Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2017, 01:39 PM   #1

Powersportsmax Positive Review

Hey Everyone, first post, short time lurker. Thought I would drop in and leave a review based on my experience from powersportsmax.

Despite such a large amount of negative reviews online, I decided to try them out and ordered a 125cc and 110cc atv. I did this on the day after Thanksgiving. They arrived on the following Thursday and the gentleman unloaded them from the 18 wheeler and rolled them into my garage. Awesome! They were both covered in a large box. I removed the box and they were on a pallet, with a steel frame around them that the ATV's were bolted down too. Initial inspection and assembly showed no damages or missing parts. They fired up first try as well! We now have probably around 90 or so hours ridden on these bikes and they have needed nothing other than gas and I have changed the oil a few times each.

Fast Forward to February 6th. I decided I wanted a 150cc ATV so I could join my kids. I placed an order and on Friday the 10th it was delivered in the same manner. The guy rolled it into the garage and watched me unwrap it that way if a refusal was needed he was right there. Again, same type of packaging and everything was there as it should be. It too assembled very easily and started up first try. This one now has almost 10 hours on it and has been a good ATV. Shocks are stiff as all get out, but I have started looking at other shocks to combat that!

I would definitely use them again, and intend to here towards the summer when I look for a scooter

Old 02-14-2017, 03:32 PM   #2

Swampy (another member here) also had good luck with PSM. Got them quickly, and the same with the paperwork. The shocks will loosen up after a bit of abuse....
Pics???? Did you get the Coolster or the Tao Tao Bull?

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 02-14-2017, 07:19 PM   #3

Glad you got great service! I'm convinced that the "shocks" on these atv's are not "shocks" at all. But rather just a way to mount the coil spring, because thats ALL you have is dampening no rebound AT ALL. But hey we get em for pennies on the dollar, so corners have to be cut somewhere.

Old 02-14-2017, 09:08 PM   #4

I ordered my Hawk 250 from PowersportsMax as well. Had a good experience with them and would order from them again.

Old 02-14-2017, 10:09 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsride View Post
Glad you got great service! I'm convinced that the "shocks" on these atv's are not "shocks" at all. But rather just a way to mount the coil spring, because thats ALL you have is dampening no rebound AT ALL. But hey we get em for pennies on the dollar, so corners have to be cut somewhere.
Yep! They go from riding a rigid to a pogo stick!...but as you say, you get a brand new quad for dirt cheap.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 02-15-2017, 09:05 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Swampy (another member here) also had good luck with PSM. Got them quickly, and the same with the paperwork. The shocks will loosen up after a bit of abuse....
Pics???? Did you get the Coolster or the Tao Tao Bull?
All 3 ATV's are by tao tao. I'll have to get some pics this weekend!