Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2020, 09:15 PM   #1

Icebear Scooters ?? Any good??

Just curious. Are Icebear Scooters any good?

Orion RXB 150XL

Old 08-15-2020, 11:46 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goob View Post
Are Icebear Scooters any good?
Vision 150 discussion.

Old 08-22-2020, 12:53 AM   #3

Personally, not a fan of ice bear. Their stuff always *looks* nice, but is usually pretty sloppy. That being said, they do tend to have a somewhat solid following.

I recommend Wolf. If it was the vision line you were looking at, they have a similar model, the rugby. Their Jets and Jet IIs are solid, as well as the entry level rx50. The V-150s are also an awesome choice if you want something bigger than a 50.

I did a 72cc kit on an RX-50 this week and it was pretty quick after a little carb/airflow work.

Old 05-02-2021, 11:21 PM   #4

My Ice Bear Vision 150 is still going strong. Ride her almost every day. On my second set of tires. Had to replace the tail light as the stop light burned out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210404_084346 (1).jpg (37.8 KB, 1156 views)

Old 05-03-2021, 06:31 PM   #5

What size are you considering? They make 150cc, 300cc and some trikes. They make 150cc Grom Clones too.

Old 05-03-2021, 09:44 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelbender6 View Post
What size are you considering? They make 150cc, 300cc and some trikes. They make 150cc Grom Clones too.
Who you asking?
I don't think that Ice Bear actually manufactures the ones they sell. The Ice Bear Vision 150 I own is like the ones that other sell with their brand on them. I don't think Wolf manufactures the bikes they sell.

Old 05-04-2021, 01:21 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnone View Post
Who you asking?
I don't think that Ice Bear actually manufactures the ones they sell. The Ice Bear Vision 150 I own is like the ones that other sell with their brand on them. I don't think Wolf manufactures the bikes they sell.
According to the EPA/DOT certification list, the parent company (I cannot recall offhand who it is) of Ice Bear is the manufacturer of record. They actually certify their CT70 replica with their scooters. I recall Pete from Kronik Racing saying good things about Ice Bear, but I do believe he had a falling out with them so no longer shows Ice Bear on his site. I think it had something to do with one retailer getting better treatment than his and others from Ice Bear, not due to quality. He never had good things to to say about Taotao, which is why he never carried them, but did carry other low-cost brands, such as Ice Bear.

However, Wolf's scooters use ZNEN as the OEM from what I remember. ZNEN is the OEM for several brands, including BMS, SSR, Amigo, and others. From what I gather, ZNEN is pretty decent, and companies can spec the models to their liking, which is why some 'brands' (i.e. Amigo or Wolf) have a good rep.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 05-04-2021, 06:35 PM   #8

Only thing I know is that there are many different sellers of the clone of the Yamaha Zuma 125 which my Ice Bear Vision 150 is one of. All look pretty much the same except for the name.

google "yamaha zuma clone" and you get lots of hit for scooters similar to mine with different names. Some are a clone of the older Yamaha Zuma.

The manufacturer of my scooter is
https://www.zhenhuagm.com/products/m...oter/dwsv.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210504_182530.jpg (115.4 KB, 1094 views)

Old 05-05-2021, 11:19 PM   #9

I am guessing that is the parent company of Ice Bear. I recognize a few of the products.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 05-06-2021, 08:09 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
I am guessing that is the parent company of Ice Bear. I recognize a few of the products.
The Yamaha Zuma clone they manufacture like mine. No Ice Bear name on it. No mention of Ice Bear on their website.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 333.jpg (85.5 KB, 1096 views)

Old 05-06-2021, 10:02 PM   #11

I believe they are the OEM for most, if not all, of Ice Bear's scooter lineup, then. Ice Bear seems to be the company that arranges to renew the EPA/DOT certification year after year. The way the certification reads on the EPA/DOT Excel spreadsheet, it appears that Ice Bear is the OEM (Pacific something or another is the company of record), but you are showing they are not. A comparison would be similar to CSC is the company of record for their Zongshen-sourced bikes on the EPA/DOT certificate, but is not the manufacturer as we know.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 05-17-2021, 03:03 PM   #12

Any direction/recommendation on where to look at buying a Ice Bear 150 Vision? I've been looking here.

https://www.megamotormadness.com/pro...-150cc-scooter

Following @Barnone elsewhere has got my interest in this make/model. I am open to other suggestions as well. Thanks.

Old 05-19-2021, 01:46 PM   #13

My Ice Bear 150 Trike is the nicest and highest quality out of all the 5 China bikes I've bought. But it's also the most expensive at $2,550.
2011 Honda Foreman 500ES 4x4
2001 Polaris Scrambler 400

Old 05-19-2021, 02:39 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by moresnow View Post
Any direction/recommendation on where to look at buying a Ice Bear 150 Vision? I've been looking here.

https://www.megamotormadness.com/pro...-150cc-scooter

Following @Barnone elsewhere has got my interest in this make/model. I am open to other suggestions as well. Thanks.
There was one particular scooter I was interested in that was on Ice Bear's website, but no one was offering it. It was a clone-ish rendition of the Zuma 50 2T (but Ice Bear's was a 4 stroke). I called the general phone number and a VERY rude woman, with a thick Asian accent, kept telling me they don't sell retail. I had to keep explaining I just wanted to know IF they had the bike in the US, and where would they (she) recommend. She did recommend megamotormadness (still rudely, LOL), which I am guessing there might be some kind of relationship seeing as both are in the same area of the greater Los Angeles region. So, they must be okay to order from, of course with the usual caveats of most all mail-order places like after-sale service, etc. One Ice Bear dealer I would look into is Cajon Maddogs in the New Orleans area. Alan, the owner, seems to only deal in Ice Bear, and has made them into a sort of local 'cult' following, mainly the Maddog scooters, but also with the CT-70 replicas that Ice Bear carry(the Champion 125). I would check with Cajon Maddog, first. I don't think there are many after-sale caveats with them, so definitely put them on your list as far as anything Ice Bear. Tell him I sent you.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 05-20-2021, 01:36 AM   #15

I haven't been much impressed by the reviews of IceBear scooters. I've heard a LOT of "they look great, but aren't good in quality".

Guess I'll never know...too many other brands with better reps.

olds_cool63
=======
Johnny Pag Pagsta (replaced 50cc engine with 110cc, modded-out)
2007 Tank Vision Topline Khaos (cosmetic mods, cherry-bombs)
2005 Kymco Vitality 50 2T (70cc big bore kit, other race mods...tops out at 67mph)
2008 Hyosung GT250 (cosmetic mods)
2001 Suzuki Bandit GFS1200S (cosmetic and slight mods...150mph+)