Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2024, 01:42 PM   #31

"If I don't get stupid()and the break stays stabilized until I see the bone doc next week, I won't need surgery and the accompanying hardware. Going to attempt going upstairs tonight and the garage over the weekend."

Translation:
Here's how it will go if I don't F it up.
Here's how I am going to F it up. (This weekend)

I can totally identify except I generally don't tell people first. They have to catch me. Quote from my wife:" OK. Exactly which part of bouncing around the backyard on a dirtbike do you think qualifies as 'bed rest'?" She threatens to tie me down sometimes.

Old 02-13-2024, 01:52 PM   #32

your knees didn't look dirty. :o

Bikes I've owned: Suzuki GS450T, Yamaha XS500, Honda V45 Sabre, Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic (2), Suzuki VX800, Kawasaki Ninja 650, Triumph TT600, Honda Superhawk, Kawasaki Concours 1000 (3, including a sidecar rig), Buell XB9R, Kawasaki Nomad 1500, Concours 14, Honda Goldwing (2), Housen Hawk, Suzuki Intruder 1400, Kawasaki KLR650, Victory V92TC.

Old 02-13-2024, 01:54 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyR View Post
"If I don't get stupid()and the break stays stabilized until I see the bone doc next week, I won't need surgery and the accompanying hardware. Going to attempt going upstairs tonight and the garage over the weekend."

Translation:
Here's how it will go if I don't F it up.
Here's how I am going to F it up. (This weekend)

I can totally identify except I generally don't tell people first. They have to catch me. Quote from my wife:" OK. Exactly which part of bouncing around the backyard on a dirtbike do you think qualifies as 'bed rest'?" She threatens to tie me down sometimes.
Snort. You have one of those, too. I used my crutch to push the hydrostat pedal on our JD tractor after my foot surgery and heard about for days..

Thursday night, as our SIL is helping me into Mrs.C's Renegade, he asks her if she told me not to get hurt. Because our daughter says that every time he plays hockey after the incident of a puck, followed by a stick, in his mouth the day he left his mouth guard home. He hasn't gotten hurt since.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 02-15-2024, 03:04 PM   #34

Parts are arriving daily. Too bad all I can do is watch them stack up.

So, Mrs. C had her 'Inconvenience' surgery yesterday. She came through it fine. Her surgeon came to see me in the waiting room and she is just too bubbly for an old guy. After telling me everything looked great with Mrs.C, I had to do a step by step on how I effed up my ankle.

It was a long day, we left home at 1pm and didn't get back until after eight. Her surgery was scheduled at four and she'd had nothing to eat for 12 hours prior. I offered to stop at a BK on the way home but she reminded me that she'd set up the crockpot before we left. Still, I haven't had a Whopper in months and it sounded good.

She's doing great, though there is a bit of resentment that I'm not able to spoil her. I try, but there's not a hell of a lot I can do. That said, I dropped her off at the grocery store while I took and gassed up her car. For her birthday, I've always gotten her a Devils' Food chocolate cake with Pistachio frosting. Last year, they didn't have any. She found one today and figured we needed spoiling. It was supposed to go with dinner but it rounded out lunch.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 02-15-2024, 03:39 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
Parts are arriving daily. Too bad all I can do is watch them stack up.

So, Mrs. C had her 'Inconvenience' surgery yesterday. She came through it fine. Her surgeon came to see me in the waiting room and she is just too bubbly for an old guy. After telling me everything looked great with Mrs.C, I had to do a step by step on how I effed up my ankle.

It was a long day, we left home at 1pm and didn't get back until after eight. Her surgery was scheduled at four and she'd had nothing to eat for 12 hours prior. I offered to stop at a BK on the way home but she reminded me that she'd set up the crockpot before we left. Still, I haven't had a Whopper in months and it sounded good.

