Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2021, 11:52 AM   #1

RX3 ECU Remap help.

I need help I want to change the injection map on my rx3 I need to download a bin file. Which i want to send to https://oldskulltuning.com/ they will modify the file they will send me and i will have to upload it it involves a big plan because i want to put big bore kit 84 unfortunately when i try to download the file using elm 327 USB interface V1.5 in HUD ECU HACKER v3.7 i get an error,Is there a step by step procedure on how to do this in hud ecu hacker generally the interface connects and shows parameters, but when trying to download the file an error pops up. can anyone help me.

Old 07-26-2021, 02:44 PM   #2

Today I finally got a Chinese clone of OPEN PORT 2.0 I had problems on win 7, so I tried it on my expensive win 10 computer and it worked The clone worked, but I had further problems because there is a procedure without which it was impossible to download the file, but with combinations I managed and downloaded the bin file Now I will send it to oldschool tuning and we will see what happens next.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mini_IMG_20210726_202318.jpg (121.3 KB, 706 views)
File Type: jpg mini_IMG_20210726_203552.jpg (60.1 KB, 645 views)

Old 07-29-2021, 12:13 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas View Post
Today I finally got a Chinese clone of OPEN PORT 2.0 I had problems on win 7, so I tried it on my expensive win 10 computer and it worked The clone worked, but I had further problems because there is a procedure without which it was impossible to download the file, but with combinations I managed and downloaded the bin file Now I will send it to oldschool tuning and we will see what happens next.
What kind of problems did you have? I have an open port (genuine, I used it to remote tune my mazda) and have been thinking about learning how to ECU tune on the RX4.

Old 07-29-2021, 04:46 AM   #4

I could not download the map it turned out that you have to do it the following way :
1. connect the open port to the USB socket where the driver was installed on another socket on my computer would not connect.
2) I plug open port to the vehicle.
3) I turn the key to the power position, but do not start the vehicle.
I clicked download entire flesh file.
Otherwise it would not download the file only on Fresh connection.

Old 07-29-2021, 05:11 AM   #5

today i received a calibrated bin file for rx3 i paid 30 euro i got the bill now just upload the calibration table but i am not sure how to do it

Old 07-29-2021, 05:32 AM   #6

I have a little problem with uploading
Attached Images
File Type: jpg problem.jpg (194.2 KB, 639 views)

Old 07-29-2021, 10:55 AM   #7

Unfortunately but the problem is that when I download the bin file from my ecu there appears this calibration error seen in the first picture in this post in the description of the HOD ECU HACKER it says that the error will be fixed after uploading the file but this is not happening I have to download the bin file without this error but I don't know how I tried and it always appears this error only the author of the application may know what is going on I could use another method to get the bin file but I would like to download it using the ecu hacker because then any of the forum members can do it themselves.

Old 07-30-2021, 07:03 AM   #8

Try renaming the file, and remove the spaces...some software doesn't work with spaces
2016 AJP PR4
2022 Templar X 250
2021 Sondors Metacycle
AMA Life Member

Old 07-30-2021, 05:26 PM   #9

The version number of the calibration area is invalid,i must wait for HUD ECU Hacker 3.8 will be able to simply enter a new version number before uploading:

Old 08-01-2021, 11:45 AM   #10

A small update the files have been fixed the error was an incorrect version number, At offset 0x5000 is the version number of the calibration area.
You need to open the file in hex editor and enter 8 ASCII characters there. Then you can upload it.( You will also be able to do this in HOD ECU HACKER Ver. 3.8). New map calibration has been uploaded, it is possible that it will be still slightly calibrated, But the most important information I was able to get is a table in which you enter the cylinder capacity and according to it the computer gives the correct dose of fuel, which is key in the change of the cylinder to 84mm 299cc some people have cylinders 82 289cc and they drive on the original map and it is ok because the lambda works and corrects the mixture, but if the lambda probe stops working then the computer can give the mixture from the basic injection map, which is smaller, because it thinks that the cylinder has 249cc I think that owners of cylinders 289cc should think about it for now I continue to work on it, collecting valuable information from the creator of Hod ECU hack and implement them with the help of old school tuning most importantly, that now my RX3 accelerates normally, and not from 6200 Rpm which is a big progress now this map with optimized acceleration needs to be adjusted to 299cc, so theoretically change the value in the table in the picture and we are at home I will keep you posted on further progress.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg version number of the calibration area.jpg (76.8 KB, 572 views)
File Type: jpg adapt the cylinder volume.jpg (95.8 KB, 589 views)

Last edited by Lukas; 08-01-2021 at 01:10 PM.

