Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2016, 12:57 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by willy dog View Post
just bought arctic cat sabercat 06 with only 450 org. miles we had no snow last year so i buy another sled
Pics?

No snow one year then you get another winter 2014 the next. For my buck, sleds are a greater kick than bikes! But then I'm a southerner so naturally it's a thrill when I get the chance.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 05-10-2016, 01:16 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by willy dog View Post
like the looks have a red squirrel trying to move into the house that would do the trick
Yes, over abundance of greys may have something to do with my purchase and their complete consumption of my 20x10 patch of corn.

The quieter pellets also sold by gamo are heavier and still fast at a respectable 1000fps. 177cal.

Also came with a nice scope but prefer open sites .
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 05-10-2016, 05:43 PM   #33

Bought some 74/T5 sized LEDs to finish the 'Lower Watt, Higher Lumens, White Light' Kawasaki and Bashan Instrument Cluster Upgrade.

Also got a 'Digital Tachometer' to try out, Mrs. complained about the other one "reading slow/sticking", instead of taking it apart and trying to fix the $5 China Tach, I decided to try out and ordered a $9 'Red Digital Tachometer' in it's place .....

And I had to order a few parts for my cars today too...

One car decided it wanted to run through a full tank of gas in 100 miles... can you say "runs a little bit rich"??? A new Idle Air Control Valve for a 92 Honda Accord EX (a $300 part ) was ordered, along with some EGR Port Caps (to clean up some plugged up EGR Ports/Passageways)...

And 2 transmission drive axle seals for my Turbo 'Eclipse Clone' (Plymouth's version) to finish my Clutch/Flywheel/Throw-out Bearing/Manual Transmission 'rebuild/refurbish' ... only cost $8 for both of those

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 05-10-2016, 08:00 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
Attachment 5783

Not exactly m.c. related but it's still cool. $144 at walmart. With the platinum pellets the 1250fps is about as loud as a 22 shot. PE-YAW! Got reward check from credit card so it's paid for
Love the rifle! With whatever scam is going on with the 22 ammo shortage these airguns are a fantastic alternative and damned cheap to plink around with. Makes a great small game and varmint gun.

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Last edited by dpl096; 05-10-2016 at 09:16 PM.

Old 05-10-2016, 09:39 PM   #35

Quote:
Attachment 5783

Not exactly m.c. related but it's still cool. $144 at walmart. With the platinum pellets the 1250fps is about as loud as a 22 shot. PE-YAW! Got reward check from credit card so it's paid for
Nice pick! I have its cousin, the SSW with the nitro piston. These magnum air rifles are quite impressive. My SSW likes the Crosman domed hollow points the best. Lays waste to gophers. Problem is that I put a nice scope on it and now it's useless within 10 yards so gopherin' is futile. I can knock the crap out of something at 15 yards and further though. If you scope it, make sure you get a scope made for air rifles. A regular scope will blow its guts mounted on an air rifle due to the reverse recoil.

Also, there's a nice air rifle forum "Gateway to Airguns.com". There's a sweet trigger there that one of the veteran members made for it. Turns it into a sweet shooter!
Happy shootin'!

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 05-10-2016, 11:06 PM   #36

Some of these modern air guns are quite amazing with their ability. Yes, it is shocking to hear a supersonic report from an air gun. Of course that also means that the woodpecker or squirrel doesn't know what hit them.

Old 05-11-2016, 12:40 AM   #37

Yes , I figured that was what was going on withe the high veh. Ammo, supersonic, amazing. It did come with a scope in the box but never used one so left it off. Has nice open sites too.

2lz , there was a model there for $225 or even more , I forget, knew I didn't want it for that much, but it was a Gamo and it said 1300fps. I figured this model was plenty for my needs and budget.

I think this is the one that you are calling the ssw http://www.walmart.com/ip/Gamo-Silen...Rifle/17420181

But damm, I didn't think it was $279 !

Old 05-11-2016, 10:39 AM   #38

I have one of those Gamo 'Silent Stalker', nice and quiet compared to my other Gamo .177 rifle got it on sale at a local 'Sporting Goods' store for under $160 a while back

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 05-11-2016, 10:41 AM   #39

Quote:
Yes , I figured that was what was going on withe the high veh. Ammo, supersonic, amazing. It did come with a scope in the box but never used one so left it off. Has nice open sites too.

