Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2016, 07:30 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron B View Post
CS , just curious. Are they paying shipping both ways? Or do you have to pay shipping back?
I'm not paying anything at all. In fact at this point CSC should pay me for labor. I'm $86/per hour at work.

Old 05-15-2016, 11:20 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce's View Post
I have done some reading on the honda ghost shift and they do cover it under warranty .They even offer an extended warranty .One thing though ,is that the ghost shift can't always be replicated by the dealership ,some of the owners couldn't replicate it for the dealership either ,so not sure if they are going to pull apart a gearbox on an unknown .
You are correct. I read up on it too and I was wrong.

The issue with Honda is out or warranty repair/replacement for what owners feel is a known design flaw that should be covered. Not an apples to apples comparison. My bad.

Old 05-16-2016, 11:20 AM   #33

Bummer about the trans but happy to see CSC is taking care of you. I've read a ton on these and don't see this as a constant issue. To the opposite, most have had great luck with their RX3's from all I've read.

It could be a matter of nothing more than luck of the draw. I've had three Nissan products and all three have been garbage. Quite the opposite of most peoples experience. That doesn't mean that all Nissan's are garbage, just the three I've had.

Again, I'm glad to see that CSC is doing you right. That's far better than any other CB outfit would dream of doing.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 05-16-2016, 07:30 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl096 View Post
CSaddict .... Hate to hear of your tranny problem but CSC responsiveness to this issue is extremely satisfying. Real customer support, after the sale mind you, without the often touted benefit of a local dealer to rip you off... Where are the doom and gloom naysayers now? New business approach using good old fashioned customer support as a cornerstone ...who'd a thunk it! I hope you're up and running soon CS.

This is exactly why I sold my bike after only 9 months and less than 5,00 km of ownership. Not all RX3's are bad or have problems most seem well built. I've had issues in the past with other new bikes and car from time to time but my particular RX3 was a bad one from the day I took delivery.

The first was the bad Carb and six months of goofing with the dealer, the headlight switch, the clutch bushings. With my location and my dealer it makes owning this bike a real annoyance. Buyers here have to deal with Motorstar and the general Philippine business to customer service of which there isn't any customer service. Also the problem with Motorstar not having spare parts on hand.

My bike could be used as a basis for people that say China bikes suck, it could be the "Poster Child" for such a campaign.

I sold mine due to lack of dealer support and parts availability. Yes I can buy parts from Taobao and have done so but I just never got fuzzy wuzzy or bonded with my bike and I'd attribute it to the lack of dealer care with my first issue of the Carb;. It ran so bad from day two and I never became attached.

I've said in many posts that you folks in the US having CSC as a dealer and with excellent C/S are lucky . If I had had that kind of support here from the beginning I'd probably still be riding my RX3. The price is right and the features and accessories make it a good value but for me, if I can't ride it and ride with confidence in the operation of the engine then there is no to little value.

Because of where I live, here in Iloilo, Panay Island, Philippines and having ridden many kilometers/miles and with many friends the Honda TMX or XRM, the Yamaha YBR or Suzuki 125 bikes are IMHO the best (for what I do and where I go). You can get them fixed anywhere way out in the back country. There are little motor bike shops even in some of the most remote places and the TMX clutch plates are interchangeable with the YBR and several others. Clutch and brake cables can be gotten easily and swapped out. You'll see TMX's way out in nowhere land carrying three passengers and the driver going on the roughest roads and river crossings, they amaze me. They aren't fancy and they wont go 140 KPH but you can get it fixed anywhere.
www.medicalmissionmatters.org

Old 05-17-2016, 06:43 AM   #35

The fact that I will lose half my initial investment makes me less interested in selling it. For the little money I'll get back, I'll just keep it. I have other bikes to ride and I'm looking for a dual sport at the moment.

Old 05-17-2016, 10:10 AM   #36

Suzuki DR 350's had some issues with the 5th to 6th gear.
The problem was shift shaft fork spring bolt located behind the clutch cover.
Pretty easy fix once the problem was diagnosed.

Old 05-17-2016, 11:01 AM   #37

RB,

I appreciate and respect your medical mission work, BTW.

You mention the carb. I thought these bikes were EFI?

Old 05-17-2016, 11:31 AM   #38

CSaddict, sorry to hear, it must be annoying.

my 2 cents: i don t expect much. If one reads up on some bikes of interest on thumpertalk and looks at the recommended fixes - with a grain of salt, not everything is gold - , say for any honda 230 or the dr400 in my case, then an idea of what might be good prevention develops. this goes for all the bikes and cars i ve had. they all need TLC. from what i read here the RX3 is great value and CSC sound like an exceptional outfit.

Old 05-17-2016, 11:36 AM   #39

Quote:
It's alot harder for the Chinamen than what it was for the japs when they started out
Japs only had crap to do better than "Brit/yank bikes" was a easy ask.
that puts it into perspective!

Old 05-17-2016, 11:30 PM   #40

Carbs & EFI

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc View Post
RB,

I appreciate and respect your medical mission work, BTW.

You mention the carb. I thought these bikes were EFI?
The bike is built with either EFI or carbs, depending on the country they are going to. Possibly specified by the importer/distributor.

If I understand correctly the carb version is commonly referred to as RS-3.

Old 05-23-2016, 08:40 PM   #41

CS.... I saw your Facebook post and pix of the replacement engine.... Sorry the packaging took a hell of a beating

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 05-23-2016, 09:36 PM   #42

I decided I can swap parts and thats just what I did. The engine is in and running. Sounds good. Ill button it up tomorrow or Wednesday and take it for a ride.

But yes, it was packaged by a child or someone "limited"

Old 05-23-2016, 09:37 PM   #43

Great news !

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 05-23-2016, 09:56 PM   #44

https://www.facebook.com/21030259597...0832162253793/

Old 05-23-2016, 10:15 PM   #45

Oops

Glad you got it clean and up and running

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.