Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2018, 08:04 PM   #826

All RX3 have the 28mm bar that tapers to 22mm.

So 7/8 wont do it as that is 22mm

Old 12-12-2018, 10:14 AM   #827

Quote:
Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes View Post
All RX3 have the 28mm bar that tapers to 22mm.

So 7/8 wont do it as that is 22mm
If I recollect correctly, only the 2015 had the tapered bars. Didn't they go to regular bars in 2016????

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 12-12-2018, 10:31 AM   #828

Anyone here with a RX3 2016 or above to clarify the handle bar size?
Will a 7/8" riser work for me?

Thanks

Old 12-12-2018, 10:38 AM   #829

My 2016 has tapered bars. The bar is much fatter in the area where it is clamped to the triple tree. The taper is just outboard of the clamp area so it might appear that the bar is a uniform diameter unless you look at the clamp area. CSC only shows one part number for the bars, no change year to year.

Old 12-12-2018, 11:57 AM   #830

Yes, tapered bars on a 2016 here.

Also I find it funny that here I am wanting to move the bars forward and down, rather than back and up.

Old 12-12-2018, 03:05 PM   #831

I looked at mine and yes, on the area where it is clamped it is fatter.
So I guess I should go with the 1 1/8".

Thanks

Old 12-12-2018, 08:00 PM   #832

An RX3 without tapper bars? What do you mean?

I strongly suggest folk kinda don't talk "CSC or years" as there are differences etc and that would confuse the worldwide community.

I had an early 2014, a 2016 and now a mid 2014 all had tapper bars and the later 2 had Tourfella boxes and USB etc - unlike some or CSC or what ever other name/brand or location.

I think trying to categorizes them into CSC or your country etc would just get more confusing rather then stating what it actually has etc (My opinion)

Old 12-12-2018, 08:21 PM   #833

Quote:

I strongly suggest folk kinda don't talk "CSC or years" as there are differences etc and that would confuse the worldwide community.
I respectfully disagree. Each market gets a RX3 variant based on what the importer and Zongshen have agreed to build for that market. It's important to note that a bike is from CSC because that means 17" rear wheel, fuel injection, and probably a few other specs that other markets might not get....like the 300 watt alternator. As an example, if someone starts talking about his RX3 without mentioning that it's in Columbia we waste time talking about FI issues on a carb bike.

Old 12-12-2018, 08:37 PM   #834

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyoungbl View Post
I respectfully disagree. Each market gets a RX3 variant based on what the importer and Zongshen have agreed to build for that market. It's important to note that a bike is from CSC because that means 17" rear wheel, fuel injection, and probably a few other specs that other markets might not get....like the 300 watt alternator. As an example, if someone starts talking about his RX3 without mentioning that it's in Columbia we waste time talking about FI issues on a carb bike.
I respectfully disagree - too many variations, CSC only had 17 inch wheel due to tire availability, all EFI bikes have 300 watt if EFI except the early UK version. China had Tourfella boxes from mid 2014 etc.

BUT let me put it this way - if it involves me and getting you correct parts or advise, knowing the year from a region doesn't help me but confuses me as there are too many mixed options. Hence I suggested not to try and narrow it down to a year for your region.
Here there are small upgrades thru time and these things can be used to upgrade other regions etc.
So for me it isn't helpful cause I know there are sooooo many variation external and engine internal that speaking this way just plain confuses me sorry to say, I always need to check wih the bike it self to see what it actually has fitted.

Example China January 2017 the NC250 was upgraded to a totally new bottom end cases and several mayor changes which must be accounted for to buy several or some parts - I actually need a photo or compare my photo to see what you actually have (I call this new version like they do in China)
So I see things centering from the Chinese market toward other markets etc
Some of my info that I obtained locally relates to production rather then year/model year claimed overseas and this info would change and confuses me as a parts supplier and adviser on certain thing.

I am not saying you can't say CSC 2015 etc but it would leave me out or leave me to possibly give wrong info based on those numbers.

I hope you get my meaning and where it is I am coming from - no disrespect to anyone but rather let you all know the complexity of it all at times so that if I respond to something I am sure I give you the right advise.

So basically be careful what info or advise you use as it may or may not relate to your region bike (if I discuss things with you I would ask for info not based on year or brand etc but directly to what parts by appearance or count it has)

Old 01-21-2019, 11:01 PM   #835

Spot the difference

Modernized look?

Also replaced radiator cap - was pushing fluid out n not sucking it back in causing over fluw
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6832EE44-3D4A-4175-AE66-882547D0B630.jpg (20.3 KB, 241 views)

Old 01-24-2019, 03:55 PM   #836

Hi.... I want yo do they same rimm change in my rx3.... It's the 17" rimm fits good on the rear space? No touch any surface? And... The spokes are the same from the 15" rimm? (Here in México the rx3 comes with 15" rear wheel)...
I can get an 17" alluminum trim... But i don't know for sure if it's gonna fit well... And if i need yo order a diferent size spokes.....
Thanks in advanced.....

Old 01-24-2019, 03:59 PM   #837

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanro View Post
Changed rear rim to 215 x 17
Hi.... I want yo do they same rimm change in my rx3.... It's the 17" rimm fits good on the rear space? No touch any surface? And... The spokes are the same from the 15" rimm? (Here in México the rx3 comes with 15" rear wheel)...
I can get an 17" alluminum trim... But i don't know for sure if it's gonna fit well... And if i need yo order a diferent size spokes.....
Thanks in advanced.....

Old 01-24-2019, 05:47 PM   #838

Quote:
I found this optional windscreen - pic shows the general idea from stock to the bigger screen, higher and a little wider by the looks.

Ok translated better details:

Height is plus 10cm, 15cm, 20cm, 25cm compared to stock.
All are 6cm ish wider compared to stock
Interesting. I was considering getting one of those shields that clamp on to the stock shield but this looks better.

Old 01-24-2019, 07:48 PM   #839

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd1959 View Post
Interesting. I was considering getting one of those shields that clamp on to the stock shield but this looks better.
It is 99% the same shape n size as original clear shield and I think looks a bit better cause you can't see thru to the frame area and blocks out some light to dash area.

I did find some really tall aftermarket shield in China - postage might get a bit complex and expensive tho

Last edited by NzBrakelathes; 01-24-2019 at 08:18 PM.

Old 01-24-2019, 08:17 PM   #840

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachipolis View Post
Thanks in advanced.....
USA version and several other countries get the 17 inch rear wheel.
Jump the boarder and buy a wheel at CSC in the USA maybe
Of course if you want to fit a 17 inch rim to your hub the 15 inch spokes can't work 17 - 15 = 2 inch difference and it takes 2 spokes to make up the diameter.
kinda logical really