Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2023, 07:10 AM   #1

Doh! Clutch Assembly's CG250

Hey guys, I have a tbr7 and am looking to replace the entire clutch assembly.
Tao customer service said the original is out of stock and I purchased an amazon clutch assembly recommended by mymotorcycleblog and it was a few mm too big (130mm) with 73 teeth. Tao customer service just emailed me with specs from china:
" CG250 type, 70 teeth, 6 columns and 7 pieces, thickened gear"

The original clutch I left in the bike and I don't feel like taking it out just to measure but I've spent a week online searching & calling every tbr7 dealership and am exhausted I might aswell . Unless of course someone can provide a website with tbr7 clutch dimensions/specs (an all around CG parts breakdown resource that categorizes by part number and dimensions/specs would be amazing )
I would literally build a website dedicated to you guys (I'm a web developer I'll actually make one , thanks for all the help from everyone these past few months. You gotta love to hate these china bikes, I went from a complete newb to contemplating porting/polishing heads and adjusting valve clearance lol.

I didn't mean to bash mymotorcycleblog for recommending the wrong part, that is the best tbr7 resource ever. Also thank you to tbr7.com, 3 pedal devils, moto taco, and Jay's so low it hertz for all the guidance and the Chinariders!
Any assistance with a compatible complete clutch assembly for the tbr7 is greatly appreciated. Or any resource that lists specific part similarities/differences between tbr7 vs hawk 250 or any other compatible CG250 parts for the tbr7. Once again it's been a frustrating but amazing fun/challenging journey and couldn't do it without you guys/gals!

Old 07-04-2023, 08:49 AM   #2

The replacement engine actually is a pretty good deal for about $400. Can you verify the model ? It's facing left and can be seen behind the gear shift lever. Its probably 167FMM. Sometimes there is a "suffix" like -L, -6 or something.

Of course it would cost more than a clutch, but you could begin mods on the original engine and swap it back in at some point.

Just thinking...

Old 07-04-2023, 06:03 PM   #3

I don't have the extra money but that is a smart idea: 167FMM

There are some more numbers starting with MA... not sure do you know what that means do you.

Where did you find a tbr7 engine for $400??? I found one on sale for $575.

Do you know if the hawk 250 and tt250 clutch assemblys are compatible with the tbr7 or if you can provide a link with compatible CG250 clutch assembly.

Thanks

Old 07-04-2023, 10:23 PM   #4

Try CSC motorcycle's.

Old 07-04-2023, 11:51 PM   #5

Wallmart sells cg250 engines for about $400 or $26per/month.

167FMM parts can be found relatively easily on aliexpress.

Old 07-09-2023, 09:38 PM   #6

Thanks guys, anybody know about the master network?

Thanks guys, Wow I will def checkout walmart for engines and aliexpress for 167 FMM parts.

Are you sure CSC TT250 matches the tbr7 clutch assembly?
Possibly the hawk250, I contacted many tao motor tech department and tao/hawk dealerships they are very reluctant to share information.

Where do you guys learn so much about these parts?

I received an email from Devin Biek from Motocult mentioning:

"There is a master network of all the manufacturers, parts, and part numbers. It is a Chinese system that is used by the Chinese manufacturers. I have access to it but I’m not allowed to share it."

Does anyone know anything about this master network, if you don't want to share here you can message me directly.

Old 07-09-2023, 10:57 PM   #7

Most, if not all, CG250 clutches use the same discs and plates. The only change is how many discs, 6 or 7.

We learn about the parts by removing them and measuring, or just taking a leap of faith.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 07-10-2023, 12:33 AM   #8

LOL @ "removing them and measuring". I don't know why that made me crack up.

"If there were more bloody noses, there would be less wars." - Hagbard Celine

"Someday, after mastering the waves, the winds, the tides and gravity, we shall harness for God the energies of love and then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire." - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Old 07-10-2023, 04:12 PM   #9

Very true I did the same , but it is an unnecessary waste of time money & energy. Hoping to get a hold of the master network of parts, its hard enough to schedule time to work on my bike , to not have the right part and have to close everything up again and reschedule makes things tremendously more difficult. Can we all agree on sharing the master network amongst eachother.
What do you guys think?

Old 07-10-2023, 04:37 PM   #10

I think 99% of our members would share such a database if we had access to it. I would. Maybe it exists. If it does, it may be more limited than you might think. Because, the manufacturing network you are talking about doesn't necessarily play by the rules. Some of them have active contracts with brands, others DON'T. They just clone and sell.

It would be really helpful knowing exatly what to order. But as our long term members here know, every part is a gamble. We test the waters and publicize success. It is all we can do. It is not like there are pull down menus with make/model/year on alibaba and aliexpress!

Waste of time? Well, it CAN be! We've ALL been disappointed when we either get screwed on returns (Ha!), because the part isn't quite right. I won't detail my own list of mistakes. It isn't embarassing, Just reality!

Old 07-10-2023, 05:13 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by digital5000 View Post
Very true I did the same , but it is an unnecessary waste of time money & energy. Hoping to get a hold of the master network of parts, its hard enough to schedule time to work on my bike , to not have the right part and have to close everything up again and reschedule makes things tremendously more difficult. Can we all agree on sharing the master network amongst eachother.
What do you guys think?
If it allows you to get what you want and all other avenues have come up dry, it's not a waste. I spent $98 of my.own money on YSS PD238 fork valves on an educated guess, after having measured my springs a couple years before,
that they would fit. They did, and I shared every bit of technical information along the way so that others would know.

I've measured, guessed, gambled, and shared almost everything related to my own Hawk adventures, and some of that came from standing on the shoulders of those that came before me (always giving due credit) and building off what they started.

That's what we do here.

Old 07-10-2023, 05:14 PM   #12

Wow who in their right mind would buy a new engine ,because can't find a simple clutch part. What every time I need a clutch have to buy a new engine,makes me think about the whole china bike thing. 6000 miles and clutch never did feel good,and now no clutch parts. I have a 2021 TBR7 too, this is just wrong. Why would anybody want these bikes,I know I don't anymore.

Old 07-10-2023, 05:50 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz View Post
Wow who in their right mind would buy a new engine ,because can't find a simple clutch part. What every time I need a clutch have to buy a new engine,makes me think about the whole china bike thing. 6000 miles and clutch never did feel good,and now no clutch parts. I have a 2021 TBR7 too, this is just wrong. Why would anybody want these bikes,I know I don't anymore.

No clutch parts? Who said that. Csc tt250 clutch parts work.

These clutch parts also work... and if they somehow don't, the discs and plates will.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/30401738074...2JrvFj_zLmTINc

EBC CSK41 clutch springs are like 10 bucks or less and make a huge difference in clutch feel.

I've been riding a Hawk for 6 years, almost to the day, and while it has had a couple of downs, it's mostly been great.

Old 07-10-2023, 07:43 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz View Post
Shouldn't your name be buzzKILL?

"If there were more bloody noses, there would be less wars." - Hagbard Celine

"Someday, after mastering the waves, the winds, the tides and gravity, we shall harness for God the energies of love and then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire." - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Old 07-10-2023, 07:46 PM   #15

Afternoon,
I just replaced my clutch springs as per megadans suggestion and while I was in there I replaced the clutch plates on my 2020 TBR 7 as per the attached image.
I have about 7K miles the plates and steels were all within spec. Hope this helps .

Tags
cg250, clutch assembly, hawk 250, lets build a database!, tbr7