Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2014, 05:54 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhitsonjr View Post
The spec is 0.7mm.... I had my plug gaped to 0.3mm...
Stock Honda uses DPR6EA-9 (0.9mm gap) http://www.ride-inc.net/file/32/data.pdf

Old 05-12-2014, 12:03 PM   #17

Try partially blocking off the intake and see if it revs. I think you need to install a filter.

Old 05-13-2014, 11:20 AM   #18

Will do katoranger.... Messing with the carb last night. Followed the instructions of a rich on video over at scooter doc forum and cleaned the carb out. Was surprisingly clean. Also tried my had at the A/F screw yesterday with no luck on getting it to rev without it bogging down. I have a new CDI coming today don't thing that will change anything but I'm gonna try. Also thanks to you humanbeing for that part # I picked up 2 today and see if I get better luck with those rather than the champion that was in it when I got it. For my particular scooter.... Which carb part # or type/size do I look for? Thinking about getting a new one and most stock carbs all look the same with some diff's. I don't see any one that looks like mine! Any help would be really appreciated!

Old 05-13-2014, 11:27 AM   #19

Here is a shot I took last night. Just curious what connects to the upper left port just under the top diaphragm cover. There was nothing connected to it. Also there was a tube coming off of the top of my fuel spout and it runs to the middle of the back under the engine. Nothing hooked up to that either? Help!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20140512_225341_659.jpg (92.3 KB, 536 views)

Old 05-13-2014, 02:43 PM   #20

You might be missing a vacuum line. That might be your problem. The petcocks have a vacuum shutoff.

Old 05-13-2014, 02:47 PM   #21

Take a look at the section "Bike not running past 3/4 throttle". Also I have contacted Mo before and he has been very helpful. He can probably help with the vacuum lines.

http://www.scrappydogscooters.com/Te..._with_Mo_.html

Old 05-13-2014, 04:06 PM   #22

I've contact Mo about what's going on. Kinda short on his answers. Hasn't really helped me much. He just told me to clean the carb. Based on what I told him I was just starting at the beginning. I'm prob going to send him this thread and let him tell me what he thinks. That section pertaining to 3/4 throttle keeps pointing me back to what most have said is that I need to hook an air filter and then go from there. Elaborate if you will katoranger on the "petcocks have a vacuum shutoff." Not sure how that part works. Thanks!

Old 05-14-2014, 12:31 PM   #23

The vacuum petcock I know is found on the 50cc scooters. Scroll down on this page.
http://www.scrappydogscooters.com/Re...ent_Parts.html

You may also have a fuel pump that is vacuum operated. It would be on this page.
http://www.scrappydogscooters.com/CF...led_parts.html

Old 05-14-2014, 12:33 PM   #24

Here is a bit of info.
http://scootdawg.proboards.com/threa...m-tube-diagram

Old 05-14-2014, 12:35 PM   #25

This pic I found on google may help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC03915.JPG (86.6 KB, 1602 views)

Old 05-14-2014, 01:52 PM   #26

Super helpful info here kat! I really appreciate you taking the time to google that for me. I'm sure I can make some useful info out of all the reading. One thing I noticed last night was this fitting must have some kind of air line vacuum or not because last night out of curiosity I decided to attached a hose to it and nothing happened. Now when I put suction on the line the engine died..... When I blew in the line the engine died!?! Not sure what that means. From what I've been hearing is that it just requires a angle hose line to be connected. This is according to Mo! When I sent him a picture..... So I'm kinda still where I started. I know I really can't start to trouble shoot until I get an air box on it. Now with that being said I tried to block off of the intake last night and I really didn't have much change as I expected.... Back to the A/F mix screw. Does anyone know were the factory starting point is? I read all the way in and 2 and 1/2 turns out??? I will admit that the carb is very responsive when adjusting this screw in terms of the idle and revs. That tells me that the carb is pretty much working like it should!

Old 05-14-2014, 03:58 PM   #27

I don't know all the answers, but I saw that image when I typed in Roketa 250 scooter vacuum.

Old 05-17-2014, 01:39 AM   #28

I've kinda got it narrowed down. Something that will be a real big help to me will be if I can get some input on what a scooter will act like when...... The fuel pump isn't doing it's job?............. The scooter is too rich?.............. The scooter is too lean?............... Up to this point I really can't narrow the bogging down issue until I hook it up an air box. It's on it's way..... Some insight in the mean time would really be helpful! I've wanted to give up a couple of times, But yet here I am..... Still trucking along. I know most of you have felt this way before. Thanks for your help thus far.... Without it I would be no where. Even though that's how I feel now :(

Old 05-17-2014, 07:48 AM   #29

Does it start easily? What does the plug look like. These have an automatic choke. It may be that it is staying on?

Old 05-17-2014, 10:39 AM   #30

Well.... It's pretty hard to start in the morning. It makes me think of the gas not staying stored in the line like maybe an air leak (in the line or fuel pump or carb) Although after my adjustments last night it might start right up. That gets me thinking about the choke staying on. I'm tempted to just purchase a new carb. I've found my exact one on ebay..... Well someone pointed me in the right direction. Also..... After all this time something dawned on me and I have a Yamaha clone not a honda! Is this bad? I may have been misinformed all this time.... I decided to snoop around in the Jonway parts since seeing on the headlights last night it had YY250T on them.... ??? What was I thinking? Maybe it is a Jonway after all... Although all Roketa parts match up perfectly. Seeing as they are the same company? Looking to get some clarification on this!!! Thanks guys!