Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2016, 12:14 PM   #1

Liberty Motorsports Yuma, AZ

I am most likely the ONLY Yuma member here, but not the only chinarider owner, as I happened to go into our local Honda/Yamaha/Polaris dealer the other day and saw they had the funny looking electric scooter shown on SSR's site. I was wondering if someone else had it in the US under a different name, since it wasn't obvious on the scooter, and I doubted that this business would even put it beneath themselves to carry Chinese anything. Walked to the other end of the store and lo and behold! They had some SSR pit bikes and the XF 250 enduro (with two fat tires, no less!)! They did not have any of the street bikes (Buccaneer or Snake Eyes) from what I could tell, but they might be mixed in with the crowded showroom somewhere else, and they were closing up shop last evening. I had never sat on the XF, so got to do so, and was impressed with the fit and finish in the brief moments I got to sit on it and look it over; but like I said, they were closing up shop. One of these days, I will go back in, and one of these weeks I might even ride out on the XF.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 12-11-2016, 12:58 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
electric scooter shown on SSR's site
The SEEV-800 appears to be very limited use . . no street-legal mirrors or turn signals.

The TaoTao electric ATE501 has functional pedals . . so should be bicycle-lane compatible in many states.

Old 12-11-2016, 03:52 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoise View Post
The SEEV-800 appears to be very limited use . . no street-legal mirrors or turn signals.

The TaoTao electric ATE501 has functional pedals . . so should be bicycle-lane compatible in many states.
I am curious about that scooter (the Taotao). Apparently, you can take off the pedals and the chain (probably recommended!) to reduce drag. For all intents and purposes, it is a bicycle (with the pedals on--maybe keep the pedals and lose the chain for show for the cops?).

A friend of mine had bought a scooter through my Excalibur connection a couple years ago. It was right after Arizona no longer allowed 49.9cc and under scooters to not be registered and riders licensed. She did not (and still does not) have a license, but the scooter was plated and insured. She got a couple tickets and then the scooter was stolen, so she has to rely on cabs (not as bad as it sounds as Yuma is relatively small). However, this might be her ticket (no pun intended ) back on a scooter?! I will see how much I can get one of these tomorrow. Thanks for reminding me Taotao still carries them, Tortoise!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 12-11-2016, 05:22 PM   #4

http://www.powersportsdistro.com/SSR...-dirt-bike.htm
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~