Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2017, 07:30 AM   #1

Compatible starter clutch Honda 28125-MEY-671

A somewhat common issue with this engine is the failure of the starting clutch. At least here in Argentina. I dont know why but some bikes fail even with very.few km. But I didnt see it reported here, not even once... perhaps our bikes being carburated are harder to start?
Anyway, some guy overthe facebook group reported that this Honda part is a direct replacement, with the original part hard to find, and the supposed higher quality of Honda, its worth taking note.

Old 03-23-2017, 10:02 AM   #2

Maybe lack of grease in the Starter bearings and other parts?

I know Suzuki DR's and some Honda's have had issues with "dry starters"... most owners would just take them apart when they started to get loud... probably fixing the problem just before the starter failed...

Basically properly clean and then grease and lube them... "Adventure OZ" has a good video on the DR650 starter...

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 12-17-2018, 10:02 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanro View Post
A somewhat common issue with this engine is the failure of the starting clutch. At least here in Argentina. I dont know why but some bikes fail even with very.few km. But I didnt see it reported here, not even once... perhaps our bikes being carburated are harder to start?
Anyway, some guy overthe facebook group reported that this Honda part is a direct replacement, with the original part hard to find, and the supposed higher quality of Honda, its worth taking note.
HArd to find?
Easy actually but then again this is an old thread

Old 12-17-2018, 12:02 PM   #4

Tako, hard to find as in "not in every corner moto parts store here in Argentina", wich the Honda equivalent mostly is. I know we can always source parts and accesories from you… but that's half a world away, and import procedures here are know to range from "very hard" to "impossible"

Regards,
Juanro

Old 06-29-2022, 11:26 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrietamanuel10 View Post
Confirmado , clutch de honda rx 250 funciona en rx3,
Good to know, thank you for confirming this part cross reference.