Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2007, 08:10 PM   #1

Lifan LF200 owners...help!

Hey, gang;

Let me start form the beginning. I looked at a Lifan LF200 last winter
and was ready to buy. To make a long story short, the dealer never
prepped the bike so I didn't buy it. I went with a Tank Vision 250 2i.
Except for the engine (234cc) and dual exhaust and larger tires, these
bikes are identical. Well, I took off my mirrors and put on bar-end
mirrors. The left side metal mirror bracket vibrated off and I can't
seem to get one from Tank. I'm thinking it's gotta be the same as the
one on the Lifan LF200. If someone can take a picture (no need to take
the mirror off), I'd really appreciate it. Now, assuming it's the same
as for my bike, how easy is it to get parts from Lifan?

Thanks!

olds_cool63
'06 Tank Vision 250 2i

Old 04-23-2007, 07:06 PM   #2

Re: Lifan LF200 owners...help!

Come on, people! I'd really appreciate some help here.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by olds_cool
Hey, gang;

Let me start form the beginning. I looked at a Lifan LF200 last winter
and was ready to buy. To make a long story short, the dealer never
prepped the bike so I didn't buy it. I went with a Tank Vision 250 2i.
Except for the engine (234cc) and dual exhaust and larger tires, these
bikes are identical. Well, I took off my mirrors and put on bar-end
mirrors. The left side metal mirror bracket vibrated off and I can't
seem to get one from Tank. I'm thinking it's gotta be the same as the
one on the Lifan LF200. If someone can take a picture (no need to take
the mirror off), I'd really appreciate it. Now, assuming it's the same
as for my bike, how easy is it to get parts from Lifan?

Thanks!

olds_cool63
'06 Tank Vision 250 2i

Old 04-23-2007, 08:24 PM   #3

I dont have that bike, i have the dual sport... But from what I hear to get lifan parts you need a lifan serial number (from american lifan, to weed out the grey market bikes, bad idea in my opinion)....

http://stores.ebay.com/T-MOTORSPORTS
these guys have some lifan parts... though I cant comment on thier service yet, as the stuff I ordered they sent to the wrong adress and havent responded to my emails as of yet

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Other...mZ150114818155

maybe some pictures in that ad can help you?

Old 04-23-2007, 09:52 PM   #4

As Jim said, try T-Motorsports, they are starting to sell parts for a bunch of the bikes they carry, try giving them a call...

Jim, Don't e-mail them, you gotta call them and rouse them a little to get them motivated, they should come through for you...

Old 04-23-2007, 11:01 PM   #5

I didn't want to make long distance calls when emails were free but anyways they phoned here today because they got thier shipment back, so maybe they will send it to the right place this time...

Old 04-24-2007, 06:23 AM   #6

olds_cool

Please don't get mad at us. I choose to work my shop 5 days a week, from Tuesday-Thursday 10:00am to 7:00pm, Friday-Saturday 10:00am-6:00pm. What I do here and on any other forum is on my So-Called free time which means I don't have a life basically, because I'm always trying to help people today. This I see as a good thing. My other time consists of all shop bookwork etc., taking care of my home & yard, doesn't leave much time for that stuff. Don't take this the wrong way I'm just trying to explain things.

I looked at The Lifan LF200(I) parts pdf, the only bike they are showing me there is the LF200(I), not the (II) & (III). The (I) only came with Bar mounted mirrors. My guess is that the (II) & (III) mirror will come with the metal support that you are looking for but will have to get the mirror also and I won't find out about this till Tuesday when I open my shop for this week and call American Lifan.

I have seen your posts on The PSF Forum, but as you can tell I don't post there much. Mike Turber works for Tank Sports. I am Not A Tank Sports Dealer, nor will I be. Mike Turber owns The PSF Forum, not Tank Sports. If you believe what he says {M.T.}, Ok go ahead. He is only In My & Other Redcat Dealers opinions, blowing... Smoke & Mirrors up every one's butts. When things really start happening like parts support, vehicle support etc. maybe then but maybe not.

I'm really Sorry about your delima with Tank Sports, I wish it where better. I know Tom is working on this with Tank, I will do what I can with A. Lifan, to find the part you need.

Bruce
Hours: Tue.-Fri. 10:00-6:00 Sat. 10:00-4:00 EST.
Dealer for: Lifan, Crossrunner ATVs.
http://www.endlessjourneycycles.net

Old 04-24-2007, 12:07 PM   #7

Send a message via Yahoo to RPM
olds_cool,

I very rarely ever get into the street threads here, as about 90% of my business is off-road units, but I did receive the email from you with this request just yesterday morning. It's always best to get my attention through e-mail or a phone call, both of which are on my site. Like Bruce, I try to clear up two days a week for personal time off, in my case its Sun. and Mon., most people I know do, but if I can lend a hand to someone in need, I will try my best no matter the day. My shop hours are 9:30AM - 5:30PM Tues - Fri. and 9 -2 on Sat., but I have been known to work Mon. if I need to, more than I really want to.

