Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2019, 04:07 AM   #31

Man, I ordered a TT250 in blue on Wednesday (the day after you right?). I haven't gotten my tracking number yet. I did get the rack, and the 45t sprocket and they are installing it for me so maybe the shop time takes a few extra days... I am checking my email and just CANT WAIT!!!

Old 05-14-2019, 05:16 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeynovak View Post
Man, I ordered a TT250 in blue on Wednesday (the day after you right?). I haven't gotten my tracking number yet. I did get the rack, and the 45t sprocket and they are installing it for me so maybe the shop time takes a few extra days... I am checking my email and just CANT WAIT!!!
More likely that his was already assembled and yours wasn't. They could also have had to order in a part, which could easily delay it a few days.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 05-14-2019, 10:18 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes View Post
The carb on your bike is just a clone/Keihin type and my first tune set is well suited for that.
Has main jets and a #40 pilot along with a rebuild kit should you need the screws or adj needle etc.
NGK Spark plug, 17T front sprocket and a free air filter.
NZ here gives sound advice. Of all the Keihin clone carbs I've dealt with, the clone Zong uses on the TT250 is a much better piece. Very nice castings and feels more substantial, in-hand. If NZ's carb kit was available when we bought our TT250, there would have been no real need to swap to the Mikuni VM26.
Food for thought.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 05-14-2019, 11:25 AM   #34

O I do have some rear racks that suit the TT250 as well - now 2 options!
I need to list the other bigger very much like the TaoTao version.

eBay shop is expanding - BUT they stopped me listing more stuff cause something to do with $ value?!

Best I work that out

Old 05-14-2019, 11:27 AM   #35

Actually I think maybe possible the PZ30B carb is an option depending on the cable that is available with the elbow - Just not sure yet

Old 05-14-2019, 05:14 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes View Post
Actually I think maybe possible the PZ30B carb is an option depending on the cable that is available with the elbow - Just not sure yet
I have one cable that I ordered by mistake that has the elbow. Want me to see if it will screw in to the throttle housing?
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 05-14-2019, 09:50 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeynovak View Post
Yup, I ordered it last Tuesday and it was here on Friday. I am only 275 miles from them though and I did not have them add any of the extras. I wouldn't worry i bet its just them assembling it and adding your upgrades. They have been top notch to deal with.

Just received my MCO paperwork yesterday so I will try and find time to get it road legal soon.

Old 05-14-2019, 09:52 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
NZ here gives sound advice. Of all the Keihin clone carbs I've dealt with, the clone Zong uses on the TT250 is a much better piece. Very nice castings and feels more substantial, in-hand. If NZ's carb kit was available when we bought our TT250, there would have been no real need to swap to the Mikuni VM26.
Food for thought.
I will probably order his kit after I get it registered and broke in. Gotta go get my motorcycle endorsement but have to wait until my MSF class next month. If I take the MSF class I can get lower insurance rates and the DMV waives all of the testing. I thought it would be a good idea to brush up on safety anyways.

Old 05-15-2019, 10:26 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishjew View Post
I will probably order his kit after I get it registered and broke in. Gotta go get my motorcycle endorsement but have to wait until my MSF class next month. If I take the MSF class I can get lower insurance rates and the DMV waives all of the testing. I thought it would be a good idea to brush up on safety anyways.
I couldn't agree more. The class is well worth it. My buddy and I taught Mrs. 2LZ how to ride over an entire Winter. She had over 400 miles under her belt (even in the rain), just inside Folsom Lake State Park, by the time we were done teaching her. Then, we sent her to the beginner MSF course. She smoked it but said she still learned a lot. As you say, the best part was waltzing into DMV with the cert and getting her license without all the hoops and tests. One year later, she took the advanced course, smoked it, and the rest is history.

2009 Q Link XP 200

Old 05-15-2019, 01:55 PM   #40

Well I am now 300 dollars lighter after visiting the DMV but my bike is titled and registered. Good thing I brought the bike with me in the back of my truck because Nevada requires a VIN inspection. Now on to my MSF class next month. I am experienced on dirt only(some street as well) and am really looking forward to this class.

Old 05-15-2019, 02:05 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishjew View Post
Well I am now 300 dollars lighter after visiting the DMV....
Sounds like CA is leaking over the border!

2009 Q Link XP 200

Old 05-15-2019, 02:09 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Sounds like CA is leaking over the border!
Yes, We even smog diesels here in Nevadafornia. Sucks that it isnt the wild west here anymore. At least its still very easy to obtain a CCW though.

Old 06-20-2019, 03:51 PM   #43

Well, I went and took the MSF class last weekend and now have my motorcycle license. It was a fun and very informative class. The instructors were great and even helped correct a few bad habits that I had picked over the years.

I can now get this bike broke in now that I am riding more often on the street. I did order and install the CSC rear rack this week along with a harbor freight waterproof case. The case is a little large but I like it so far.

Is it normal for the engine to sound like it has a walnut bouncing around the top end at higher rpm's (around 5,000) until its fully broken in?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190618_023416496_iOS.jpg (85.4 KB, 683 views)
File Type: jpg 20190618_023420537_iOS.jpg (89.0 KB, 184 views)
File Type: jpg 20190618_023424962_iOS.jpg (88.5 KB, 177 views)

Old 06-20-2019, 04:28 PM   #44

Hearing something bounce around an engine normally is not a good thing to hear...

but, I wonder if you are just hearing "happy tappy valves" at higher RPMs?

Most people forget that these engines are like older "Honda car engines pre 2000s", these Chinese Singles also make a lot of different "mechanical" sounds, all meaning something is in or out of spec.

New engines have built in baffles and sound dampening chambers on the intake to catch certain harmonics that customers found unpleasant or thought the noise was something about to fail... hearing "happy tappy valves sing at 5,000+ RPMs" can catch some off guard with a whisper quiet exhaust and an intake with no sound dampening

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 06-20-2019, 04:37 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhule View Post
Hearing something bounce around an engine normally is not a good thing to hear...

but, I wonder if you are just hearing "happy tappy valves" at higher RPMs?

Most people forget that these engines are like older "Honda car engines pre 2000s", these Chinese Singles also make a lot of different "mechanical" sounds, all meaning something is in or out of spec.

New engines have built in baffles and sound dampening chambers on the intake to catch certain harmonics that customers found unpleasant or thought the noise was something about to fail... hearing "happy tappy valves sing at 5,000+ RPMs" can catch some off guard with a whisper quiet exhaust and an intake with no sound dampening
Thank you AZHULE, I am pretty sure its just the valves. Engine is perfectly smooth until I hear the tapping noise at higher rpm's. The walnut expression was probably a poor choice of words on my part.