Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs

Old 11-26-2014, 09:13 PM   #1

Bent drive Axle shaft

Hello all!

I have a 2007 sunL atv and im looking for a rear axle shaft... mine is a tad bent on the left side.
can anyone help me find one?

here is the info on my atv

2007 SunL Kandi

Vin L5CAELLN77M009049

Engine family 7KNDX250AM5

engine 163FML

200cc (197)

thanks!!!

Old 11-26-2014, 11:12 PM   #2

I doubt that you'll find just the shaft; it'll probably be a complete axle, and eBay is the most likely source. Can you straighten the shaft?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 11-27-2014, 12:27 AM   #3

. Darn. I don't know. Maybe a machine shop could. The axle is not visibly bent. Just enough to throw is off at speed. While driving. It has a pretty good hump. Feels like a big bubble in the tire. . .

Old 11-27-2014, 04:39 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGageinator View Post
... Maybe a machine shop could...
If had some experience , u can use primitive tool: http://www.motorfans.com.cn/bbs/t_459752.htm
That guy above is a legend in chinese forum. Plenty crazy idea to repair bike cheaply…

Old 11-27-2014, 10:48 AM   #5

Most Chinese ATV parts interchange from brand to brand. In a lot of cases they are made in the same factory or get their parts from the same source. So in most cases you will just have to match up the part you need and not worry about what brand it is. Here are a few places that show axles that are available. Hope this will help you.

http://www.atvpartsmax.com/index.php...oducts_id/2966

http://www.buyatvsonline.com/advance...sort=2a&page=1

You will have to page in some to get to the ATV axles.

http://www.eagleatvparts.com/advance...sort=2a&page=1

Old 11-27-2014, 10:50 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGageinator View Post
. Darn. I don't know. Maybe a machine shop could. The axle is not visibly bent. Just enough to throw is off at speed. While driving. It has a pretty good hump. Feels like a big bubble in the tire. . .
Have you put the axle on a jack stand to rotate the axle? Maybe it's not the axle at all.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 11-27-2014, 10:56 AM   #7

It could be a tire. The Chinese tires are pretty cheap and could be just out of round. I notice a off balance effect if they sit over winter and it takes a while to work them out in the spring.

Old 11-27-2014, 11:16 AM   #8

I'm using tubes in mine, to fight a troublesome bead leak. They roll a little better as a by-product.

Old 11-27-2014, 11:48 PM   #9

it's not a tire. It's the axle. . Thank you for the links, I'll see what I can find! I also found a Chinese atv dealer about 30 miles away. I'm going to call them and see if they can get an axle shade for me

Old 11-28-2014, 05:17 PM   #10

rear axle

Hello... go to WWW.KANDIUSA.COM...... and ask for parts.... they will have the axle in stock... they are the supplier for this atv... this will be the fast easy way... fo not waste your time trying to straight it.. once bent it will always be bent.. they will ship it out to you by MAIL.. or FEDEX.. Check to see if you need anything else... I am a dealer for KANDI in Canada ... and there are many different sizes of axle. the length.. the size.. how long from the nuts.. the spline size... etc... been there done that... now I just go to the source... 1 stop shopping

Old 11-28-2014, 07:08 PM   #11

Wow that's awesome. Do you know of any dealers in the USA? I think I will try to get a wider rear axle if it's possible...

Old 11-29-2014, 12:31 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Have you put the axle on a jack stand to rotate the axle? Maybe it's not the axle at all.
gl

yes, i used this method to determine the shaft was bent.

Old 11-29-2014, 01:21 PM   #13

No offence was intended. We never know how much experience a rider has with maintenance.

Interesting. The axle must've taken quite a hit for it to bend.

You could separate the axle from the housing and place it in a cheap set of V blocks to determine where the bend is, but I haven't reconciled how to straighten it. I suppose you could clamp it in a strong vise, apply a little heat and tweak it with a long piece of pipe over the end. You could confirm your progress with the V blocks and a cheap dial indicator.

If you choose to try that, you could also use that opportunity to change the bearings to fully sealed units, and to install a couple of zerks. If you pump the housing full of grease, you'll prevent water from entering, and the bearings will last a long time. The mistake I made was to only install one zerk, so the air pressure had nowhere to go. Read about it here: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=7892

Old 11-29-2014, 02:50 PM   #14

no offense taken, i was just clearing things up :-) i really appreciate all the help. i will definitely take this time to install some grease fittings. that is a great idea!

Old 11-29-2014, 09:08 PM   #15

kandi usa

Hello... just go to the web page.. I know PATTY TAOTAO in California... ahe is great and will help you..