Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2020, 07:00 AM   #106

Latest update from wholesaleATV.com.

For Tao, last time they said they had heard Rhino 250s would be coming in. Now they're saying Rhino 250 and Raptor 200s. No ETA, only that hey heard they were coming in.

==================

****UPDATE****
Here is a list of what we know right now for products coming in and shipping out. We are and have been shipping out several hundred orders a week. Please be patient as we can only fill them as the containers arrive and are allocated to each dealer nationwide, then they are allocated to customers orders in line and there are several thousand orders dating all the way back to April depending on the model that we are currently filling.

*KYMCO Units - sold out until 2021s come in except for a few UTVs we have on the showroom floor.

**CFMOTO Units - sold out until 2021s come in sometime in late September or October except for a few UTVs we have on the showroom floor.

*Tao Tao - Many units have started coming in and we are only allocated a few at a time but we are constantly working through the lists on those and we are getting through the line fairly quickly on those. Tao Adult go karts will not be arriving again unitl 2021. We have heard that the Rhino 250s and Raptor 200s are coming any day but have not been contacted that they are ready to ship as of yet.

* Dongfang Units we still have no direct ETA on any products should be end of month or September.

*Apollo Dirtbikes have started arriving and we are currently working through the lists and getting them shipped out in the orders placed. Apollo atvs are arriving soon.

*Vitacci units are starting to arrive. . Vitacci scooters should be arriving the end of the month or September.

*Holeshots we are working on shipping out another 200 between this week and next.

*Icebear Scooters we have been shipping many of the models in the order received except for 50cc's they have not yet arrived to ship. .

Trailmaster - Units are starting to arrive but we will not be taking anymore go kart or scooter orders for Trailmaster for the remainder of the year.

ACE - Ace vehicles have been continuing to arrive and are being filled in the order recieved.

Massimo/Bennche - inventory changes by the minute, except for the MB200's which are currently in stock, please call to check status of inventory on those specific units.

==================

Old 08-24-2020, 01:17 PM   #107

*Tao Tao - Many units have started coming in and we are only allocated a few at a time but we are constantly working through the lists on those and we are getting through the line fairly quickly on those. Tao Adult go karts will not be arriving again unitl 2021. We have heard that the Rhino 250s and Raptor 200s are coming any day but have not been contacted that they are ready to ship as of yet.

I kind of doubt Hellcats are part of the "many units". Still not a peep about them anywhere. Sounds like my info was right concerning dealer allocation. Thousands of pre-orders back to April and each dealer only being given a few at a time is not encouraging to say the least.

Plus, I just read about a new Boom Vader having bad wheel bearings and soft axles after only couple hundred miles. Been concerned about faster production equaling poor quality parts and little to no QC at this point.

All this combined with what I think will soon be a rush of refund requests tells me it would probably be wise to get out now.

Last edited by dgl57; 08-25-2020 at 11:20 AM.

Old 08-26-2020, 11:35 AM   #108

Today's email reply looking for a new timeline/ETA:

Q9 Service
10:19 AM (1 hour ago)
to me

Good morning Jason,

We are still receiving our first pre-order shipments and we are working as quickly as we can to fill all pre-orders. At this time, we expect to fill our remaining pre-orders between late September and mid-October.

We understand this timeline has changed a bit, and for that we certainly do apologize; COVID-19 has disrupted our operations severely, and we, along with customs operations and our suppliers, are working with our limited resources to the best of our ability to fulfill each and every order in as timely a manner as possible.

Once your order is ready for shipment, we will call you to make you aware and we will provide tracking information so you will know more specifically when you can expect to receive your order. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide a more specific estimate at this time due to the volume of shipments being received and the fact that we are operating with extremely limited staff.

If you’d prefer to cancel the order rather than wait for it to arrive, please let us know and we can do that for you; refunds typically post in 5-10 business days.

Thank you so much for your patience and understanding, and have a wonderful day.

Old 08-26-2020, 12:04 PM   #109

Translation:
"We have no idea what's going on, but we hope to have something eventually. We appreciate you allowing us to continue to earn interest on your money while we give you vague timelines."

(and yes, I'm THAT cynical.)

g.

Old 08-26-2020, 12:50 PM   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by f15sim View Post
Translation:
"We have no idea what's going on, but we hope to have something eventually. We appreciate you allowing us to continue to earn interest on your money while we give you vague timelines."

(and yes, I'm THAT cynical.)

g.
Well, you're not wrong.

Personally, if it secures my spot to get a Hellcat this year or early next, I'm OK with them "holding onto my money" for me... if they earn interest on it while it's in their bank account, in escrow essentially, whatever. Matters not to me so long as I receive my motorcycle.

