Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2020, 08:03 PM   #16

Looks sharp! Like I mentioned before, I think you are the last person who can get away with demanding the color-coded tape Heck, you are probably the FIRST and only person to demand it!!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 05-18-2020, 09:51 PM   #17

bike came in. still haven't got MCO paperwork. put it together. idle seemed high and the throttle was crazy sensitive. threw it in first and dropped the bike after 5 feet. fun times. broke the light switch part, anyone know where i can get one? also bent the shifter but i bent that back and seems fine. turns out the idle wasnt high, the throttle cable was messed up and was just always on. adjusted that and everything is great but i still have a broke light switch assembly i need to fix.

Old 05-18-2020, 09:54 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by legonas View Post
bike came in. still haven't got MCO paperwork. put it together. idle seemed high and the throttle was crazy sensitive. threw it in first and dropped the bike after 5 feet. fun times. broke the light switch part, anyone know where i can get one? also bent the shifter but i bent that back and seems fine. turns out the idle wasnt high, the throttle cable was messed up and was just always on. adjusted that and everything is great but i still have a broke light switch assembly i need to fix.
Must be in the air today, I had the recon on top of me this afternoon, ya gotta love it.

Old 05-19-2020, 11:02 AM   #19

It doesn't seem like there are alot of Lifan owners on here but how are you guys liking your bikes? This is one of the bikes I'm considering for purchase.

Old 05-19-2020, 12:46 PM   #20

Just got the call from the shipping company and mine will be delivered tomorrow between 10-3..truck will have a lift gate! Looking forward to throwing my 2 cents in on the Xpect!

Old 05-19-2020, 01:19 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirLord View Post
Just got the call from the shipping company and mine will be delivered tomorrow between 10-3..truck will have a lift gate! Looking forward to throwing my 2 cents in on the Xpect!
I'd love to hear your input man. This is one of the bikes I'm considering.

Old 05-19-2020, 10:55 PM   #22

Ok spent some more time with the bike today and decided to write a little review because there is so little info out there every little bit can help and my post yesterday was mostly just me rambling.

First lets start with powersportsmax, the company i ordered from. I placed my order on the 9th and received it in South Carolina on the 18th, the day they said i would so everything went great there. Unfortunately, the "free expedited MCO paperwork" didn't seem to get my paperwork to me before or the same time as the bike as promised and it still isn't here a day after the bike arrived. I emailed them this morning and was told i need to use the MSO title request link on there website to request it. It specifically says on their website expedited shipping should not require you to use that form. So other then probably not being able to get it on the road for memorial day weekend everything has gone great so far, as long as the paperwork shows up.

Next, unboxing the bike. Everything went smoothly for the most part. I snapped a bolt putting the clutch lever on and had to run to lowes to get a replacement. The orange in person looks much brighter then it does in most pictures which i am happy for. Wife took a picture while i was working on it, still in work clothes.

https://www.legonas.net/images/bike1.jpg

I haven't rode a motorcycle since i was a kid so my experience level is basically 0. Saying that now to explain the next part. Added some gas and she cranked right up but as i mentioned the idle seemed high and the throttle seemed very sensitive. With no experience to tell me better i tried it out anyway and promptly dropped the bike in the front lawn. Turns out its hard to control a bike when the throttle is stuck over 3k rpm. broke the light switch and horn assembly, moved the clutch lever and bent the shifter. So if you're bikes idle is over 3k make sure to adjust the throttle until you have some slack. took me 20 minutes on google to figure out what was wrong.

I got everything i broke fixed up today. Super glued the light assembly back together, had already bent the shifter back into place. throttle adjusted and has a little slack now, and was driving around in my back yard going in circles for a good half hour once i got the hang of the clutch and stopped stalling it.

Since my experience level is so low its hard for me to really say to much about the bike so far and plan to post more about it after this weekend, which i plan to spend out on some dirt trails with two friends who also just bought there own first bikes(a klx250 and a CRF250L rally), and hopefully do a bit more then driving around in circles in first gear.

