Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-14-2018, 10:40 AM   #1

RX3 Realities

There's been a lot of folks buying, then selling their RX3's to an upgraded bike for many reasons lately and of course, all the forum board opinions and chatter involved. I figured I'd write a short blurb for the "possible buyer" that may be nosing around here thinking of buying an RX3, so they know what to expect before pulling the trigger.

Some get them as starter bikes, then outgrow them as their talents increase and riding needs change. This is one of the perfect uses for an RX3.

Some get them and just can't handle taking flack from friends about their "Chinese junk." That's your choice.

Some just get the need for a motorcycle out of their system and realized it's not for them. Good enough.

All this said, let's take a look at the realities of the RX3.

There's been tons of chatter here about the RX3 and I really believe that folks think this bike as much more than it is.

It's a very enjoyable bike to ride.....for a 250.
It is very versatile and will be able to wear many hats....for a 250.
It's fun as hell on paved twisties....for a 250.
It can handle light to medium trail riding very well....for a 250.
It can easily handle short bursts down the freeway when needed....for a 250.

It is a larger framed, small displacement, well-built, reliable, mildly powered bike. If you're an aggressive, younger rider, or want to race the Grandpa Class, it's not the bike for you.
If you're 250+ pounds, why would you look at a 250 anyway?
If you're a beginner or like many of us that are getting older, still have a love for two wheels and no longer need to do double jumps, it will be fine.
If you just want to get in the wind and don't need huge power, crotch rocket handling, KTM suspension, and max performance, it will be fine.
If you want a brand new bike, that has excellent service and support but you don't want to go deep into the financial hole, this bike will be fine.

It is a comfortable, reliable, inexpensive adventure bike that comes with many standard features for the price and it has the best backing of any Chinese motorcycle ever sold in the U.S.....but it's only a 250.
It won't do anything more than a 250 was designed to do.
Did I mention that it's only a 250?

I hope this helps answer some questions that a possible buyer may have.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350