Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2017, 08:26 AM   #1

Grandsons first quad.

I picked up a used 4 wheeler for the grandson. I can't seem to find much along the lines of ID on the bike, but it appears to be a Gio 50cc? It's pretty clean and solid. So far all I've found is worn a-arm bushings on the one side, a busted headlight and a cracked plastic that surrounds the headlight (which is harder to find than I expected)

Anything I need to be aware of with these? I have a couple Chinese mini bikes, so I am somewhat familiar with the "one size fits all" for most of the parts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170921_184432.jpg (101.1 KB, 152 views)

Old 09-22-2017, 11:06 AM   #2

The engine is bullet proof. Sounds like you already know about everything else. Be ready to repair or fab any needed parts. As you say all of this China stuff is pretty much universal. You just have to keep looking until you find the parts that fit your application.

Get us some pics of the kid with a big smile on his face.

/

Old 09-22-2017, 01:03 PM   #3

Gio problems

On the gio atvs,, the rear swingarm bushing wear out easy... you have to remove the whole swingarm ... shock, wheels axle.. from the frame... remove small bushings,,, drill out rubber .. and the die-grind the outer metal sleeve to the swing arm... GIO does not make the bushing anymore.... you have to buy some or use the polymore plastic rods to make new one.. if you message me I can tell you more... the same as the front end on them,... poor rubber bushing system.. otherwise... the same stuff as t he other brands.. enjoy... use 10-40...15-45 oil... preminum fuel and see my post how to adjust chain properly and have fun...