Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2021, 10:30 AM   #1

Kayo T4

Who on here owns one? I know most of the tech stuff, and feel pretty comfortable dropping my hard earned dimes on one. My inquiry is mainly about owner experiences, what to look for, etc.... It'll never be used to it's full potential from me, and probably will have a home with me for years. It will also remain stock, with exception of very minor tweaks for reliabilty, comfort. Powertrain will be left stock as well..... Let me know your thoughts. Thanks in advance!!

Old 06-24-2021, 09:12 AM   #2

I don't think too many people if any here own the KAYO ,it is on the higher cost end of Chinese offerings as is the GPX and this site normally runs more towards the lower end offerings .That said, this link will take you to the RXB 250 FaceBook Group and you can get to Joe Henner MotorSports from there, both of which offer a wealth of info on the KAYO T4 , T6, etc.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/570367237200442
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 07-06-2021, 10:42 AM   #3

I have a 2021 T4. Just got it a few weeks ago. I will be posting up a thread on my experiences soon. It is a good bike so far. It comes with a nice Nibbi Carb. I hear that all the bikes are jetted low for California Emission compliance. My bike was re jetted at the dealer because they just check all new bikes they get in with an exhaust analyzer. Lucky for me!
The pipe is good for unrestricted flow and sounds mean! There is no spark arrestor though, and it looks like no baffles either. Just an open pit inside. With the rejetting, the bike is a fire cracker! Quick and responsive on the throttle.

Biggest issue, the rims suck! They have a rim lock and no balancing from the MFG. When I got my bike, it bounced and shook really bad above 40 MPH. Above 40 and you are ratting teeth and blurring your vision. I had the tire balanced and it is so much better! Not perfect though. I think if you changed out the Rim and tire, it would solve the problem. The book recommends tightening the spokes on the bike "especially when new". They needed it and that probably contributued to the head shake as well.

I am very impressed with the offroad performance!

Old 11-09-2021, 07:18 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
I have a 2021 T4. Just got it a few weeks ago. I will be posting up a thread on my experiences soon. It is a good bike so far. It comes with a nice Nibbi Carb. I hear that all the bikes are jetted low for California Emission compliance. My bike was re jetted at the dealer because they just check all new bikes they get in with an exhaust analyzer. Lucky for me!
The pipe is good for unrestricted flow and sounds mean! There is no spark arrestor though, and it looks like no baffles either. Just an open pit inside. With the rejetting, the bike is a fire cracker! Quick and responsive on the throttle.

Biggest issue, the rims suck! They have a rim lock and no balancing from the MFG. When I got my bike, it bounced and shook really bad above 40 MPH. Above 40 and you are ratting teeth and blurring your vision. I had the tire balanced and it is so much better! Not perfect though. I think if you changed out the Rim and tire, it would solve the problem. The book recommends tightening the spokes on the bike "especially when new". They needed it and that probably contributued to the head shake as well.

I am very impressed with the offroad performance!
I asked this question in your Kayo T4 review post, but i'll ask it here, in case you did not see it; What jets did you have installed to rejet the T4? I want to dial my jetting in. What needle clip position did you set the carb to? I think the need clip needs to be lowered (raising the needle) from where I have it in the stock position.

Old 11-10-2021, 03:40 PM   #5

Hey Jack, sorry for the delay in response. I did not jet my own carb and have never done the job. The dealership did mine before I bought the bike. There is a guy on YouTube that jetted his and posted the size of jets he used. It's the "Practice Lap" video. Judging from the video looks like he got it right. I will post up the numbers here when I get a chance.

Old 11-11-2021, 08:58 AM   #6

He used a 130/42 ratio on the jets and opened up the airbox a bit. I drilled some 1/4" holes in my airbox cover on the air scoop part. I drilled out 2 on each side and found a little performance increase there. Let me know what you wind up using for your jets.

Old 11-12-2021, 12:46 PM   #7

Quote:
He used a 130/42 ratio on the jets and opened up the airbox a bit. I drilled some 1/4" holes in my airbox cover on the air scoop part. I drilled out 2 on each side and found a little performance increase there. Let me know what you wind up using for your jets.
Thank you for letting me know. I installed a 130 main and 45 pilot. I will try it out this weekend and see if i like how it works. I am half expecting to need to go higher on the main jet. We will see if it keeps backfiring and bogging out when i snap the throttle.

I removed the airbox snorkel underneath the seat, but have not drilled holes. It has been running lean, so i do not expect air is going to be a problem. It is also super cold (upper 30's low 40's) so the air is quite dense (all of which is to say i am not worried about the bike starving for air).

I will update when i have tested the setup and maybe changed it.

Old 11-12-2021, 01:03 PM   #8

What's the mixture screw set at??? I've had a few bikes where all I needed to do to get it to act right was reset the mixture screw and move the needle clip.....they were 150's though.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 11-29-2021, 11:09 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
What's the mixture screw set at??? I've had a few bikes where all I needed to do to get it to act right was reset the mixture screw and move the needle clip.....they were 150's though.
I honestly do not know the air screw setting. I didn't mess with that. I also haven't moved the needle clip, yet. I suspect it needs to go up at least one clip position, if not two even. The richer jets fixed the lean back firing when letting off the throttle from high RPMs, but it still isn't quite as snappy as i would like when throttling from idle.

Old 11-30-2021, 12:16 PM   #10

I am not sure if it will ever be really snappy with quick throttle inputs due to the carb type. My bike hesitates but it is way worse when it is cold. Once warmed up and out on the trails, I don't notice it. I am a hard and fast shifter out there too. Your carb may need more adjustment. I think if we traded out the carb for a higher performance racing carb, it would be problem solved. May be a project for the future.

Old 11-30-2021, 03:13 PM   #11

Quote:
I am not sure if it will ever be really snappy with quick throttle inputs due to the carb type. My bike hesitates but it is way worse when it is cold. Once warmed up and out on the trails, I don't notice it. I am a hard and fast shifter out there too. Your carb may need more adjustment. I think if we traded out the carb for a higher performance racing carb, it would be problem solved. May be a project for the future.
When my t4 warms up, it performs way better, just like yours. I agree, it is limited by the type of carb. I will tinker with the tuning a bit to see if i can improve its performance.

Does anyone know if there is a manual for adjustment of this particular carb? Nibbi PE28? I could not find one, and the Kayo T4 owner's manual is not very helpful.

Old 11-30-2021, 03:57 PM   #12

NIBBI calls their carburetor "racing" and many think it the Cats meow. Its a copy of a Kehien PE28 so you can find info on that by searching on line but it adjusts just like any other carb, pilot jet/pilot screw, needle clip position, main jet. There is some info on the forum for PE30 tuning which is the same thing only larger. You can adjust that info for the PE28 which should not be to far away. As far as those comments about snappy throttle they have very good to great throttle response when properly adjusted. Were the valves adjusted on those bikes by the dealer? If you take it apart, see if it has a J6ZG stamped on the slide needle?

Old 06-10-2022, 12:51 PM   #13

Anyone know what brake pads (equivalent Japanese bike) work for the Kayo T4?

I want an upgraded and far more aggressive pad from the stock, because I ride it primarily on the street (now that I have a Honda CR250 for my off roading purposes).

(I did post this in another spot - so this is a copied post on purpose - i just want to make sure anyone who might know something might be able to see it)