2lz , there was a model there for $225 or even more , I forget, knew I didn't want it for that much, but it was a Gamo and it said 1300fps. I figured this model was plenty for my needs and budget.

I think this is the one that you are calling the ssw http://www.walmart.com/ip/Gamo-Silen...Rifle/17420181

But damm, I didn't think it was $279 !
That's the one! I got mine on a smokin' sale for around 200, new (not refurb). I really like the nitro piston. You can leave it cocked indefinitely (though I don't) and there's no mega-TWANG from a spring. The Bone Collector is the same guts with a different stock setup.

For gopherin' now, I picked up this Benjamin pistol. It's a .177, is amazingly accurate when set up correctly and will shred the head clean off a surfacing rodent. I was amazed at it's power. It's a nitro piston also. We've had such a problem with gophers it's nuts. They've destroyed almost everything Mrs. 2LZ has planted, have destroyed what little lawn we had in the small fenced yard, and have even undermined my deck pier blocks. We've smoked them, poisoned them, flooded them. Nothing works but a pellet in the pumpkin.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Benjamin-T...istol/23763906

You'll find all modern trigger basically suck because they're designed to. They have a long pull (either primary or secondary) and a hard release for "safety" so they don't accidently go off. There are work-arounds for this.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 05-11-2016, 10:53 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
That's the one! I got mine on a smokin' sale for around 200, new (not refurb). I really like the nitro piston. You can leave it cocked indefinitely (though I don't) and there's no mega-TWANG from a spring. The Bone Collector is the same guts with a different stock setup.

For gopherin' now, I picked up this Benjamin pistol. It's a .177, is amazingly accurate when set up correctly and will shred the head clean off a surfacing rodent. I was amazed at it's power. It's a nitro piston also. We've had such a problem with gophers it's nuts. They've destroyed almost everything Mrs. 2LZ has planted, have destroyed what little lawn we had in the small fenced yard, and have even undermined my deck pier blocks. We've smoked them, poisoned them, flooded them. Nothing works but a pellet in the pumpkin.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Benjamin-T...istol/23763906

You'll find all modern trigger basically suck because they're designed to. They have a long pull (either primary or secondary) and a hard release for "safety" so they don't accidently go off. There are work-arounds for this.
Varmint patrol makes you feel like your doing something, but in the end, they always win. They have many cousins ,sisters, brothers etc...Nice pistol too

Old 05-11-2016, 06:38 PM   #41

RX3 filters

Well folks due to fat finger late night ordering I managed to order (2) 2 piece RX3 reusable filters from AliExpress. That gives me 4 of these things and I really only want 2. AliExpress has a listing showing they are still 28 bucks for 2. Anyone interested in buying these off me for that same price let me know ... otherwise I reckon I'll be well stocked lol. Shoot me an IM if you are interested. I will say they are high quality and I see why Spud and others have made the switch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg filter 1.jpg (16.9 KB, 151 views)
File Type: jpg filter 3.jpg (16.8 KB, 149 views)
File Type: jpg filter 2.jpg (8.3 KB, 148 views)
File Type: jpg filter 4.jpg (14.0 KB, 149 views)

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 05-12-2016, 12:24 AM   #42

Jets, jets, and more jets!

Got some more Mikuni main jets for the Bashan and some Keihin pilot jets for my Kawasaki, have to finish the 'fine tuning'

Bashan is running great so far on a 25 slow (still need to try a 22.5), but needs a different main jet for fine tuning still, have a 98, 100, 105, 110, 115 in the set... so I ordered another set with 102, 108, 112, 118 and a few others

Now I just have to wait for them to arrive from China

The Bashan WILL is now ride-able and we'll be putting (s)miles on it daily now, with or without those 'fine tuning' jets

Old 05-12-2016, 08:36 AM   #43

I bought 2600lbs of gravel yesterday and will be buying another 2600lbs today.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 05-12-2016, 10:35 AM   #44

Mmmmm! People talking about guns!!!! Building a .308 AR right now to add to my collection. Then i have 2 - .556 AR lowers with sequential serial #'s to build out for my girls, (have a friend who worked for SI defense and bout a bunch of blems) Would REALLY like one of these but have China Bike needs 1st LOL!!!

Old 05-12-2016, 11:53 AM   #45

I bought myself a brand new SCCY CPX-1 9mm for concealed carry.