make a costly mistake on what I order.

Using this page https://www3.epa.gov/otaq/crttst.htm the only 229cc models that I can find on the 2016 Certified Highway Motorcycle Test Result Data XLS are from Cleveland CycleWerks.

Too many of these bikes are sold under different names and my head is spinning trying to make sure what I purchase is legal for highway use here in NC. I'm doing a lot of .

Old 07-08-2016, 07:33 PM   #102

Here is the title. Comes with an extra gas tank and 20 spokes. Sticking with my Triumph.

Old 07-08-2016, 07:35 PM   #103

Pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160708_192911.jpg (96.6 KB, 344 views)

Old 07-09-2016, 02:33 PM   #104

Eldric1, thanks for the offer. I'm currently working with Don over at APSC in TN. He sent me some info to take to the DMV here and see if they would tag/title it. He said it shouldn't be a problem and the problem that most are having is their dealer not sending the correct paperwork to them for the DMV. He assured me with what he sent the DMV should be no problem. If the DMV says it's a go with the info he has sent then I'm ordering 2 Hawks and 2 Apollo DB-37's from him on Monday. I'll let everyone know how it goes at the DMV on Monday.

Old 07-11-2016, 11:00 AM   #105

Well, I just spoke with a gentleman in Raleigh DMV about the Hawk and he said as long as I have the MCO and bill of sale it wouldn't be a problem. Don at APSC said all the paperwork would state motorcycle and not dirt bike. He stated that is one of the biggest problems. He also said that most states will tag/title them WITH the correct paperwork. Guess I'm ordering in a little while and will know for sure when they get here. Gonna get it in writing that if I can't, for some reason, get them tagged/titled then he'll allow a full refund with return freight included. I'll keep everyone posted.....