She's doing great, though there is a bit of resentment that I'm not able to spoil her. I try, but there's not a hell of a lot I can do. That said, I dropped her off at the grocery store while I took and gassed up her car. For her birthday, I've always gotten her a Devils' Food chocolate cake with Pistachio frosting. Last year, they didn't have any. She found one today and figured we needed spoiling. It was supposed to go with dinner but it rounded out lunch.
Are you sure that ankle is broke? I think you fakin so you don't have to wait on her hand and foot. lol
Glad to her she's doing okay.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 02-15-2024, 03:52 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
Are you sure that ankle is broke? I think you fakin so you don't have to wait on her hand and foot. lol
Glad to her she's doing okay.
If it ain't, I deserve an Oscar just for being able to go from my light taupe skin color to freakin mayo toned when I bump the SOB.

And thanks.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Last edited by cheesy; 02-15-2024 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Brain works faster than fingers.

Old 02-17-2024, 03:28 PM   #37

So the $2200.00 worth of furniture we ordered last month arrived this morning. Two rocking recliners and a new couch. As I am no help at the moment, Mrs.C and the delivery guys got everything arranged to her liking.

I haven't tried the couch yet but it's looking like it may be tonight's sleeping spot. The rocking recliners, though, are the catsass. Except for how Mrs.C has them set up. Instead of next to each other, the foot rests are angled towards each other at about forty five degrees. Not a big deal normally, but she managed to walk into my Aircast when she got out of her chair.

OMG, I felt that through the top of my head and saw stars. If I was still wearing my smart watch, the heart rate alarm would have gone off. It took almost forty five minutes for the pain to subside.

All I got from her was, 'Oops' and 'I didn't bump it that hard'. If I'd had the power of speech, I would have offered to punch her latest stitches.

As far as the lathe goes, the cover to the gear case is held on by a hook and square 1/4-20 nut. It's supposed to be a knurled brass nut. I happened to find the correct nut on fleabay for $50. For $50, I can get a hunk of brass round stock and make a bunch of them.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 02-20-2024, 07:17 PM   #38

I went back to the bone doc today. Heard what I didn't want to hear. The break has not stabilized and I never got out to the garage or down to the basement. X-rays showed the fibula has moved, so surgery. That's tentatively scheduled for Monday. I earned a plate and several more screws in my left foot.

I can kiss spring time riding good bye.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 02-21-2024, 06:34 AM   #39

Sux.
1969 Honda CT90--The Tomahto
Cheesy is the WDK (workplace drama king). Now retired. Nope, back in the saddle.
Climate: The Movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A24fWmNA6lM
How our government really works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjadCd0VRBw
Question all authority.....think for yourself

Old 02-21-2024, 07:42 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
I went back to the bone doc today. Heard what I didn't want to hear. The break has not stabilized and I never got out to the garage or down to the basement. X-rays showed the fibula has moved, so surgery. That's tentatively scheduled for Monday. I earned a plate and several more screws in my left foot.

I can kiss spring time riding good bye.
Oh man, That sucks.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 02-21-2024, 10:12 AM   #41

welcome to the couch beside me. after my back surgery, riding is out until at least May per my DR.

Bikes I've owned: Suzuki GS450T, Yamaha XS500, Honda V45 Sabre, Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic (2), Suzuki VX800, Kawasaki Ninja 650, Triumph TT600, Honda Superhawk, Kawasaki Concours 1000 (3, including a sidecar rig), Buell XB9R, Kawasaki Nomad 1500, Concours 14, Honda Goldwing (2), Housen Hawk, Suzuki Intruder 1400, Kawasaki KLR650, Victory V92TC.

Old 02-26-2024, 09:21 PM   #42

I had the surgery today. It's a new kind of pain. A plate and five new screws. I also tore the deltoid ligament when I went down, so that got fixed, too.

I'm still kind of doped up and the many naps since I got home have been wonderful.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 02-26-2024, 10:40 PM   #43

Is Mrs. Cheesy doing well enough to look after you ,or has Buster been promoted to chief cook and bottle washer ? You guys have been through the wringer lately

Old 02-26-2024, 10:47 PM   #44

Speedy recovery to you, cheesy, take it slow and take your meds....it makes the pain a lot more tolerable.

Don't be this guy!

Old 02-26-2024, 11:23 PM   #45

Sorry, Cheesy. Get better.

2016 Magician 250