Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2018, 07:06 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvarez View Post
I have no horse in this race, I will never buy a TT250, and clearly already have an RX3 so I really just don't care. I also am not going to assume my brother is right. If you want to nitpick the one post, of course you can find holes. This turned into a four page thread with people who have been riding all their lives, and he also got an opinion from a paralegal (no not a lawyer). My brother is a mechanic and once had a job replacing parts on an entire container of generators that all had fake US approvals on them. It's pretty common really, not his first time seeing it, which is why he checked all the certifications.

So do what you want with that info, I'm not interested in arguing about it and really don't even have a strong opinion on it. Personally I'd say screw the EPA and have no problem with an illegal muffler.
No nitpicking here, I've found this story to be interesting and useful

I believe it explains the recall that CSC did for the 2015 RX3's (and possibly early 2016 TT250's?, can't say for sure, since I ordered mine in December 2016 and it already had the sticker on the headstock when I received it), when they mailed out the Federal Noise Emission stickers with instructions pertaining to where on the bike they should be placed.

Old 10-18-2018, 07:10 PM   #32

Now that's interesting, and I didn't know about that. I've also been unable to find a copy of the pissup between CSC and that reviewer, Evenrider or something like that. I'd really like to read it. I love a company that stands up for itself, even if it's offensively.

Old 10-18-2018, 10:57 PM   #33

Back in the olden days when I worked in a shop that sold Hondas, Kawasakis, Husqvarnas, and Pentons, every exhaust had a stamped imprint of approval in the metal. No stickers, period. The only exceptions were exhausts intended for closed, contained course racing. Tracks such as drag strips, mud bogs, dirt tracks, indoor motocross, pulling tracks, and road racing venues with no plants other than mowed and raked grass within a certain distance of the track, distance dependent on speed, could run anything. Street bikes that did not have mufflers approved for off road use so were not allowed off road legally. US and state forest service personnel wrote some tickets with hefty fines if an exhaust was not properly stamped.

Old 10-19-2018, 11:13 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvarez View Post
Now that's interesting, and I didn't know about that. I've also been unable to find a copy of the pissup between CSC and that reviewer, Evenrider or something like that. I'd really like to read it. I love a company that stands up for itself, even if it's offensively.
I believe the blog entry in question was taken down by Joe Berk after he had a chance to reconsider things.

Old 10-19-2018, 12:02 PM   #35

I witnessed the Everide scandal, YouTuber Everide bought an RX3 and compared it against serious off road bikes in a dual sport style review. The RX3 was never intended or advertised as a dual sport bike and his comparison was very misguided, unfair and appeared biased. His review would have been unfair for any adventure bike, I'm sure my CB500X would have shared a poor review as well. Everide should have made a comparison of adventure bikes or instead compared the TT250 against dual sports rather then the RX3. Joe was offended and called him out on what appeared as a vary biased review and mud started to fly from both parties. Joe later apologiesed and its one of the only blog posts CSC ever removed. I've watched several Everide videos and his RX3 video is the only unfair review I've seen him do. He recently reviewed the Himalayan and said it was decent yet the RX3 would have beat it hands down in a one on one showdown if he reviewed the RX3 like he did with the Himalayan.

2014 Honda CB500XA
2016 CSC TT250
1976 Honda CJ360T
2022 Honda Navi

Old 10-19-2018, 12:05 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes View Post
What seat did they use?!
Not just the seat it's where the footpegs, controls and handlebars sit as well. Apparently it's VERY cramped for typical American riders. Where the RX4 has ergonomics similar to the RX3 and is very comfortable.

2014 Honda CB500XA
2016 CSC TT250
1976 Honda CJ360T
2022 Honda Navi

Old 10-19-2018, 12:52 PM   #37

Yeah, I've read ABOUT it, but would really like to read it. I'll see if I can search it out on the Wayback Machine. Should be fun reading. From all accounts, I can see that the reviewer knew he was going to bash it, and bashed it while saying things that would lead a sane person to think it was good. So I probably would have sided with whatever offensive post CSC had on it.