Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2020, 07:03 PM   #1

Family go karts purchase went well so far...

So I'm gonna post my experience with family go karts

I ordered the bike last Thursday night using the fast check method which saved me about $80 and also had a $40 coupon code. I get a email saying that to confirm your order you have to call them, so the next morning I call and they say that there sales rep named Tyson is working from home and will call me shortly to go over the ordering process.

Tyson calls me and says my order is confirmed and once my check clears the bank I have to email them a copy of the check front and back and then it will ship. He tells me that the shipping company will give me a tracking number and call me to confirm shipping destination etc.

So my check doesn't show up in the bank account untill Tuesday, and I immediately send him the copy and I don't here nothing back so I decided to call. A lady answers and says "yes Tyson said he got your copies of the check,the bike should ship soon". She says I should expect it between 7 and 9 days. I don't hear anything from them for a day so I decided to email Tyson. I asked him if my bike shipped. He replys back in about 10 min and says yes it was shipped. That was the only confirmation I had received of the bike being shipped.

Skip ahead 3 days and a saia shipping truck is pulling into my work and says I got a scooter for somebody! Lol I said I hope to God it's not a scooter. But it was my deluxe!

I am very greatful I got it so fast but I had no knowledge of it arriving or tracking info, or them even calling me which I thought was odd but so far family go karts is a good company to do business with. Now I have to send them the vin info to get my title and paperwork to register it so I can start gripping and ripping!

Old 04-26-2020, 02:03 PM   #2

Hi Cdosier90,

I’m glad to hear that you had a good experience with family go karts.

I, and a few others, had less than an acceptable experience with family go karts. As a matter of fact, my HellCat has never been cranked. I still have to buy parts to fix it.

Enjoy the Ride!
-2016 Hawk 250 - Kitty Hawk - eBay exhaust, Mikuni carb(120 main/30 Pilot), airbox mod with K&N filter, digital cluster, total LEDs, 17/45 sprockets, RK chain, Shinko 244 tires, trunk, aftermarket levers, burrito tube, skid plate, Sargent Cycle Seat...
-2003 HD Sportster 100th Anniversary
-1999 Buell X-1 Lightning - Race kit, Buell Seat

Old 04-26-2020, 09:54 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbo7106 View Post
Hi Cdosier90,

I’m glad to hear that you had a good experience with family go karts.

I, and a few others, had less than an acceptable experience with family go karts. As a matter of fact, my HellCat has never been cranked. I still have to buy parts to fix it.

Enjoy the Ride!
Was it damaged in shipping? What parts broke? And family go karts won't replace the parts for you?

Old 04-27-2020, 11:57 AM   #4

Having been on China Riders forum for a while, I have found that dealerships are hit or miss. Some people have a good experience, while others have a horrible experience. Most of the time, it’s not so much the dealership as it is the shipping company that the dealership uses. I could not get either of them to help me.

The damage to my bike was extensive. It’s still sitting in my garage. It’s “Garage Art” now,

Enjoy the Ride!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5F1826C5-DCAB-4221-A8D1-ABC1AE54F756.jpg (13.1 KB, 229 views)
-2016 Hawk 250 - Kitty Hawk - eBay exhaust, Mikuni carb(120 main/30 Pilot), airbox mod with K&N filter, digital cluster, total LEDs, 17/45 sprockets, RK chain, Shinko 244 tires, trunk, aftermarket levers, burrito tube, skid plate, Sargent Cycle Seat...
-2003 HD Sportster 100th Anniversary
-1999 Buell X-1 Lightning - Race kit, Buell Seat

Old 05-10-2020, 10:26 AM   #5

No paperwork

Ordered from these joker's going on 2 months and still no paperwork. They keep saying they will send, anyone else have this issue?