Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2023, 08:23 PM   #1

Led headlamp upgrade

Has anyone tried a upgrade to the new style led bulb with the fan built into the bulb body in a rx3 yet. These are different in that the fan is not on the back of the bulb anymore and no big heat sink.
Any one tryed it yet or found any issues other then needed to make a bit clearance for the back of the bulb by modifying the rear black part by cutting it out for the little more clearance needed?
1987 the original TW200

Old 03-05-2023, 05:36 PM   #2

So after testing out this new all aluminum led bulb with the built in fan I would not recommend using them in the rx3 plastic bezel
The bulb housing was over 50 degrees Celsius in a few minutes of testing it out. Definitely gonna cause a problem and melt the housing in short order
1987 the original TW200

Old 03-25-2023, 12:30 AM   #3

I will have to check mine but I think it's the Pathfinder led that CSC sells.
It's pretty good lighting, and I have the CSC spotlights on the crashbars, and those make it daylight ahead.
On subject of led headlights, my experience has been buy Fahren brand off Amazon. I just bought a set for a Dodge Durango and huge difference from stock H13 halogen to the H13 led Fahren. I can't help but wonder if I should try a Fahren in my RX3