Honestly, we're all being a bit impatient considering the circumstances. We can be pissed and upset over the lack of clear or correct communication for sure; but in terms of the time it is taking, clearly no one here has ever commissioned a handmade, custom knife, firearm, or anything one-off when the maker is in high demand.

It is nothing in the custom knife world to wait 6 months to 5 years for a commissioned piece, and admittedly, many bladesmiths aren't much better with their timelines than Q9 or other motorsports dealers are being.

One knife maker had a 6 year waiting list... then he up and died. That's going to be a long long wait....

Old 08-26-2020, 06:43 PM   #111

My problem is not impatience. My problem is in fact the so called "communication". Q9 for one has been saying for months that there are containers coming in every week and we are filling orders. That is not being honest. There have not been any Hellcats delivered anywhere.

They and other dealers have been playing fast and loose with the truth to keep people's money and saying whatever to not stir up massive refunds. That is not right. Customers have paid in full and have a right to know what is really going on. Not dishonesty and/or half truths so people do not cancel their orders. Supposedly they have 1000s of pre-orders which means they are sitting on hundreds of 1000s of customer's money.

Now they changed the wording slightly to say they are just now getting units and shipping?? But don't expect deliveries until maybe October?? What??

I will be on the phone tomorrow. I'm out. I will get a used Rebel in the spring for 1500-2000.

Old 08-26-2020, 07:06 PM   #112

And that is a completely valid reason to be pissed. But I do see it here, on the Reddit and FB groups many people who are simply impatient and wondering why they can't get their China bike delivered to their house in 2 days or less (exaggerating, of course).

But in saying containers are coming in every week, that's probably true, just that there are no Hellcats on them. And they've always offered a refund processed within 5-10 days every time.

I've emailed and asked all these same questions to half a dozen other dealers as well, besides Q9, dealers that I have no orders with (but I did not tell them that), and they are all saying the things the same way, the same number of times.

This BS communication thing is not unique apparently.

Old 08-26-2020, 07:54 PM   #113

I knew it was going to be a wait. If they were actually shipping anything all these months their customers and they themselves would be letting folks know about it. Be it Hellcats or whatever.

My questions to them were specifically about my Hellcat order and I was told several times containers are coming in weekly and units are being shipped. I was obviously given hazy answers to string me along and to avoid a refund request. Not cool. Maybe not even legal...in my opinion.

I realize dealers are in a tough spot but you still should be upfront. Guess I just see "BS communication" as dishonestly at this point. I don't run my biz that way. I tell people the real scoop and leave it up to them.

Old 08-26-2020, 08:17 PM   #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgl57 View Post
I knew it was going to be a wait. If they were actually shipping anything all these months their customers and they themselves would be letting folks know about it. Be it Hellcats or whatever.

My questions to them were specifically about my Hellcat order and I was told several times containers are coming in weekly and units are being shipped. I was obviously given hazy answers to string me along and to avoid a refund request. Not cool. Maybe not even legal...in my opinion.

I realize dealers are in a tough spot but you still should be upfront. Guess I just see "BS communication" as dishonestly at this point. I don't run my biz that way. I tell people the real scoop and leave it up to them.
Yeah you make good points. To say that it is irritating is an understatement.

I wonder if the people who may or may not be receiving their Hellcats (I'm not convinced anyone is either) are people who are not members on any msg forum, or social media groups. I mean, not every Grom clone owner is on Chinariders.net.

But realistically, I think all these dealers are tired of us calling and emailing, and I do think we are getting strung along with the timelines and fed lines of bullcrap to just placate us for the time being.

I got the same from txpowersports about my Hawk, wasn't sure it would ever show up until it actually pulled up to my driveway.

Old 08-27-2020, 12:47 PM   #115

Got my update from Pete @ Kronik. He got the shipment in the day before yesterday, was supposed to go get them yesterday, so they should be shipping any time now (Hopefully today). He did say he had some more in stock that were with this one so if you're looking for a Grom clone for 1400 shipped, they are a good one to grab one from right now. Super nice guy.

Old 08-28-2020, 05:22 PM   #116

Quote:
My problem is not impatience. My problem is in fact the so called "communication". Q9 for one has been saying for months that there are containers coming in every week and we are filling orders. That is not being honest. There have not been any Hellcats delivered anywhere.

They and other dealers have been playing fast and loose with the truth to keep people's money and saying whatever to not stir up massive refunds. That is not right. Customers have paid in full and have a right to know what is really going on. Not dishonesty and/or half truths so people do not cancel their orders. Supposedly they have 1000s of pre-orders which means they are sitting on hundreds of 1000s of customer's money.

Now they changed the wording slightly to say they are just now getting units and shipping?? But don't expect deliveries until maybe October?? What??

