Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2023, 01:14 PM   #1

tbr7 electrical no spark

SSooo about 6 weeks ago, My bike battery was constantly dying quickly. I ordered a new battery. One of the ones I have seen listed here. installed it and added a battery tender connector. went to start bike, white smoke started up, tried again same thing. put old battery back in no smoke but it wouldn't start. had a bad summer with quite a few unexpected problems. when I did get to look at it I am fairly sure there is no spark. I am having trouble finding someone to work on it seeing as i am horrible with electrical... anything. SO i am going to dive in but I can't seem to find good material for tracking out wires or what i should be looking for... other the melted wires....

any advice as to where to find source material for the electrical handicapped. or what could have fried is appreciated. I am thinking since they dropped the bike alot when it was delivered and i wasnt home and i had found some loose wires before under headlight, maybe something sparking???

I am adding some pictures. I am wondering what wire that is that melted. one shows the ground that follows the green wire. And a picture of a wire with a white cap that went to nothing. any advice is appreciated. I finally have time to start working on it so hoping for some direction. Far as I can tell there is no spark now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20231008_125029.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	846.6 KB
ID:	30147   Click image for larger version

Name:	20231008_125054.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	30148   Click image for larger version

Name:	20231008_125159.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	715.0 KB
ID:	30149   Click image for larger version

Name:	20231008_125313.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	832.5 KB
ID:	30150  

Last edited by Loraphet; 10-08-2023 at 01:11 PM. Reason: adding pictures

Old 10-08-2023, 01:14 PM   #2

added pictures trying to bump.

Old 10-08-2023, 03:47 PM   #3

A solid green wire in Honda, and thus Chonda, is a ground wire.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 10-08-2023, 05:26 PM   #4

Thats what i thought, i was hoping someone might know what is a ground for and why it would heat so high to melt. If i knew what it connected to maybe it would help diagnose maybe get parts before pulling the tank off. And I was wondering if the pic with the wire ending in the white cap should be connected to something or is good as is??
Could a battery with slightly higher amps cause the melting and /or burning out of a part?

Old 10-08-2023, 05:36 PM   #5

The Chinese electrical looms especially the ground wiring I would consider to be the weakest point...

the wire gauge is typically low and the insulation quality is poor...

If your main ground wire has melted it will need to be replaced throughout the length of the loom...in which case you might as well replace the main 12v active/live feed wire...both of which can be done by using automotive grade insulated twin core...

I know this because that's exactly what i had to do when the ground wiring also failed on my ebay replacment loom...

Tags
electrical, smoke, tbr7, wires