Old 08-01-2021, 11:55 AM   #11

If someone knows about it and is willing we could make ready calibrations for 77mm, 82mm and 84mm, so that everyone could edit the appropriate calibration tables and make changes themselves I already have a working map but I still need to make some slight corrections to make it safe then you can compare it with the original and you will know what needs to be changed it is not much, and certainly everyone would be pleased that he can finally squeeze power from this engine.

Old 08-01-2021, 12:24 PM   #12

Looking Good!

I'm glad to see that you have stuck with this and made considerable progress in accessing and modifying the RX3's fuel injection mapping.

I don't have a modified NC250 engine to try this out on, though I suspect that even the stock engine could benefit from less EPA mandated leaning of the fuel mixture. GPX sells a dirt bike that uses the NC250 and it is rated at 32 HP, and that is with the stock 77mm piston. I suspect that a properly tuned big bore NC250 would be good for 35-40 HP, though you will probably give up some engine durability to get it. However, considering how low in cost these engines are, that may not be the problem that it seems.

When you get this all dialed in, you might want to post a step by step "How To" for tuning the RX3's fuel injection map for others to follow, listing the exact hardware and software needed, how to use it to edit the necessary fuel injection map parameters, and how to upload it into the ECU.

Out of curiosity, do you know if this would work on the RX4's Delphi ECU? I'm not interested in it so much for more power, as I am in adding more fuel at low speed for less chance of stalling and dropping the bike during tight, slow maneuvers in parking lots and such. If this setup works for the RX4 too, then it could be just the ticket to achieve that.

Old 08-01-2021, 01:03 PM   #13

The easiest way is to open the original map in the first window HOD ECU HACKER and open the tuning map in the second window HOD ECU HACKER after that you need to compare what has been changed in what file and table study these parameters and possibly copy them or improve and only copy, but the second option, that is, improve the settings would require me to additional purchase a book on tuning, because on the internet the information is residual or incorrect I've already done similar things, but in computer game files, not injector maps this whole topic makes me realize that unfortunately I was born a little too late and did not have the opportunity to work with simple computers like atari, or commodore, where you could interact with binary code, if you liked to write simple programs, so I have to learn everything from scratch.When it comes to GPX motorcycles with nc250 engine, the power may be largely due to the gear ratio and whether they are injected or have a carburetor that pours fuel like crazy my goal is to make the injection map optimal and not dictated by the exhaust standards, but at the same time the motorcycle does not smoke more due to the fact because it is not throttled and you have to rev it up to 6000 RPM which basically affects fuel consumption, but you have to remember that it is a 4T engine, not a 2T and a 250 4t will not have the same acceleration as a 250 2T because of the different engine principle which forces the change to a bigger cylinder.

Old 08-01-2021, 02:26 PM   #14

When it comes to RX4, there has always been an option, only no one wanted to invest 30 euro no matter how it looks like I have the map preloaded, the motorcycle runs, and the controller is the same, except that for RX4 you also need to buy an OBD plug, OPEN PORT 2.0, have a laptop with Win 10 with a working battery and modify the map yourself or send a bin file. To Old School Tuning and for 30 euro they will modify the map and the price includes an additional 1 correction such as a stronger overclock, but I do it for myself and at my own risk with the help of the creators of HOD ECU HACKER and Old School Tuning, to whom I am very grateful, and I give you only my progress as a curiosity I can not say whether something is right or not everyone must judge it for themselves.

Old 08-02-2021, 02:44 PM   #15

Would it be possible to send you my ECU and money and have it flashed for 299cc? I don't have the time and energy to figure out how to run all this software, but cash money I have...

Charles.