Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2019, 02:22 PM   #1

Zongshen 250cc help

Zongshen 250cc troubles...I finally got the bike to start, yet everytime I hit the throttle it bogs out. I also can't get the turn signals to work. Any help out there?

Old 08-06-2019, 03:25 PM   #2

Try partial and full choke and see if it runs any better, if it does its lean. That could be from a dirty carb or wrong jets. If it runs even worse its rich which could be again a dirty carb, miss adjusted float or wrong jetting. another thing to check is for vacuum leaks around the carb and head. With the engine running spray some carb cleaner or starting fluid around the carb mount on the head side and carb side and listen for rpm changes. If you notice the rpm change then its sucking air in which will cause all kinds of issues.

Do you have a voltmeter? they will go a long way in helping you chase electrical issues.
2007 Honda VTX 1300R.
1974 Suzuki tm125, work in progress
2001 Suzuki Drz 400s.

Old 08-09-2019, 09:28 PM   #3

Setting the RPMs too low on a small cc, single cylinder engine can also cause a few "bog out" situations (initial roll on bog, or when trying to hold a 0.1 to 1/4 throttle it can bog)

Some engines like the RPMs as low as 1250... but most of them like it sitting closer to 1500

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 08-10-2019, 02:07 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlachendro View Post
Zongshen 250cc troubles...I finally got the bike to start, yet everytime I hit the throttle it bogs out. I also can't get the turn signals to work. Any help out there?
Photos? Is it the twin engine or a single? We always like photos for fun here on this site, but it would actually help your cause so we can identify your bike.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 01-05-2020, 07:08 AM   #5

did you buy the engine separately? i'm trying to find places that sell zongshen engines in the uk or even mainland europe, only sites i have found look a bit dodgy!