Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2017, 09:04 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertz9753 View Post
If I paid shipping for a motorcycle and also got charged for the return shipping because the buyer decided they didn't want, I think I would want some form of payment.
Like what Manny stated...

However, if he wants the Brozz, it is listed for more regardless. They could probably figure out a way to make up for the shipping, somehow, while charging him for the difference between the Hawk and the Brozz. That would be better than not making a sale and eating the round-trip shipping cost on top of that. But, these retailers should know by now what they are dealing with. I know if I was a retailer and carried the Hawk, right after going through all the mumbo jumbo, I would have my customers sign a disclaimer about something to the effect that they acknowledge they know the bike is an off-road bike (same with the Magician). And, if I carried other brands, like 49-state street legal Bashans, and my customers were concerned about street plating their enduro (before signing the disclaimer), I would steer them to the ones that are guaranteed to be registered.

I remember the OTHER Manny, the one who owns TXPowersports, chimed in publicly and tried to tell that one member he should have seen the disclaimer (a few months back on another thread). I put in my two cents that as a dealer, and you carry the Hawk, you should make sure your customer understands what they are buying. Plus, TXpowersports carries 49 state legal bikes as well. http://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=17545

I can kind of see Don of ASPCUSA's point of view (assuming the hearsay is accurate) regarding him not selling the Hawk anymore.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-19-2017, 09:18 PM   #32

Yeah, I was thinking that they may try to get me on the shipping both ways. If that's the case I'll just keep it since shipping was over $300 on direction.

I called my credit card and told them what was going on. The credit card company says to get it in writing regarding the seller stating that I should have no problem registering the bIke which I do have via his emails. The cc rep also said that the charge has not been process as off yet, it's pending, so I assume that means that maybe the seller is anticipating me rejecting the shipment.

I'm going to run over to the DMV tomorrow and talk to them about it first and then, if the DMV say nada I'll call the seller and get them to do something, refund, another bike etc

I've got better things to do rather than go through this nonsense when the seller knows damn well what's up and could have saved us both the heartache, but instead is just interested in unloading their goods.

I'll know tomorrow
Thanks!

Old 03-19-2017, 09:27 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwl6935 View Post
but instead is just interested in unloading their goods.
You would be surprised that as large as these places look based on their website, they are drop-shipping most of their product; I know they do that with the Brozz, and my guess is also with the Hawk.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 03-19-2017, 09:28 PM   #34

Culcune, I don't understand why the manufacturers just don't apply for dot approval. From the look of it and from what I've read it doesn't look like a hugh undertaking to make it happen, but I may be wrong.

As far as power sports max goes... I email them and spoke to them on the phone regarding the registration issue and was assured that there shouldn't be a problem and this was all before it was shipped, so they really don't have a leg to stand on here. I'm sure this isn't the first time this has happened, so you'd think they'd know better.

Old 03-19-2017, 10:05 PM   #35

There are many more steps involved, but one has to go through steps to get off-road certification, and the bikes are already equipped with full street lighting (both the Hawk and the Magician), so it must have to do with some kind of manufacturing shortcut in the engine that won't allow it to ever pass is my guess. To go with a completely new engine would make them start over from scratch. It is a lengthy process from scratch, too, so they would lose over a year of sales if they went that route. Heck, for all we know, they are in the process as we speak?! We can collectively cross our fingers that this is the case! In the meantime, they keep selling the off-road bikes?! Having lived in AZ for so long, I guess I take it for granted being able to street plate a multitude of vehicles, and there are many states like Arizona, so maybe Haosen couldn't care less and will keep selling them like this? As much as I appreciate the street legal bikes, and desire a Brozz, I do find myself desiring the project-in-a-box that the Hawk is. I like the thought of taking a 'raw' bike that is not 'supposed' to be on the street and putting it on the street, and upgrading things like the sprockets and the carb. I wish to ride one to Cabo San Lucas from Yuma via the Baja peninsula, at least before I possibly move out of Yuma and back to California in the next few months.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 03-19-2017, 10:36 PM   #36

I'm a tinker myself. I've restored a boat load of classic cars and motorcycles over the years. It's been a while since I had a dirt bike, so what better way to scratch both itches than with a kit dirt bike, if you will. I like the fact that you can jump on an enduro, go down the street and you see a trail take it.

I was hoping to start putting the bike together this week...
I'll find out tomorrow whether or not that's gonna happen pending the DMV visit.

By the way, I wish I lived in Arizona, it's a beautiful place.

Old 03-19-2017, 10:40 PM   #37

There's a good chance it hasn't even shipped yet, especially if your CC hasn't gone thru yet. With all the storms this week it could very well be sitting on a dock waiting to go, so if you get on it very first thing tomorrow am that would be smart. They DO drop ship most of these so that's another factor.

