Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2020, 02:19 PM   #1

Hawk engine light reset

I created an account for the sole purpose of asking this question. I read through old threads and found that this question has been asked before but never answered. I have a 2019 hawk dlx with almost 4k miles on it. Runs amazing, but now the check engine light has come on. It still runs great but now I feel like I can't trust it for longer rides. I have tried disconnecting the battery to reset the light but it stays on. I have also taken apart the throttle body, oxygen sensor, readjusted the valves and replaced the spark plug but the cel stays on. Apparently I can buy a code reader for 500 bucks but that really defeats the purpose of buying a cheap bike. If someone has figured out a way to read the codes for cheap or reset the light, let everyone know.
Thanks

Old 09-07-2020, 08:17 PM   #2

So I finally found this thread http://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=15675
Great resource if you have efi. Apparently my hawk has the code p0505. So based on other threads this might be related to idle control. I will clean the throttle body again and see if the cel goes away. It won't seem to let me clear the code manually. Spent all day trying to figure this out, hopefully it helps someone else.

Old 09-08-2020, 09:41 AM   #3

This may help you - it's a video I did last week that shows how to talk to the Hawk's ECU with a laptop. You do need to build your own cable, but I include links to the parts in the description.

g.

Old 09-09-2020, 10:57 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by f15sim View Post
This may help you - it's a video I did last week that shows how to talk to the Hawk's ECU with a laptop. You do need to build your own cable, but I include links to the parts in the description.

g.
Just watched and rewatched your video! Looks like you can advance the timing using this software!! If you don't try it maybe I will. This is a serious resource. Thank you so much for sharing!

Old 09-16-2020, 01:38 PM   #5

You're welcome! If you tweak it let me know how it goes.

g.

Tags
cel, codes, efi, engine light, hawk