Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2018, 04:14 AM   #16

I was told Warp 9 is "Made in China" I also looked at their site before I made and offered my 19 inch wheel options.

I strongly suspect if Chinese it is made by "Giant" a Taiwanese company and that is what I used (or close to same quality) for my high end front wheel.

19 inch rims in China are few and far between and next to no color options either.
Was talking to a client about wheels and a supplier of rims and who built my wheel - KTM use "Made in China" rims from Giant. (these are hard to get locally and very pricey)

I aim to ship and sell a complete 19 inch (7075 Ali)wheel for this quality USD$275 or the cheaper Ali option (7116 Ali) for $230 - The USA sold is $199 for a complete wheel with a steel rim.

How much did it cost money and time to build those 2 wheel? nice to have a color choice I gotta say!

Here's my wheel option with a bigger brake option

Last edited by NzBrakelathes; 07-18-2019 at 09:49 PM.

Old 10-17-2018, 04:18 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3banger View Post
And here are some of the rear wheel build photos; build photos are always best presented upside down...stupid iPhone orientation EXIF data!

is the rear hub the older style without out the cushdrive part?

Old 10-17-2018, 03:19 PM   #18

I bought my Warp 9 rims when they had a sale. Paid $115 for the front and $169 for the rear. I reused the OEM hubs, spokes & nipples so my total up grade Cost was $284 plus all of the fun build labor. Rear hub is the cush-drive style CSC originally spec-Ed on the RX3. I’ve done some decently rough stuff with these wheels and spoke tension is stying nice and tight.

Performance improvement is minimal, in theory the best place to save weight is in rotating parts. The bling factor and enjoying the process where also part of the value for me.

Old 10-17-2018, 10:19 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3banger View Post
I bought my Warp 9 rims when they had a sale. Paid $115 for the front and $169 for the rear. I reused the OEM hubs, spokes & nipples so my total up grade Cost was $284 plus all of the fun build labor. Rear hub is the cush-drive style CSC originally spec-Ed on the RX3. I’ve done some decently rough stuff with these wheels and spoke tension is stying nice and tight.

Performance improvement is minimal, in theory the best place to save weight is in rotating parts. The bling factor and enjoying the process where also part of the value for me.
That is good going to be very fair, I do like the colored wheels as well.

Old 10-17-2018, 10:58 PM   #20

I just want wider rims more appropriate for street tires. Stock widths are perfect for more aggressive tires for dirt. I'd like to have two complete wheel sets so just swapping wheels, brake pads, and final drives will change the bike from knobbies to street with appropriate final drive ratios. Therefore, I need the additional hubs and spokes. Funny thing is, I can buy wheels from CSC ($325) with all the little parts cheaper than buying all but the rims separately. Since the stock spokes will fit the wider rims, might just do that. Who knows? Too many projects going on right now to think about it.

Old 05-25-2022, 01:09 PM   #21

Was asked in a PM how the Warp 9 rims are holding up; and the answer is very well! Almost 10k on the rims which is not a lot in 4 years but a good number of rides involve playing on some moderately chunk off road stuff.

Had a flat on a remote CO dirt pass last year and all of my field fixes failed since I had already shredded the tube by time I realized I was flat! Ended up having to ride 20+ miles on the flat tire. Rim held up like a champ.

Also some ride video from a summer trip to Betty Bear hut. Flats below are not from this ride. They were the result of a nail on a dirt road.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg D206192D-D24E-4615-960B-516CFE7EB71B.jpeg (169.0 KB, 74 views)
File Type: jpeg 8534B630-2DE4-4070-88E6-EE8056902AD6.jpeg (160.4 KB, 71 views)