My Enforcer was supposed to ship Friday but I doubt it did.

Old 03-19-2017, 10:45 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwl6935 View Post
I'm a tinker myself. I've restored a boat load of classic cars and motorcycles over the years. It's been a while since I had a dirt bike, so what better way to scratch both itches than with a kit dirt bike, if you will. I like the fact that you can jump on an enduro, go down the street and you see a trail take it.

I was hoping to start putting the bike together this week...
I'll find out tomorrow whether or not that's gonna happen pending the DMV visit.

By the way, I wish I lived in Arizona, it's a beautiful place.
Same here. I haven't even been on a motorcycle in many years. I do have an ATV but have the itch for a bike, and I also like the idea of being able to drive a few miles on the road to get to different trails, or maybe even run a few errands on a nice day. And for the price, it should be a fun inexpensive hobby...

Old 03-19-2017, 11:06 PM   #39

Manny, the shipping company called me on Friday and said they'll be here on Tuesday.

Old 03-20-2017, 09:54 PM   #40

Here's what happening in the hawk registration saga.

Went to DMV this morning and asked them about registering the bike. The lady was somewhat confused at first. She took out the list of manufacturers and said there's so many chongqing's on here (lol) and then asked me for the title. I just got done explaining to her the entire story about me not having the title yet not 5 minutes before, but I guess she wasn't listening... so I repeat the story a second time. She says if it's not on the list it's not getting a plate, which I already knew. When I got out to the car I called power sports max and told them what the DMV just told me. The rep says that if I want to cancel I'd have to eat the shipping in both directions. (That's almost $700!) I went on to tell the rep that the very next day after I purchased the bike I sent an email and called them to verify that the bike can be registered, which they told me it could. The reps reply was for me to write another email explaining the situation again. I was like wtf! I'm on the phone explaining the situation AGAIN!. This to me was another stall tactic. I said ok I'll do that, so I wrote another email and got zero response back after 4hours of waiting, so I called again and explain myself again! The rep said she'd send the complaint to the registration department... i.e. The old 86 it (trash can).

I even told them that I'd buy another bike, but got no response on that.

... bottom line this. That place sucks (power sports max). I wouldn't buy sh*t from them. The customer service is terrible. Even after they're screw up they still refuse to take responsibility is just BS.

The bike is coming tomorrow whether I like it or not, so I'm going to try to register it and dispute the charge on my credit card and will report them to the BBB in their state all at the same time. Why I'm doing it that way is because I think there's a time limit on starting cc disputes. If my state allows me to register the bike I'll drop the dispute otherwise f*ck em.

I'm sorry but I'm pissed!

Old 03-20-2017, 10:17 PM   #41

That does suck and you have every right to be pissed. Those shipping charges seem outrageous too...I'm paying $155 for a Enforcer delivery to NY. Yes, it does sound like they suck, and you should make sure everyone knows. Plenty will see this thread and NOT buy from there!

And especially since you offered to buy another bike from them, they suck even MORE!!!

Just remember, they can't "make" you take delivery of anything, and you WILL be able to get a FULL refund I'm about 99.9999% sure. Personally I wouldn't buy squat from them at this point unless they want to step up and offer you some help.

Sorry, I'm really not trying to stir the pot, I just hate seeing people get screwed and it shouldn't be "buyer beware" when you are buying a brand new machine.

Old 03-20-2017, 10:35 PM   #42

Thanks manny!

If I refuse the shipment I'm afraid they're going to stick it to me on the shipping. Hell the bike and shipping cost around $1,400, so 700 on shipping and having no bike would suck worse.

You'd never think twice about whether or not you'd be able to register an enduro , but here I am learning the lesson about Chinese bikes and sh*tty scumbags that sell them the hard way.

Old 03-20-2017, 10:59 PM   #43

Yeah, it probably boils down to the fact that they just do not know WTF they are doing. I mean you would have bought something else had they known that you wouldn't be able to register it in NJ. Other dealer s know it, lots of members here knew it, they sell them so they should know!

I guess it really IS buyer beware with these things, which I suppose is part of the reason they are cheap(er). Look at the inconvenience all of us buying Enforcers are going through....although I truly do think Don will have this straightened out very soon.

Old 03-20-2017, 11:28 PM   #44

What kind of issues are you guys having with the enforcers?
Let me guess ... registration issues?

Old 03-20-2017, 11:33 PM   #45

I think the idea of going through the steps, combined with you having emails as your proof, should put you in the right, especially as you dispute it with your CC. Heck, you should print out the emails and take them to the DMV, and have someone film it all, for further proof. Show the emails in the video, then you getting shot down at the DMV (while showing the emails to the DMV person), and have them put it in writing that the Haosen Hawk is not able to be registered (all the while filming it).

TGB Delivery Scooter 150