I will be on the phone tomorrow. I'm out. I will get a used Rebel in the spring for 1500-2000.
They haven't just been saying they've got containers coming in weekly. They've been giving timeframes and implied that there were containers just waiting at the Port, waiting for customs clearance. Then flat out told me months ago they had containers waiting to clear customs for weeks... which later I found was hog wash!

Pre-orders being filled now? and pretty much done by Oct? Didn't they say last month it was Aug-Sept?

Look.. I've had a pre-order in with them since the 1st week of May. At that time, when I ordered, the time frame given was by mid-May and the latest was end of May... Every time a deadline would come, it always got extened by 2 weeks.. End of May when I called, it became by mid-June and at the lastest end of June. This happened week after week and month after month. Then about a month ago, it became pre-orders would be filled by Aug and at the latest in September... A few more months of this, instead of next month or the month after, it'll change to next year or the following year.

They need to come clean and just be honest... I'll be shocked if I get my ATV in the next month.. And the only way I see it happening is if they're shipping out of Tao Canada for US orders because Tao Canada seems to be getting shipments of vehicles every couple of weeks. A couple containers of vehicles from Tao China landed at port on 8/23 for Tao Canada. I still don't see any vehicles coming in for Tao USA.

Old 08-28-2020, 06:42 PM   #117

I agree. Been told the same things. I stand by my earlier prediction of next year (at least for Hellcats) and probably much later than spring. If many dealers have over a 1000 orders and are only being given a small amount from each boat that adds up to a long wait. Especially since they have to start the order filling process from April.

These dealer tactics are not cool. They are playing fast and loose with folks money being how they collected full payments as opposed to just deposits. If a dealer goes belly up during this waiting period there will be no refunds coming. Bankruptcy locks everything down and creditors get their pie first. Meaning China.

I guess they can get away with it by offering full refunds up until an order is marked for shipment. That way it is the customers who are rolling the dice. Neat trick.

Last edited by dgl57; 08-29-2020 at 09:28 AM.

Old 08-30-2020, 04:49 PM   #118

Latest Tao shipments to NA.. 3 containers came in on the 26th.

Date
2020-08-26
Shipper Name
Zhejiang Taotao Vehicles Co. Ltd
Shipper Address
NO 6 XINMIN RD XINBI ST JINYUN COUNTY LISHUI CHINA
Consignee Name
Tao Motor Canada Inc.
Consignee Address
170 BARTOR RD NORTH YORK ON M9M 2W6 CANADA TEFAX1
Notify Party Name
Tao Motor Canada Inc.
Notify Party Address
170 BARTOR ROAD NORTH YORK ON, M9M 2W6 CANADA, TEL 1-416-748-6686, TEFAX 1-416-749-6686
Weight
Weight Unit
KG
Weight in KG
Quantity
Quantity Unit
CTN
Measure Unit
CM
Shipment Origin
China
Details
13,608.0 kg
From port: Ningbo, China
To port: Port of Tacoma, Tacoma, Washington
Place of Receipt
Ningbo
Foreign Port of Lading
Ningbo, China
U.S. Port of Unlading
Port of Tacoma, Tacoma, Washington
U.S. Destination Port
Port of Tacoma, Tacoma, Washington
Commodity
PASS VEH FOR SNOW GOLF CARTS SIMILAR VEHIC ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE
Container
YMLU8795503
Marks Description
ATV OFF ROAD USE ONLY / /
Carrier Name
YANG MING MARINE TRANSPORT CORP
Vessel Name
FRANKFURT EXPRESS
Voyage Number
065E
Bill of Lading Number
YMLUW232392815
Lloyd's Code
HTS Codes
HTS 8703.10

Old 08-31-2020, 11:34 AM   #119

My message to Tao this morning and the response. Seriously, no information at this point?!

DGL

Aug 31, 2020, 7:23 AM PDT

Another month has now gone by. Any ETA or any info at all on the Hellcats? Delivery this year?

Thanks.

Josh (Taomotor)

Aug 31, 2020, 8:12 AM PDT

No information has been shared as of this point sir.

Old 08-31-2020, 12:01 PM   #120

Quote:
My message to Tao this morning and the response. Seriously, no information at this point?!

DGL

Aug 31, 2020, 7:23 AM PDT

Another month has now gone by. Any ETA or any info at all on the Hellcats? Delivery this year?

Thanks.

Josh (Taomotor)

Aug 31, 2020, 8:12 AM PDT

No information has been shared as of this point sir.
At least you're getting a response from them. I've emailed Tao a few times and got a response 1 time. And that response was to contact the dealer because they have more info.

Can you do me a favor? Ask this guy Josh why there are containers of vehicles going to Tao Canada and if US dealer fulfillment comes out of their warehouse up there? Give him this latest BoL, YMLUW232392815, as an example, to see what he has to say.

Thanks!