Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2019, 08:07 PM   #1

Apollo 250 out, New 2019 blue CSC TT250 ordered.

Sold my Apollo over the weekend and lasted exactly two days before going through withdrawals. I just couldn't get the Apollos rear suspension set up the way I wanted it without some frame modifications. The Apollo ran great and its new owner seemed happy with the purchase as he plans to put it on the back of his RV for tooling around.

I live in Nevadafornia and its not as easy to register all of the offroad branded hawks and magicians. The TBR 7 was just too new for me to gamble on and the BMS 250cc CRP that was available locally has disappeared from the Nevada turbopowersports website. I though long and hard about it and even went to look at a brand new 2018 CRF250l Rally that was on sale for 3895 plus fees. The problem with the crf250L rally was that the dealership had a bait and switch scam going with over $1500 in additional fees plus tax.

I actually called CSC and they actually answer their phones, they keep stock on actual replacement parts, and just seemed to be genuinely nice people. Hopefully the quality of this bike is good. I am super excited about its impending delivery. I am going to take lots of pictures and a video when it arrives.

Last edited by Irishjew; 05-07-2019 at 10:23 PM. Reason: I really need to start proofreading.

Old 05-07-2019, 08:32 PM   #2

Thumbs Up

You will find that the crew Steve Seidner has assembled at CSC is top shelf. There is really no one else in the CB market like them. Quality product, reasonable pricing and real customer service sums them up nicely

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 05-07-2019, 09:45 PM   #3

You will be quite happy with the TT250. CSC is a pretty great company to work with, and probably the best in the Chinese motorcycle world in N. America. They were super helpful to me when I was ordering parts and had a mix up and I don't even own a CSC motorcycle.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 05-07-2019, 10:56 PM   #4

I think the old story " you get what you pay for" applies.
Paying more should give you more and CSC demonstrates that.

Seems most all other cheaper bike seller people have issues etc but they paid less so logically they get less but maybe expect more then they actually paid for.

Old 05-07-2019, 11:07 PM   #5

Mine is running good @ 280 miles, CSC has been great to deal with, Would I purchase the tt250 again, YES. It's not the perfect bike but nothing is. You should be pleased with your purchase.

Old 05-08-2019, 01:00 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes View Post
I think the old story " you get what you pay for" applies.
Paying more should give you more and CSC demonstrates that.

Seems most all other cheaper bike seller people have issues etc but they paid less so logically they get less but maybe expect more then they actually paid for.
That is exactly it, you pay more to get more. I bought a Hawk knowing the support would be non-existent, but also knowing I had the ability to take care of things myself.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 05-08-2019, 01:58 AM   #7

China doesn’t make a great bike for a low price
It does make a low price bike that could be great in ones own opinion

China isn’t the Slave to the USA and they’re making sure they sent
They intend to be your master / look hard at things and the culture and you’ll see what I mean.

Their down fall so far is their own lazy attitude and non willingness to change
If you could only know all the experience I’ve had! Simple shit kept very difficult

Old 05-08-2019, 08:51 AM   #8

Congrats on your purchase! I also look at csc. The service and support is important. I have written that the guys in the masters knowledge class on this site, could charge for their knowledge services and have extra income. If you have some time, do some write up on your purchase! Take care and stay safe!
A family that works together, plays together, shoots and trains together, and sleds together, stays together. Second amendment! SkiDoo sleds, NOW 2 TTR225, and a BMS250. A couple of quotes (we are not farmers) "I don't get off the farm much" "Am too old school" I call the china bikes "the china syndrome".

Old 05-08-2019, 12:16 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes View Post
China doesn’t make a great bike for a low price
It does make a low price bike that could be great in ones own opinion

China isn’t the Slave to the USA and they’re making sure they sent
They intend to be your master / look hard at things and the culture and you’ll see what I mean.

Their down fall so far is their own lazy attitude and non willingness to change
If you could only know all the experience I’ve had! Simple shit kept very difficult
Well they are great bike for the tag price. China can make great things for a very low price. Like Norinco Firearms, garden tools, etc.
But let's be honest you can make them so cheap, because the Chinese government is forcing low wage to their workers and forcing a hive mind just like the russians.

Old 05-08-2019, 01:10 PM   #10

I think for the money, the Chinese are providing a great value for the buck spent. What I find atrocious is how much the Japanese are charging for their bikes. Purely market driven. Much of the motorcycle world is inflated by "I gotta have the newest, latest, best" mentality. Lots of image involved. Obviously, we as China riders don't care about image much. ;-)

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 05-08-2019, 01:34 PM   #11

CSC is literally a store/on- line store vs. most budget mail-order stores. I would equate them to a reputable big brand dealership that happens to mail-order.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 05-08-2019, 02:06 PM   #12

I love my TT250 and customer service with CSC is fantastic. They've always answered my questions, were super helpful, and I've never had a problem ordering parts. With 4500 miles on the bike since last spring, I've had no serious issues.

Old 05-08-2019, 06:43 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
What I find atrocious is how much the Japanese are charging for their bikes. Purely market driven. Much of the motorcycle world is inflated by "I gotta have the newest, latest, best" mentality.
Here is a good example of what you say:
In Argentina with around 2500 dollars you can buy these motorcycles:

A)Yamaha XTZ 125, 9.8 HP assembledin Brazil with chinese and thailand parts. MSRP 2680

B)Honda XR190 L FI, It's use the cb190r engine, assembled in Argentina, again with chinese and thailand pars. About 18 HP MSRP 2650

C)"Corven 250 TXR" Chinese on/off with a water cooled 250cc engine. I don't know if it's a yamaha clone or a Kawasaki clone, not honda for sure. About 20 HP. MSRP 2050

The japanese know that people will pay anything for something stamped with their brand.

Old 05-08-2019, 08:39 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Dog View Post
Here is a good example of what you say:
In Argentina with around 2500 dollars you can buy these motorcycles:

A)Yamaha XTZ 125, 9.8 HP assembledin Brazil with chinese and thailand parts. MSRP 2680

B)Honda XR190 L FI, It's use the cb190r engine, assembled in Argentina, again with chinese and thailand pars. About 18 HP MSRP 2650

C)"Corven 250 TXR" Chinese on/off with a water cooled 250cc engine. I don't know if it's a yamaha clone or a Kawasaki clone, not honda for sure. About 20 HP. MSRP 2050
I think the Chinese clone is an adapted water cooled engine from the Air cooled CB250 - I can't see the photos but that is a semi common engine here or it is a NC250 that is now very common

Old 05-08-2019, 08:45 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Dog View Post
Well they are great bike for the tag price. China can make great things for a very low price. Like Norinco Firearms, garden tools, etc.
But let's be honest you can make them so cheap, because the Chinese government is forcing low wage to their workers and forcing a hive mind just like the russians.
It is so they can drain the west of the capital for them selfs - Hence Mr T has it right.