Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2022, 10:25 PM   #1

Tall riders — how do you fit the RX3?

I'm 6' 2", and I'm wondering how other tall riders fit on thr RX3. Do your knees hit the crash guards?

I currently have a Lifan X-Pect, but I'd like something with ABS.

Old 05-27-2022, 04:45 AM   #2

I am 6' 1" (have quite long legs though) and my knees do touch the crash guards. However this happens only when riding with a passenger. When riding alone, this is not an issue - I seat a little to the back.

Old 05-27-2022, 09:33 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegolf View Post
I am 6' 1" (have quite long legs though) and my knees do touch the crash guards. However this happens only when riding with a passenger. When riding alone, this is not an issue - I seat a little to the back.
Some reviews said you couldn't scoot back because of the way the seat is dished down. You haven't found that to be the case?

Old 05-27-2022, 06:20 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSSK View Post
Some reviews said you couldn't scoot back because of the way the seat is dished down. You haven't found that to be the case?
Yup, that is true, the front seat raises in the back part of it. However the fabric it is covered with is grippy enough I can comfortably seat just a little more to the back than it was designed for.
That is also why it's not possible with the passenger - when my gf is back there, she pushes me slightly forward so I basically slip down to where I'm supposed to seat - this is where I do touch the crash bars.

BTW there is a Facebook group called Zongshen RX3 & RX4 owners USA or sth similar (not the global one, avoid it - full of spam) and there is an active member who happen to be a really big guy - he commutes some tens of miles daily on his RX3. I think you should ask there and he will definitely help you

Old 05-30-2022, 09:40 AM   #5

Thanks. I'm already a member of that group and I know exactly who you're talking about.

Old 05-30-2022, 03:39 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSSK View Post
Thanks. I'm already a member of that group and I know exactly who you're talking about.
see you around then