Old 05-20-2020, 12:11 AM   #23

Don't knock riding around in circles in first gear. A majority of bike layovers happen at low speeds because most people have zero concept of shifting their weight, throttle control, and fine motor skills. Any monkey can ride a bike at speed. Keep practicing that slow speed stuff, it always comes in handy.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 05-20-2020, 12:43 AM   #24

Quote:

Since my experience level is so low its hard for me to really say to much about the bike so far and plan to post more about it after this weekend, which i plan to spend out on some dirt trails with two friends who also just bought there own first bikes(a klx250 and a CRF250L rally), and hopefully do a bit more then driving around in circles in first gear.
Congrats on the bike! It looks great in orange. I must say, the beauty of these Chinese dual-sports is you have far less guilt dropping them than a name-brand bike like the KLX or CRF Rally. Granted, the X-Pect is moving into name-brand territory, but you get the point

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 05-20-2020, 01:10 PM   #25

Just took delivery of my bike,box is in perfect shape and on a long wooden pallet,I had to rush back to work so I was unable cut the box open and inspect,I only expect to have minor birthmarks at the worse. I’ll be opening it tonight those!

Old 05-20-2020, 01:33 PM   #26

Quote:
Ok spent some more time with the bike today and decided to write a little review because there is so little info out there every little bit can help and my post yesterday was mostly just me rambling.

First lets start with powersportsmax, the company i ordered from. I placed my order on the 9th and received it in South Carolina on the 18th, the day they said i would so everything went great there. Unfortunately, the "free expedited MCO paperwork" didn't seem to get my paperwork to me before or the same time as the bike as promised and it still isn't here a day after the bike arrived. I emailed them this morning and was told i need to use the MSO title request link on there website to request it. It specifically says on their website expedited shipping should not require you to use that form. So other then probably not being able to get it on the road for memorial day weekend everything has gone great so far, as long as the paperwork shows up.

Next, unboxing the bike. Everything went smoothly for the most part. I snapped a bolt putting the clutch lever on and had to run to lowes to get a replacement. The orange in person looks much brighter then it does in most pictures which i am happy for. Wife took a picture while i was working on it, still in work clothes.

https://www.legonas.net/images/bike1.jpg

I haven't rode a motorcycle since i was a kid so my experience level is basically 0. Saying that now to explain the next part. Added some gas and she cranked right up but as i mentioned the idle seemed high and the throttle seemed very sensitive. With no experience to tell me better i tried it out anyway and promptly dropped the bike in the front lawn. Turns out its hard to control a bike when the throttle is stuck over 3k rpm. broke the light switch and horn assembly, moved the clutch lever and bent the shifter. So if you're bikes idle is over 3k make sure to adjust the throttle until you have some slack. took me 20 minutes on google to figure out what was wrong.

I got everything i broke fixed up today. Super glued the light assembly back together, had already bent the shifter back into place. throttle adjusted and has a little slack now, and was driving around in my back yard going in circles for a good half hour once i got the hang of the clutch and stopped stalling it.

That Xpect is one of the best looking DS china bikes out to me.
I am still riding in circles and figure 8's myself. never have been a big dirt biker but rode some when I was younger because my brother always rode dirt and street. I rode street bikes up until 10 or 12 years ago so this dirt bike thing is taking a little learning.
My brothers first " Dirt bike" was an old bridgstone, probably 100cc street bike, he and a friend of ours modded the fenders and exhaust and some other tinkering to keep it running. he never did have anything but the stock tires on it. if I remember right he traded a single barrel h&r 20 gauge for it.

Old 05-21-2020, 01:58 PM   #27

You should not have any issues registering in South Carolina. I live in upstate SC, registered my x-pect last summer. I think that puts the bike in the system, right? I love my x-pect. Mainly bought it b/c it had EFI. Bike has been perfect. As I have said before, changing out the front sprocket to a 17 made a huge difference.

Old 05-21-2020, 04:28 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by landshark View Post
You should not have any issues registering in South Carolina. I live in upstate SC, registered my x-pect last summer. I think that puts the bike in the system, right? I love my x-pect. Mainly bought it b/c it had EFI. Bike has been perfect. As I have said before, changing out the front sprocket to a 17 made a huge difference.
i actually got a 45 day plate today using just the receipt from the website and my proof of insurance. got my motorcycle permit today as well. so now im legal to drive. to bad its raining

Old 05-21-2020, 08:08 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by landshark View Post
Some of our members over the years have been their particular brand's guinea pigs. The good thing about Lifan is they have been around since the mid 2000s, and are in the US DOT's and states' databases. They had a very popular dual-sport called the GY200-5 which was one of the first EPA/DOT certified 49-state street legal Chinese dual-sports.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 05-21-2020, 10:24 PM   #30

These are EFI right? If so, how is that performing on your bikes? Lots better than a carb?

2016 CSC TT250

Tags
x-pect