Bruce has stated facts concerning the company of Tank Sports in that Mike Turber is an employee there who has very little to do with parts, mainly marketing, dealer sales and development from what I know about him. I don't think he will respond directly with anyone's needs unless it is a dealer and even then, I am not positive a dealer will get anything but a phone number of who to call. I am a Redcat dealer who has access to Tank products, but I have yet to order a unit from them so far. Their inventory has been low for some time and is just now starting to build their warehouses up that was part of the Redcat acquisition.

You are in need of a small piece, a bracket, that can easily be made I am sure. I contacted Tank's Parts Dept. and they do not stock these, but told me that it could be brought in from Mexico as they have a facility there now. This is an inexpensive part, but by the time they charge me shipping and then I ship to you, you are looking at spending $20-$25 for a part that could be made for a couple of bucks. If you could send me a pic of the other mount along with the measurements, I will try to help you out and save you a few dollars. If you would rather get the factory replacement, I will stay on their case till I get one sent to me.

Old 04-24-2007, 05:25 PM   #8

Thanks, guys!

Bruce, RPM....me, get upset with you guys? No, way! You guys have been trying and have been in contact with me which I really appreciate. Believe me...I look forward to doing business with YOU guys, because I only deal with people who actually try to help.

Yeah, I've dealt with Mike T. Let's just say I've gotten better responses...and leave it at that.

I can email pics and measurements..not for a day or 2, tho.

Understand guys, it's really frustrating just trying to get this one little part. What will I have to go thru if I need a major part?

Anyway, thanks for the help to all who responded!

Old 04-25-2007, 03:09 AM   #9

olds_cool
Hopefully not as much as this little part!! as long as Tom or myself can match it we can get it. All I can say is Tank needs to do something about their parts issues.

Quote:
Yeah, I've dealt with Mike T. Let's just say I've gotten better responses...and leave it at that.
Ditto on this one!

Old 04-25-2007, 07:16 PM   #10

Hey, Bruce;

I got a close up look at a Lifan LF200 online. It looks like the mirrors bolt directly to the cowl or front fairing. My mirror goes thru the fairing to the metal bracket. Well, I'll pull the part off tomorrow and get some pics up.

Old 04-26-2007, 01:23 AM   #11

olds_cool
Correct, the mirror studs go through the fairing, then a little metal support bracket behind the fairing then the nuts go on the studs. The bracket isn't that thick or large for that matter. I've been by myself the last couple of days, school kid hasn't shown up since last week, new gal is in the hospital for her asthma and my mechanic busted up his leg riding Sunday....WaaaHooo lots of fun by myself! I'll be calling A. Lifan tomorrow, I hope if I remember!!! :? If you want to call and remind me feel free to do so. Been swamped the last two days.

Old 04-26-2007, 04:32 PM   #12

Olds_cool, without some pics I am just guessing here but it sounds like your sportbike is like my Hyosung, In that the bracket at the base of the mirror has one or two bolts that pass through to the frame behind the fairing. It seems to me that you could get a small piece of sheet aluminum from you local hardware store and the correct sized bolts. Cut the aluminum with a hacksaw. (band saw if you have one) to the shape of the bracket base and drill holes for the bolts. Paint the whole assembly black or color matched to the bike and be good since you use bar end mirrors.

Just a thought but I could be totally off here because I am only guessing at what your needs are.

Good luck with it in any event.

Old 04-26-2007, 07:23 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolygonFla
Olds_cool, without some pics I am just guessing here but it sounds like your sportbike is like my Hyosung, In that the bracket at the base of the mirror has one or two bolts that pass through to the frame behind the fairing. It seems to me that you could get a small piece of sheet aluminum from you local hardware store and the correct sized bolts. Cut the aluminum with a hacksaw. (band saw if you have one) to the shape of the bracket base and drill holes for the bolts. Paint the whole assembly black or color matched to the bike and be good since you use bar end mirrors.

Just a thought but I could be totally off here because I am only guessing at what your needs are.

Good luck with it in any event.
Yeah, I know...I need to get some pics. Anyway, I way thinking of making one. Got the welder in the garage. I was jsut hoping to get the exact part. Anyway, a couple of the guys here have been really helpful.

The bracket attaches to the body and goes behind the front fairing. I need to place 2 bolts thru the fairing and bracket to secure the fairing. Ok, tomorrow...I'll get a pic up!

Old 04-26-2007, 08:04 PM   #14

Dang bruce! If you lived a little closer to KY I'd give ya a hand.

Old 04-26-2007, 11:42 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejcycles
olds_cool
Correct, the mirror studs go through the fairing, then a little metal support bracket behind the fairing then the nuts go on the studs. The bracket isn't that thick or large for that matter. I've been by myself the last couple of days, school kid hasn't shown up since last week, new gal is in the hospital for her asthma and my mechanic busted up his leg riding Sunday....WaaaHooo lots of fun by myself! I'll be calling A. Lifan tomorrow, I hope if I remember!!! :? If you want to call and remind me feel free to do so. Been swamped the last two days.
Ouch, Bruce! Hope everything works out OK! I'll get with you on this, dude. Thanks!