Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2019, 01:10 PM   #1

Location: 484 miles east from the geographical center of the United States
2016 RX3 for sale $1700.00

I only put 200 miles on it last year and did not ride this year at all. It has 1,272 miles total.

I upgraded the bike with the following options:
1. center stand
2. hand guards
3. aluminum luggage
4. USB port and standard 12v power socket
5. extra LED spot lights
6. oversized front brake rotor

https://cedarrapids.craigslist.org/mcy/6979157550.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image5.jpg (34.3 KB, 570 views)
File Type: jpg Image2.jpg (40.5 KB, 569 views)
File Type: jpg Image4.jpg (90.5 KB, 566 views)
File Type: jpg grantwood.jpg (61.6 KB, 570 views)

Life Member VFW / Life Member NRA / WWG1-WGA

Old 09-16-2019, 12:15 PM   #2

Darn, I hate to see such a great deal.....I'm selling mine with much the same equipment but for about $500 more. Here's hoping we each find a buyer soon! Man, I'm sure glad you are not anywhere near me.

Old 09-17-2019, 01:36 AM   #3

I think I'm slowly convincing the Mrs. to bite on this great deal (I fear I will be too late )... but we have had a few hefty medical bills show up out of the blue lately so she is hesitant of any "high cost purchases" just in case another one shows up to bite us in the ace

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 09-17-2019, 05:14 AM   #4

I’d like to buy your bike, I’m in California so would have to have a shipper come get it. Willing to do PayPal or a wire transfer.
Thanks
Tim

Old 09-17-2019, 12:23 PM   #5

And would you overpay so that he can wire the cash to your "shipping partner?" Sorry, it's just very close to the language of a common scam. If you're legit, my apologies.

It's a good deal on a nice bike.

Old 09-17-2019, 03:29 PM   #6

Real deal.

I am totally legit, just offering options. I was a banker for 17 years, so didn’t feel that would be construed that way. Thanks for your concern.

Old 09-17-2019, 06:41 PM   #7

Yes, FWIW the scammers like to pay by money order so I'm assuming they can fake that. PayPal seems to be pretty fool proof, also a money transfer. As soon as I listed my RX3 for sale I got 3 offers and each had the money order payment included. As soon as I said 'cash only' they disappeared.

Old 09-17-2019, 07:43 PM   #8

If you haven't seen it, the classic Craigslist vehicle scam is literally, "I will send you a cashier's check and have a shipper pick it up." Then you pay the shipper with cash/wire, and the certified check turns out to be an already-cashed duplicate which bounces.

Obviously, a wire is much safer.

Old 09-17-2019, 07:55 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyoungbl View Post
Yes, FWIW the scammers like to pay by money order so I'm assuming they can fake that. PayPal seems to be pretty fool proof, also a money transfer. As soon as I listed my RX3 for sale I got 3 offers and each had the money order payment included. As soon as I said 'cash only' they disappeared.
did they ask you to buy a VIN report as well? I sold a bike recently and had 3 guys ask for that.
4 degree advance key
290 degree cam
Nibbi PE30 and cone filter

Front fork brace

Old 09-17-2019, 11:57 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvarez View Post
If you haven't seen it, the classic Craigslist vehicle scam is literally, "I will send you a cashier's check and have a shipper pick it up." Then you pay the shipper with cash/wire, and the certified check turns out to be an already-cashed duplicate which bounces.

Obviously, a wire is much safer.
I just sold our TT250 to an online guy here. First post he posted and he pm'd me.
I told him "I'll take a money order by mail, when it cashes, you can have the bike."
He said, "I'll send you the money via Walmart. Once you get the cash, I'll send the shipper."

It worked perfectly. He even had me confirm the cash before he sent the shipper to my house. Sometimes they are legit and I hope my buyer posts here. Good dude.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 09-18-2019, 12:47 PM   #11

I think that is a good buy. Some other pictures indicate, color of the day dude, is also LEO. If I lived closer, I'd take a look at it, and...instant gratification might take over....Nice looking bike! I could just slap myself, at a slapping booth, i'd even have onelegged dude, take a swing at me, for not buying 2lz's csc!!!!!

Azhule, you are prob closer....go look at it!
A family that works together, plays together, shoots and trains together, and sleds together, stays together. Second amendment! SkiDoo sleds, NOW 2 TTR225, and a BMS250. A couple of quotes (we are not farmers) "I don't get off the farm much" "Am too old school" I call the china bikes "the china syndrome".

Old 09-18-2019, 12:54 PM   #12

scammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyoungbl View Post
We had a local dude buy a 30,000.00 skid steer loader off of ebay, fake shipper, fake driver, and fake company, as it turns out. I wonder if ebay ever found the scammer and their money? A couple of good scams like that a year, tax free, and a person doesn't have to work. I am in the wrong profession...LOL!!!
A family that works together, plays together, shoots and trains together, and sleds together, stays together. Second amendment! SkiDoo sleds, NOW 2 TTR225, and a BMS250. A couple of quotes (we are not farmers) "I don't get off the farm much" "Am too old school" I call the china bikes "the china syndrome".

Old 09-18-2019, 01:05 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
I just sold our TT250 to an online guy here. First post he posted and he pm'd me.
I told him "I'll take a money order by mail, when it cashes, you can have the bike."
He said, "I'll send you the money via Walmart. Once you get the cash, I'll send the shipper."

It worked perfectly. He even had me confirm the cash before he sent the shipper to my house. Sometimes they are legit and I hope my buyer posts here. Good dude.
I've been hoping the deal didn't go thru for you, so I could have another chance. Kinda snobby or silly of me...actually not a true statement, just joking...As my dad used to say "snooze, ya luze" Then my 15yo chimes in...."bad dad joke." Then there was talk about a meme....what the hell is that? whiskey tango foxtrot, I am out of the loop!

But congrats!!!!, and yes hoping the new buyer will post. 2lz's legend carries on!!!!

Old 09-22-2019, 07:48 AM   #14

So I take it it sold?

Old 09-22-2019, 03:07 PM   #15

Location: 484 miles east from the geographical center of the United States
Yes. Bike was picked up yesterday.

Life Member VFW / Life Member NRA / WWG1-WGA