Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-05-2019, 02:15 PM   #1

Puzey Rocky 125/Jumper 125/Orion FX1 Experience?

Hello everyone...it has been a while.

Over the last year or so I've been blinders-on for a '97 CR250 GNCC/TORCS bike project. The result has been a fun, fast bike that I can't see myself ever selling.

However, it is also a bike that is too "serious" for me to enjoy when riding with my kids who are on a TTR50 and KLX110, respectively. So, I'm looking at something on the complete opposite of the spectrum from my CR. Something I can campsite/cow-trail on with my kids at a family place...and maybe noodle on for novice trials stuff.

So...I'm checking out Orion's FX1 125, which is sold around the world as the Clevaland FXX, the Puzey Rocky FX125 or the Jumper 125. There seems to be quite a bunch in the way of Russian/Eastern-European YouTube content on them that I can't understand as an English speaking American.

Outside of the people saying, "those look like fun"...is there anyone here on the boards who has had experience with this platform? What is durability like? What are people running for a rear 21 tire when the stock rubber wears out? What is the general riding/ownership experience like for these in a pure-dirt world? Would it work as a beginner trials platform as well as a camp/cow-trail bike?

Thanks for any insight or input you all can provide.