Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-08-2023, 10:41 AM   #1

The Time Has Come To Fix My Back

the time is here. after a year and a half of trying various solutions to help my back problems, on Monday I'll be going under the knife for major surgery.

I forget the medical name of the procedure, but they will be removing the back portion of my L4-L5 vertebrae to open up space for my spinal nerve as well as clean up of the nerve openings in the specific layer. They will then use rods to fuse the vertebrae together permanently.

Over the past 9 months they have done a couple MRIs which show the spinal nerve opening is getting smaller and smaller due to a bad disk and the vertebrae shifting to pinch the nerve.

This whole thing actually started about 40 years ago when helping a friend of mine build a garage. after years of gradual decline, it's finally got the point of needing repair. (I'll be sending him the bill...the heck with statute of limitations )

I'll likely be away from the site here for about a week while recuperating. 3 or 4 days in the hospital and then resting at home, but don't know that I'll have enough mobility to get around much. we'll just have to see.

The worst part is no motorcycles for about 6 months. We'll see if I can stay off them for that long. I'll be pushing to ride sooner than the doctor probably wants me to. I NEED more IBA certifications!

Bikes I've owned: Suzuki GS450T, Yamaha XS500, Honda V45 Sabre, Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic (2), Suzuki VX800, Kawasaki Ninja 650, Triumph TT600, Honda Superhawk, Kawasaki Concours 1000 (3, including a sidecar rig), Buell XB9R, Kawasaki Nomad 1500, Concours 14, Honda Goldwing (2), Housen Hawk, Suzuki Intruder 1400, Kawasaki KLR650, Victory V92TC.