Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Riding > Ride Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2010, 11:36 AM   #16

So more good info on this one too.

http://www.bestbeginnermotorcycles.c...ing-motorcycle

Not everyone could save money. One thing not mentioned yet. Let wear and tear on the car by using a bike on days the car is not needed.

My jeep saw about 2K for all of 2007. It was only used for towing trailers. I saved money on the insurance because it was registered as an occasional use vehicle too.

I use the truck for alot of hauling. It is a good little vehicle, but at 3 days a week I drive by myself with nothing more than my lunch in tow.

Old 01-10-2011, 06:04 AM   #17

There was no way i could even afford a used, worn out car here let alone a fuel injected one.Bikes are totally cheaper to drive/own.Plus you get to have your daily driver and your fun machine in one bike.

Heh, for $1500 i could have gotten a old VW that already had problems and got 28mpg .And had to be babied else fall apart at the seams.

Old 01-10-2011, 08:24 AM   #18

Where are you at?

Old 05-03-2011, 07:47 PM   #19

Send a message via AIM to Sack-Slapped Send a message via MSN to Sack-Slapped Send a message via Yahoo to Sack-Slapped
I know that I'm grave digging this thread, but I thought I'd give my opinion on this matter(and the ride to work day is next month)

For my family, riding motorcycles is much cheaper than driving what we have. Granted that my only vehicle is a dual sport, it gets much better gas mileage than my parents vehicles. We have(as our primary drivers) a chevy suburban(diesel) that gets 12 mpg. Then we have a ford f350(diesel as well) that gets 16 going around town. With diesel at $4 a gallon, my little dual sport is way more efficient for us. Neither of my parents will ride it though. As our back up vehicle, we have a ford aerostar that gets about 18mpg. Again, gas prices the way they are, my bike still comes out ahead.

i don't think that we'll be getting a car that gets 20+mpg any time soon, so in my opinion, motorcycles are much more efficient in my area.

Just my $.02

Old 05-03-2011, 08:49 PM   #20

Seems pretty low on the suburban and good for the f350.

Riding a motorcycle/scooter is not always cheaper in the long run. Compared to a 35mpg car I would have a hard time coming out ahead at current fuel prices.

Old 05-03-2011, 09:59 PM   #21

Send a message via AIM to Sack-Slapped Send a message via MSN to Sack-Slapped Send a message via Yahoo to Sack-Slapped
Well the trucks a stick shift, so my dad always keeps it at low RPMs around town. He's in 3rd gear before he crosses the intersection taking off from a red to green light.