Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2020, 10:29 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by legonas View Post
First lets start with powersportsmax, the company i ordered from.
On their website it says, "fully assembled." Is it? Or what is their definition of fully assembled?

2016 CSC TT250

Old 05-21-2020, 11:11 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjester View Post
On their website it says, "fully assembled." Is it? Or what is their definition of fully assembled?
you have to install the handlebar, controls on the handlebar, and battery. thats it. install the controls, tighten down the bars, pull the seat to install the battery, check the oil and add gas and you should be on the road. it took me about 2 hours to go from pulling the cardboard off the shipping crate to dropping the bike in my front yard power tools really help taking the crate apart it would have taken forever to do it with just a socket or end wrench.

edit: also thinking about it the front blinker light assembly's also have to be screwed in. the nut and washer is already on the wire just have to tighten it together.

Old 05-22-2020, 09:41 PM   #33

Yup and those turn signals are a bitch to tighten down.

Here is what I just got assembled. And yep, the headlight was a bitch as well.

Feels faster than the X-Pect. The test will be the hill I go up on the way to work. Can't get the X-Pect over 62 (according to the speedo, and it drops quickly on the hill).

The KPM is 6-spd and geared different. Definitely pulls much harder than the X-Pect, but I've only ridden it down the road testing my helmet cam.

More to follow......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lifan KPM200.jpg (97.5 KB, 632 views)

Old 05-23-2020, 07:41 PM   #34

just got back from the first trip. did about 80 miles of 80% dirt roads. for those interested, we did the SCAR route in the Francis Marion national forest from the rembert c dennis boat landing to the wambaw cycle trail, and then back.

https://www.legonas.net/images/bike2.jpg

learned a lot on my first trip and gained a lot of confidence in my riding. Still have a lot to learn but i dealt with all sorts of conditions and everything went great.

As for the bike itself, i did not tighten the front turn signals enough because they worked loose on the way back so i have to fix that. I had no mechanical problems beyond that. I certainly understand the desire to change the gearing to get a little bit better top end, 55-60 was pushing the bike hard with me on it.

Next project is an oil change, USB charger and LED headlight. I knew that it probably didn't have a oil filter but looking through the manual i don't even see a strainer. Is there a strainer or anything i need to check when i do the oil?

Old 05-24-2020, 07:33 AM   #35

There is a strainer low on the right side...I think it was the right, (I'll look when I get home from work) of the engine under one of those silvery plastic screw on caps. There's a spring under the cap holding the strainer in, but it's not too hard to get back in.

Ok, so much for decent memory, it's on the left side way down low, pretty much under the engine. https://imgur.com/a/8yvtttZ

Last edited by JoshXpect; 05-24-2020 at 11:17 AM.

Old 05-31-2020, 12:26 AM   #36

Be careful with the strainer cap when reinstalling. The flange (typically) is very thin and will crack with too much force.
2016 Tao Tao 125D

Old 10-07-2020, 09:21 AM   #37

Thumbs Up Got one

This bike is awesome on road not enough power for sandy trails but nobby tires would help better for dirt small fork aren't good for aggressive riders but great road miles im up to 170+ not broken it yet so top speed attempt was 60 mph
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20201005_162636.jpg (157 Bytes, 789 views)

Old 07-06-2021, 09:58 AM   #38

I just got mine about a week ago. Changed the oil, new spark plug, adjusted brakes, adjusted the valves (make sure you do this!), adjusted chain and a few more things. I set the valves to 03/05. Runs and drives great.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 2BAB0809-A0B1-4217-9EFB-57093BC095B8.jpeg (15.3 KB, 154 views)

Tags
x-pect