Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2022, 04:14 PM   #16

@culcune I think you are correct about Orion. When I asked them specifically about both Hawks and the Raven, they confirmed that the state of TX was cracking down on Hawk-types. They all pass inspection, he said, but the issue is how the carb-versions were "registered with the Feds". Not a big deal for the DLX. He also mentioned that a last resort in TX would be a bonded title, which turns into a regular title after 36 months. I have not looked into that, so details are still fuzzy. FWIW.

Old 01-15-2022, 05:57 PM   #17

Ask PowersportsMax about what the title will say the ask the DMV. Most of these Chinese bikes are made by Zongshen. I have a CSC TT250 but the title says Zongshen for the Make. Mississippi had no problem pulling up Zongshen.

Old 01-16-2022, 04:28 PM   #18

The Titan DLX will come with a title/bill of sale from PSM saying Dirt Bike and the manufacturer will say Koolcnchet .. Once it's registered at DMV the title will say Motorcycle

Former China Bikes: Tao DBX1, Brozz 250, CSC RX4, Titan DLX, Templar X

Old 01-18-2022, 07:39 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKdiver1 View Post
@culcune I think you are correct about Orion. When I asked them specifically about both Hawks and the Raven, they confirmed that the state of TX was cracking down on Hawk-types. They all pass inspection, he said, but the issue is how the carb-versions were "registered with the Feds". Not a big deal for the DLX.
The Raven is supposed to be 49 state legal with the EPA/DOT as an 'On highway motorcycle' as it is on the same certificate as the rest of the Bashan lineup. The Hawk/Magician are on the same certificate with the EPA on their 'Offroad motorcycle' list, so I can understand why states might finally be cracking down on bikes that are certified with the EPA as 'Offroad motorcycles' vs. ones certified with the EPA/DOT as street-legal 'On highway motorcycles'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2t2t250 View Post
Ask PowersportsMax about what the title will say the ask the DMV. Most of these Chinese bikes are made by Zongshen. I have a CSC TT250 but the title says Zongshen for the Make. Mississippi had no problem pulling up Zongshen.
CSC's TT250 and the RX3 and RX4 are directly manufactured by Zongshen, but other bikes are technically other manufacturers. Scooters are a good example of how easy it is to be a 'manufacturer' in China; one can generally buy up parts, slap a bike together, and send it to get EPA/DOT (or just EPA in the case of dirtbikes) emission tested. Generally, at least the bikes we get in the US, are mostly different enough to differentiate brands. With the exception of the Raven which seems to be made to literally look nearly identical to the Hawk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknj99 View Post
The Titan DLX will come with a title/bill of sale from PSM saying Dirt Bike and the manufacturer will say Koolcnchet .. Once it's registered at DMV the title will say Motorcycle
Texas might not let 'Dirt Bike' fly as many other states have stopped allowing dirtbikes to be plated and street registered. For a while, RPS used to send out their MSO's stating 'motorcycle' which 'tricked' states into plating and registering them. But, I believe there was a crackdown, and even Texas has apparently cracked down.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 01-18-2022, 11:34 PM   #20

Culcune, the undisputed encyclopedia of China bikes.

2016 Magician 250

Old 01-19-2022, 09:13 AM   #21

I appreciate the vote of confidence, but I have found some of these companies are not as easy to track down anymore. The industry has grown somewhat exponentially since this group was founded in 2006. However, I will try to keep up the best I can

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 09-05-2023, 09:43 PM   #22

Modify your motorcycle to legally ride it in Texas. You need a DOT-approved headlight and tires, horn, tail and brake lights, and rearview mirror(s). Get an OHV decal and pass inspection.

Last edited by lakinxoe; 09-15-2023 at 12:20 AM.

Tags
x-pro titan