Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2017, 09:13 AM   #1

New Scooter owner. 150cc Lancer. And some questions!

Hello.

Just ordered my new 150cc Taotao lancer. I did some research and it seemed about the best deal for the price. I have some questions, Its comming by UPS freight hopefully Monday. I have a few questions as to what to expect.

I have had a 150 before but it was used, Never unboxxed one before, I have been unable to find a 150 PDI or instructions on Assembly, To this point I Assume it will be in the paper work with the scooter?

I have watched and read that people recamend changing out the Fuel lines and Filters. Letting it idle for 20 minutes to let the gaskets heal seal then drain and change the oil as its packed with 'shipping oil'.

Beyond this I am clueless! What do I need to know, What can I expect? And most importantly, Does it come with all the tools I need or do i need to invest in tools before it comes?

I come from Scootdawg, I was told I would have better luck here with information.

Old 02-28-2017, 10:46 AM   #2

The Lancer assembly may, or may not, be similar to the TaoTao EVO ATM-150A.

To aid getting initial gas into carb fuel bowl . . try key off, throttle closed, use kick lever a few times, wait a couple of minutes, then key on to start. This technique also works when scooter has not been run for a while. Carb bowl is vented to atmosphere, so fuel evaporates . . and remaining fuel may absorb moisture in air, which may stratify to the bottom where jet intake is.

Old 02-28-2017, 09:29 PM   #3

http://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=18139

I have never ordered a new scooter, but another member just received some Taotao 50's and says they require basic assembly including battery, handlebars, and front wheel installation. Hopefully yours is similar.

After filling your new battery with acid, be sure to let it sit for an hour or so and then put it on a charger. I would also recommend you check for any loose parts and apply loctite as needed. Post some pictures of the new bike if you can!