Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2017, 01:17 PM   #166

Quote:
Originally Posted by Border411 View Post
Really nice pictures! I went to my DMV... And they said they had no idea how to make it street legal. They advised me to call DMV in Richmond to ask how to do it. Typical DMV!
There is a cardinal rule in dealing with buroughcrats 'Never ask a question unless you already know the answer, and it is favorable to you'. ...ARH

Old 08-06-2017, 05:06 PM   #167

Add Top Speed info from other thread to keep it all in one place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post

What is the top gps recorded speed that you have achieved, or have you tried?

Now that I have a way to safely do so; with stock 13/51 gearing the Pitster Pro LXR250 EFI has a top speed of 76 mph on a hot day at 4900ft asl. Temperature was about 98 F most of the time. Too hot for me.

I'd wager that it would eek out a few more mph on a cooler day or lower altitude, but it was near the rev limiter.

Old 08-06-2017, 05:06 PM   #168

15 tooth sprocket results

Tried out my 15t front sprocket today. This is the sprocket you want for making this bike a good all-arounder. It still has good take off power, but cruises at 45-65mph so much better than the 13/51 stock setup. No doubt one could ride all day at 65mph with no issues.

I ran down to the interstate by my house to see how much the 15t sprocket helped top end speed. Here's the stats: 260lb rider, 15/51, altitude 4900 or so, 86-88F temp, top speed attained was 79 mph. Going the other way there was a stiff headwind and the best I could do was 76 mph. No doubt a smaller rider could hit 80+.

Sprockets are the same as a Suzuki DRZ400. PBI 650 series is my preference. I have a 650-15 and a 650-12 now. The 15 fits with no clearance issues except a small piece of plastic from the chain wear guard that needs to be trimmed off:

This is probably the fastest I will ever ride this bike. It handles well on concrete freeway with lines in it, but this is not what the bike was built for. The less slab I ride the better, plus I prefer 60 mph cruising speeds. More than 60 is just too much wind, noise and vibration.

Vibration at speed is a concern. The bars do vibrate more than I like. Is it possible that it may calm down as it breaks in??

Old 08-06-2017, 05:14 PM   #169

Next up...

I just swapped out to a 12 tooth front sprocket and will take it out for a test in a few hours when it cools off.

This is the sprocket I plan to use for the next few thousand miles. I am planning a trip that will be linking together some of the most difficult and remote trails and single track I have ever done. (1450+ miles total )

It will be a big test for the Pitster and for my old bod. I promise to post more details when we get closer to launch.

Love PBI quality:

Old 08-07-2017, 01:32 AM   #170

Yes , best to get the trip done asap...while your both still young

Valves...sorted!

Voyager...niceand big fonts
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 08-07-2017, 01:21 PM   #171

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChondaChondaChonda View Post
I just swapped out to a 12 tooth front sprocket and will take it out for a test in a few hours when it cools off.

This is the sprocket I plan to use for the next few thousand miles. I am planning a trip that will be linking together some of the most difficult and remote trails and single track I have ever done. (1450+ miles total )

It will be a big test for the Pitster and for my old bod. I promise to post more details when we get closer to launch.

Love PBI quality:
Very cool. I'll be watching for that with great interest. Have been very interested in this bike as well as the air cooled XTR so it will be interesting to see how the bike does on a long trip like that.

Old 08-07-2017, 03:14 PM   #172

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
Yes , best to get the trip done asap...while your both still young

Valves...sorted!

Voyager...niceand big fonts

Well, *ONE* of us is still young. But ain't this meatsack. If I survive at all it will be a miracle. I'm not too worried about the youngster(Pitster) making it.

Old 08-07-2017, 03:19 PM   #173

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUTERLIMITS View Post
Very cool. I'll be watching for that with great interest. Have been very interested in this bike as well as the air cooled XTR so it will be interesting to see how the bike does on a long trip like that.

I'm very excited. Just spent countless hours going over routes, some of which will change due to fires. Still need to tie up a few loose ends on the bike. Trip starts August 31st so there is still time.

I took the right side radiator into Mylers Radiator repair today to get the Trail Tech temperature sensor installed. Unfortunately the LXR250 doesn't have a 6mm threaded port like some bikes come with. It also needs a little straightening from a crash early on when the stock tank offered no protection.

Old 08-07-2017, 09:29 PM   #174

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChondaChondaChonda View Post

I'm very excited. Just spent countless hours going over routes, some of which will change due to fires. Still need to tie up a few loose ends on the bike. Trip starts August 31st so there is still time.

I took the right side radiator into Mylers Radiator repair today to get the Trail Tech temperature sensor installed. Unfortunately the LXR250 doesn't have a 6mm threaded port like some bikes come with. It also needs a little straightening from a crash early on when the stock tank offered no protection.
Doing the routes is very fun, I love that stuff. I'm hoping to do a giant loop type of ride with my son one of these days, but still trying to figure out the best bikes to use. Are you planning to camp along the way or do overnighters at a motel?

Old 08-07-2017, 11:01 PM   #175

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUTERLIMITS View Post
Doing the routes is very fun, I love that stuff. I'm hoping to do a giant loop type of ride with my son one of these days, but still trying to figure out the best bikes to use. Are you planning to camp along the way or do overnighters at a motel?
Should be a decent mix of both. Not making reservations past the first few days, so there might be some forced camp nights. We did a loop last year called the Utah 670 and it was a blast. 670 miles of everything from forests to what looks like the surface of mars. (We actually went by the NASA mars training facility.)

Make it or break it; it is always an adventure! Our goal for every trip is simple; try not to get shot at!

Old 08-15-2017, 09:29 PM   #176

Helluva weekend!!!

Rode all morning to the end of legal moto trail ending up on a pass at 9600 ft overlooking Alta Ski resort.

This sign marks the end of moto trail, but Mtn bikers and hikers can keep going.

Lots of this:

And some sidehills of great concern like this:

Old 08-15-2017, 09:32 PM   #177

Whacked my chain guard on a rock. I was running the chain a little loose and found myself having to stop and make a quick repair. Made a hasty retreat and headed home to avoid further issues.

Old 08-15-2017, 09:49 PM   #178

Monday ride! Did I mention it was a long weekend??

We decided to ride Provo Loop, which is one of the toughest single track rides in the state (aside from the Aptly named 5-miles of Hell).

Not a ton of pictures because most of the time it was all I could do to keep my bike on the narrow rocky goat trail that almost constantly had a several thousand foot drop off awaiting if mistakes were made. Very tiring. Over 9800 ft elevation at one point going over Cascade Saddle.

My buddies awesome XR hybrid.

I wish all trails were marked this well:

Spectacular trail. I'm so sore today I almost can't function. Words cannot do this trail justice. The sheer danger, huge drops, log sawing, trail repair and mostly 1st gear toughness of this trail are epic. Big thanks to my riding partner, without whom I would probably still be out there trying to get over some roots or down some cliff face.

The Pitster never missed a beat. Ran perfectly all day, even after I abused it hard. They run great completely upside down and won't die. It also did the coolest whiskey throttle flip you'll never see. from 6000 ft to 9800 foot mark the motor was excellent.

Old 08-16-2017, 06:51 AM   #179

Wanted to try a little video. Nothing too exciting, just a shakedown run on a new little cam Amazon has for $34. (Wosport)

Old 08-16-2017, 08:26 PM   #180

That looks like a great camera for the money. Nice riding you have up there too.

Tags
efi, fuel injection, lxr250, pitster