Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2016, 09:21 PM   #1

Exclamation BAD or missleading quad sale pics

hey check out this add. then check out the pics of the quads. like I said the liquid cooled taotao is no longer made. But this guy has three different quads pictured in one sale for one quad. I am truly not sure what he is selling.. 2015 liquid cooled 230cc .... 2016 198cc air cooled.. or what is the blue quad.. and there is a quad in there with a Black motor too??? I posted in performance because most other areas may not know the ins and out like we do..lol

http://www.bobcatsmotorsports.com/Ta...p/atv-250e.htm
I may be wrong.. that plastic is slightly different than mine.. But My buddy has a bussness selling them and has a 2016 on the floor.. looks nothing like this black on.. and Metric motor sports, (my buddys) has been in selling bikes for
35ys, it was a Yamaha shop before he was bought out by a big shop 75 miles away// I used to drag race 1340cc jet ski 1/8 mile for Yamaha.. I know these guys well.. 10s of thousands in parts and sponsorship.. I find it hard to believe.. he doesn't know this.. he will this week that's for sure..

Last edited by Tonyrader; 04-24-2016 at 09:32 PM. Reason: I may be wrong

Old 04-24-2016, 10:31 PM   #2

The Taotao quads tend to be a little misleading. I think they have such a high demand, they are kind of like the American car companies back in the 60's--to build cars, they sometimes had to use different part or even engines if what they needed was not in stock. I think I read somewhere, for instance, that some of the Shelby Cobras used 428 engines rather than the 427 engines.

IN Taotao's case, they used to have a many quads named 250 something or another, but when you read the 'fine print', the specs, on their site, it would list 196cc.

One of our members just ordered an Icebear trike from them, coincidentally, as I had never heard of them until member 'Louis Angel' posted this...

http://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=16387

I hope they don't try to send a 150cc instead to him...

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-24-2016, 10:32 PM   #3

I should have asked--does your friend have a website you can post a link?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-25-2016, 04:48 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
I should have asked--does your friend have a website you can post a link?
No he old and just runs metric motor sports as something to keep him moving.. heck he is older than my dad.. He owned "Boston Yamaha" for god knows how many years.. he is fun to talk to because he know so much of the past..

Old 05-04-2016, 07:05 PM   #5

Motors

I see in the USA they still use the 125 cc motor.. TAOTAO in Canada has changed it to the 110 cc due to cost of the CDN,.... and they took the remote off of the 125 D.. the 125atk dune buggy also is down to the 110 cc motor... they stopped bringing in the 250 D model...( 200 cc) motor was on it.... KANDI dune buggies als stopped with the 250 cc motor.. this si because MF MOTO can drop get it passed for the EPA.. this is right from KANDI USA,,, they told me last month about this..... so maybe that is why no 250 cc motor??? I know I have to have all my 110 cc listed with the EPA that I bought over from China last year..... and I have to tell them what I have left ... and hope it passes for this year...

Old 05-05-2016, 10:03 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLASHLIGHTBOY View Post
I see in the USA they still use the 125 cc motor.. TAOTAO in Canada has changed it to the 110 cc due to cost of the CDN,.... and they took the remote off of the 125 D.. the 125atk dune buggy also is down to the 110 cc motor... they stopped bringing in the 250 D model...( 200 cc) motor was on it.... KANDI dune buggies als stopped with the 250 cc motor.. this si because MF MOTO can drop get it passed for the EPA.. this is right from KANDI USA,,, they told me last month about this..... so maybe that is why no 250 cc motor??? I know I have to have all my 110 cc listed with the EPA that I bought over from China last year..... and I have to tell them what I have left ... and hope it passes for this year...
That's a bummer. The restrictions are getting absurd. Hopefully they'll leave you enough to sell and keep people coming in.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350