Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Other Brands
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2009, 06:11 PM   #31

You're probably right about the sprockets being stock, since it only has 15k. I'm closing in on 17k and haven't changed mine out yet. On the other hand, some guys don't wait to change the front sprocket since it's cheap and easy. You'll know when you look.

Those tires are certainly priced right. I'd be a bit concerned about losing that savings in shipping, however...based on my order from them for new Duro tires for my Lifan.

My stock rear Dunlop lasted just over 7k miles. The Perelli is nearing 10k now, but it started getting squared off a few 1000 miles ago. And that is why I went with the Bridgestone BT45 for the next rear. It has a dual compound with the center being harder, and should prevent that squared effect, or at least postpone it for a while.

The stock Dunlop front last me about 10.5k miles, and the Perelli replacement is still looking great after 6k miles. I'm not sure what I'll replace that with when it wears out, but I should have plenty of time to think about that.

15k on these bikes is not much at all. Many riders get into the 30k - 50k range and at least one guy is well over 100k. Mine is a 07 with almost 17k and I know of at least 2 other riders on 07's with more than that. Basically, just change the oil every 3k and check/adjust the valves every 6k and it'll likely run as long as you need.

Addiction without shame. Isn't it wonderful?
2005 Kawasaki EX250 - A new project

Old 03-21-2009, 06:07 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider
Please don’t get me wrong. I am not trying to bash the Megilli 250R; it looks like a very nice motorcycle. I would certainly love to look one over and take it for a test ride. However, I don’t understand why the price is so high relative to a Honda or Kawasaki. :?
Spud
Spud,
No problem. I fully agree about the pricing. I'm "hopeful" that maybe the "recommended" price will be just that and I might find it lower (or one will come up "barely used, I'm getting something bigger").

I do like the looks of the little Honda. The trouble there would be getting one into the states??

We'll probably wind up with a used Ninja 250, to be honest, which falls right into this thread :wink:
Bill

Old 03-21-2009, 11:45 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillR
…No problem. I fully agree about the pricing. I'm "hopeful" that maybe the "recommended" price will be just that and I might find it lower (or one will come up "barely used, I'm getting something bigger")...
Yes, I would do exactly the same thing. I would certainly enjoy examining the motorcycle, and, if possible, taking it for a test ride. I would also hope that the vendor was selling the bike for less than the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP).
Quote:
…I do like the looks of the little Honda. The trouble there would be getting one into the states??…
Yes, that is the real problem. I doubt that Honda will introduce the CBR 125R for sale in the United States. It appears that Honda, Suzuki and Yamaha are content to surrender the entry market to the Kawasaki Ninja 250R. :roll:
Quote:
…We'll probably wind up with a used Ninja 250, to be honest, which falls right into this thread :wink: …
Yes, if I decide to purchase a street bike it will also most likely be the Nina 250R. It’s a great little bike. It’s competitively priced, and it outperforms the competition.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894