Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2021, 07:35 AM   #31

Got mine here
https://www.megamotormadness.com/pro...-150cc-scooter
About $1300 delivered in a crate to your house.
The Malibu does not come with the rear rack which cost about $80 delivered but it is out of stock.
Bet the scooters are made by the same company in China.

Is the $1800 for the Rugby 50 cc version. I see the 150cc one for $2k

Got the COO and bill of sale so am getting it tagged soon.

Old 08-28-2021, 07:38 AM   #32

Got the highway pegs off Ebay and they are installed. Really missed them as I was use to them on my Ice Bear Vision.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210827_163705 (1).jpg (19.5 KB, 269 views)

Old 08-29-2021, 06:42 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goob View Post
Just curious. Are Icebear Scooters any good?
So the question cannot be answered since no telling who manufactures the different models of these Chinese bikes. Ice Bear, Wolf, etc

I have had good luck with my Ice Bear Vision 150 at 7k kms. No telling what my new Ice Bear Malibu 150 will do. I try to leave them stock.

Old 08-29-2021, 10:55 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnone View Post
Got mine here
https://www.megamotormadness.com/pro...-150cc-scooter
About $1300 delivered in a crate to your house.
The Malibu does not come with the rear rack which cost about $80 delivered but it is out of stock.
Bet the scooters are made by the same company in China.

Is the $1800 for the Rugby 50 cc version. I see the 150cc one for $2k

Got the COO and bill of sale so am getting it tagged soon.
Yep, it is the 50cc one. Good catch! You got yours with great price.
2016 Tao Tao 125D

Old 08-30-2021, 08:34 AM   #35

I would not buy a 50cc unless i needed a liquor scooter.

Last edited by Barnone; 09-01-2021 at 09:55 PM.

Old 09-03-2021, 12:29 PM   #36

Been riding her with my fake Ebay tag while waiting for the real tag from Florida. I do have insurance on her and don't take her too far from home. She goes up my steep rough driveway just fine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210902_143958 (1).jpg (26.2 KB, 253 views)

Old 09-03-2021, 04:26 PM   #37

Quote:
I would not buy a 50cc unless i needed a liquor scooter.
That seems to be a common theme, but the truth is that a 50cc GY6 motor with a re-jetted carb, performance exhaust and open air box and proper roller weights, will run 45-50 mph and get to those speeds with some pep.

My de-restricted 50cc moped will run just as fast on the road as my TBR7 in all its 250cc glory.

They also average $300-$500 cheaper than the same level 150cc scooter.

When you add to that the absence of registration, plates, insurance, no required motorcycle endorsement (for some of us), and the 100+ MPG mileage you are dealing with basically free transportation.

And I don't think there is a cop anywhere that is going to tear down your moped to measure the size of the piston to find out if you have a big bore kit installed.

Old 09-04-2021, 07:08 PM   #38

https://www.megamotormadness.com/ice-bear-scooters

Ice Bear Vision 50 cc $885.95
Ice Bear Vision 150 cc $939.59
Difference is $53.64
Shipping is the same.

GY6 50cc 2.82 HP
GY6 150cc 8.46 HP

Hope you don't have a wreck where you are at fault with no insurance.

Kentucky law says a 50cc moped cannot go faster than 30 MPH and can't have more than 2 HP.

A guy at this tread
https://advrider.com/f/threads/icebe...clone.1439424/
tried all kind of mods including 71cc kit on his Vision 50 cc and maybe got it up to maybe 40 MPH all because he didn't have a motorcycle endorsement or maybe no DL ala liquor scooter. He finally disappeared from the thread. Probably blew up the engine.

Last edited by Barnone; 09-05-2021 at 10:57 AM.

Old 09-05-2021, 04:09 PM   #39

I really can not tell you what the subject in the "other thread" was doing wrong. These bikes are all different otherwise we would not have guys claiming their box stock Hawk will do 90 when mine will not do but 60. Who knows?

Sorry Barnone but my 50cc bike was faster than 30mph when I brought it home. Imagine that, a manufacturer that would sell a vehicle that went faster then the defined speed limit. Never heard of such a travesty!

Secondly, I have never seen a cop in KY driving around with a portable dyno to insure that mopeds have no more than 2hp. They just don't care!

Third, I was referencing the law, which in KY requires no plates, registration or insurance. By your reasoning all bicycles, e-bikes and e-scooters should also be insured and tagged. At this point some cities are renting e-bike mopeds to anyone that has a cell phone that will pay for it.

Exactly how much damage do you suppose a 200 pound plastic Chinese scooter would do in a collision?

The most injury that would be possible is if you had a head on collision, went through the other vehicles windshield and landed on someone like a road killed deer. More than likely you would be dead and your level of social concern slightly reduced.

As for the price differences you site, I can only state that that particular outlet is over charging for the 50cc and I would not purchase from them!

Old 09-06-2021, 07:20 AM   #40

On that site the two scooters are the same except for the engine size. You stated "They also average $300-$500 cheaper than the same level 150cc scooter." The difference in cost of a 50cc vs a 150cc
GY6 is very small.

I was stating the law on mopeds in Kentucky. No where did I suggest that " By your reasoning all bicycles, e-bikes and e-scooters should also be insured and tagged."
Your 50cc scooter does not qualify as a moped in Kentucky.

What is the make and model of your 50cc scooter and where did you buy it?

Old 09-06-2021, 02:23 PM   #41

Modifications were what killed the idea of liquor scooters in Arizona. Just in the small city of Yuma, alone, I recall 3 deaths with 50cc scooters prior to the 2015 law; two were snowbirds who killed themselves running into cars, or crushed by cars, or something (I think one was the car driver's fault, the other the rider's fault) and one, a drunken 15 year old girl ran into a 90+ year old pedestrian and was never charged, then was charged, and then, who knows what they did with that case?! I think there must have been a lot of carnage in Phoenix, which wouldn't surprise me considering how much everyone thinks that 35 MPH roads are 75 MPH roads. There were lots of people modifying them, not to mention I recall it mentioned that there were scooters identical to each other in both 50cc and 150cc versions. So, nowadays, everyone needs a motorcycle endorsement to ride most anything, the only loopholes seem to being two-stroke bicycle engine kits, and those high-powered electric bicycles (which are technically regulated in California to needing a moped license at the least to ride one).

I am annoyed that Arizona didn't compromise and allow for 50cc scooters to be ridden using a standard driver's license because it ruined a whole bunch of scooter rental ideas I had floating in my head

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 09-06-2021, 03:59 PM   #42

The State of Arizona did not come down on go-peds, but a lot of individual cities did. I saw some crazy fast modded go-peds when I lived there.
E-bikes and "Neighborhood Electric Vehicles" are regulated by Federal laws, it is more difficult for states and local governments to ban or further restrict them.

Old 09-06-2021, 10:24 PM   #43

Quote:
On that site the two scooters are the same except for the engine size. You stated "They also average $300-$500 cheaper than the same level 150cc scooter." The difference in cost of a 50cc vs a 150cc
GY6 is very small.

I was stating the law on mopeds in Kentucky. No where did I suggest that " By your reasoning all bicycles, e-bikes and e-scooters should also be insured and tagged."
Your 50cc scooter does not qualify as a moped in Kentucky.

What is the make and model of your 50cc scooter and where did you buy it?
OK, I will roll it into the shed and never ride it again if it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy.

However, it is locked in there with a Honda Shadow and the lights are out. I will probably have a litter of go karts and minibikes by morning.

Old 09-07-2021, 08:54 AM   #44

krat,
i don't care what you do with your scooter.
What is the make and model of your 50cc scooter?
I had several Honda Shadows over the years, favorite was the 1100 Ace Tourer with the hard bags and the windshield.

Last edited by Barnone; 09-07-2021 at 10:13 AM.

Old 09-07-2021, 10:22 AM   #45

Had liquor scooters by the bunches here in North Carolina clogging up the roads until the state started requiring at least liability insurance and a moped tag so now you don't see any.

Here is my buddy on his liquor scooter "moped" hauling some trailer trash.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TrailerTrash1.jpg (38.7 KB, 234 views)